Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions on Eircom's broadband

Options
  • 24-01-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi i am just wondering the following questions as we are thinking of moving to eircom because vodafone is terrible at the moment.
    Does broadband speeds slow down at peak times?
    Can you tell me what does uncongested broadband means, which Eircom is offering?
    On signing up to an Eircom contract, does Eircom offer a free modem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Does broadband speeds slow down at peak times? yes, and they won't even acknowledge it

Can you tell me what does uncongested broadband means, which Eircom is offering? Means nothing, I'm on NGB 24Mb and 56k provided a more stable service. Streams, gaming etc unusable. Download speed drops to 1/4 of what I'm paying for every evening.

On signing up to an Eircom contract, does Eircom offer a free modem? Think they do, but what good is a Car without an engine

Vodafone are using Eircom's equipment so you're fecked either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

united2k11 wrote: »
    Hi i am just wondering the following questions as we are thinking of moving to eircom because vodafone is terrible at the moment.
    Does broadband speeds slow down at peak times?
    Can you tell me what does uncongested broadband means, which Eircom is offering?
    On signing up to an Eircom contract, does Eircom offer a free modem?

Thanks.
    Hi united2k11

Thanks for interest, broadband can slow at peak times if in an uncongested area (on Next generation broadband). There are issues surrounding congestion at some exchanges which are upgraded to NGB so we would not be able to assure you that you would not experience slow speeds at peak times until it is in use.

It depends on what exchange your line is connected to, to find out if next generation is available to you please contact eircom sales on free phone 1800503303.

A free modem is included when returning broadband to eircom.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement