Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no bread for a month

Options
  • 24-01-2014 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Going off bread milk cheese crisps biscuits and chocolate for a month.
    I'm 86.7 kg in the gym just now. Going skiing Feb 23 so might let bread back in then

Flip hope I can stick to it... Prob won't be able

I'm 30, 5 10. work shift work so its gonna tricky organise...

Today is done anyway. Oats eggs fruit spuds salmon and veggies and a slice of homemade cake got me thru.

Cake is a very dodgy entry but it was my mums so no bad stuff in there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Good luck.

If the cake had flour, it was probably bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

If the cake was cake, it was probably bad.

Ah no only messing I fcuking love cake. Thick slice of cake and a protein shake is the perfect post workout meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Ah its still better than a bag of hob nobs and an 8 pack of crisps lol

Yoga done, upper body weights done, fruit and oats eaten. Shake drank with bcaas whey psylium and wheatgrass. Power nap time before training tonight. Hope the rain let's up

The key to this month will be keeping the blood glucose levels normalised. If I starve then I'll rebound and gorge on anything I can see...

So I gotta keep plenty of food with me at all times esp at work
    Loads a fruit.

Wonder what else I can switch in instead of bread. I used to make potato bread but it was ****e. Maybe I can improve the recipe

Any help with other bread substitutes

Oats for brekkie
    Spuds and veg for dinner
    But something instead of sandwiches?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Golden Acre Quark will do the job. 250g gives you 30 grams of protein,10 carbs, zero fat and about 170 calories. Very very filling. also if you can get some raspberry Flavdrops from myprotein it makes the quark taste like petite filous.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,588 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Wonder what else I can switch in instead of bread. I used to make potato bread but it was ****e. Maybe I can improve the recipe

Any help with other bread substitutes

Oats for brekkie
    Spuds and veg for dinner
    I think we've been pretty much programmed to think of sandwiches for lunch but you're pretty much open to anything else - not just quark. Jjayoo has a thing for quark to the point where it's not available in Ireland 'cause it's all up in his kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Salad!

Day 4 now. Yest was tricky. Working 14 hours. Grossly underestimated my food need considering its next to get food that's not bread based these days.

I was never really hungry tho and ate lots.
    Isn't it really crap that you can't get decent door that's not bread based in 3 restaraunts/cafes on site in work

Have to say that the flavour of food is coming out more as opposed to being drowned in milk butter sugar etc
    Oats and linseed and a few bits with water.in the microwave is actually tasty out...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,588 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Day 4 now. Yest was tricky. Working 14 hours. Grossly underestimated my food need considering its next to get food that's not bread based these days.

I was never really hungry tho and ate lots.
    Isn't it really crap that you can't get decent door that's not bread based in 3 restaraunts/cafes on site in work

Have to say that the flavour of food is coming out more as opposed to being drowned in milk butter sugar etc
    Oats and linseed and a few bits with water.in the microwave is actually tasty out...

You're gonna have to bring something with you if you're finding it hard to source food that doesn't involve bread.

Day 6. Haven't really been hungry or craving anything cause I'm not really dieting. I'm eating lots of food

Have never been able to go this long as I used starve myself b4 and then rebound after a few days.

Stable blood sugars are pretty sweet... :-)
    Might use the glucometer at work to check randomly

Thanks Alf. Bringing food in is OK 3 days Outta 5 then I get tired or run Outta time. Tomorrow for example I won't get a break btw 7am and 6pm... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Stable blood sugars are pretty sweet... :-)

for sure :)
    Might use the glucometer at work to check randomly

Could check blood B-ketones with it at some stage too for the craic ?

• Advertisement

Ate bread today for lunch because there was actually nothing else available on my 5 min break...

I have my own mash vefgies and chicken but no way I had time for it were so busy.

So I don't really count it as a cheat. Do you?

What I'm totally delighted about is that I've eliminates biscuits crisps cake fizzy drinks from my diet and not really missed them at all. It is possible to also get shot of bread with use of rice and potatoes

It will be interesting to weigh myself in 3 weeks and see where I'm at.

Back to work and back to minimal preferably no bread at all..

Nearly 3 weeks in. 85kg flat tonight without ever being hungery once this last while. in fact ive eaten like a horse. but only 2 slices of bread and a couple wraps, 1 chocolate and 2 biscuits this whole time and those were to stave off hypoglycemia collapse after 36 hours straight of work with no break...

Happy with myself. sprinted very fast tonight at training. getting much stronger on the monkey bars at training. can still snatch 60kg easily enough... Really getting places. never feel as bloated.
    I think this new diet is about to become a lifestyle. Food just tastes so much better when not wrapped up in bread or drowned in milk, cheese, chocolate...
    Proud of myself.

1 month in.
    No processed food in 4 weeks. No chocolate crisps dairy cheese.
    I've had about 3 slices of bread in that time. A few free wraps at work post call.

84.9kg this am
    And I haven't even been slightly hungry all month.
    Delighted.
    Fitter faster stronger than before.
    Still a long way to go to 120kg clean & bench, 240 squat but the goalposts have shifted for me
    Now. I want speed not brute strength and power so low body weight is perfect.

Now to go skiing.
    No more processed crap food for me...

Maybe in 2 months I might be around 80kg. Wouldn't that be great!!! :-)

Well a few weeks later and nothing has really changed. Cept I've eaten a lot of crap food.

Still getting stronger but need to clean up the diet again. So its no bread part 2 now lol

Aiming to swap my 4 pack for an 8 pack for amalfi coast end of June...

And to start getting faster again..

Advertisement