Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S24 Academy players (who wants/has what?)

Options
  • 24-01-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

With the current U20 WC squad we can all see what an organised training programme can do! Post here if youre interested in training a player and say which positions youre interested in training!

We'll need 30+ players on 10 of as high level sessions as you can give!

Props

Hookers

Locks

Backrows
    The Big Stick (Lv5's) *

Halfbacks
    Bracken (Lv 5's)
    l3m0n5 (Lv5's)

Centres

Back Three

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Been a while since I have paid attention to the cycles of when to promote. Season 24 U20's are those promoted next season yes?

I should be training someone (lvl 5's).

Most likely Grewer as either a backrow or lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I'll be training a centre and outhalf/scrumhalf depending on pulls. I will be taking advantage of my gutting relegation to get my team back in shape, young lads coming through and train them and play others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ill be training someone I'm sure. I have a few Academy prospects but I shed my Youth Coach 5 or 6 weeks into the season so I could well end up on the TM.

Ideally, I would train a 2nd row...but I don't have much cash and all my academy people are backrow/centres.

So I will probably end up training a centre (easier to get on TM if required too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Just wondering what the benefit of a youth player playing U20's national team is?

Unfortunately I'm going to miss this U20's cycle, but by the next one I intend to train two players for the national U20's, but in between I might train one. Is there any disadvantage to a player who doesn't play U20's / big advantage to a player if they make U20's (in terms of much more in game training and and / or experience gains or something)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Just wondering what the benefit of a youth player playing U20's national team is?

Unfortunately I'm going to miss this U20's cycle, but by the next one I intend to train two players for the national U20's, but in between I might train one. Is there any disadvantage to a player who doesn't play U20's / big advantage to a player if they make U20's (in terms of much more in game training and and / or experience gains or something)?

Advantage is that there are some experience gains but you don't really do it for that. Four years on level 10s is hardly worth a tiny boost in experience. You do it to have a real input into a a WC campaign. It's always good to see your player out there tearing it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

[Jackass] wrote: »

Gelio wrote: »
    Advantage is that there are some experience gains but you don't really do it for that. Four years on level 10s is hardly worth a tiny boost in experience. You do it to have a real input into a a WC campaign. It's always good to see your player out there tearing it up!

Additionally I do it as I am training them to that level anyway to get into my first time, so there is additional guidance on training and targets etc to keep you motivated to not take a few sessions off them!

Get them to 150k+ by the time they are 20 and they will be a quality player for your team for the next 12 seasons minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I'd like to take on a trainee...but i said i'd keep training my current U20 outhalf.

Already have 2 other trainees in progress so cant really this season...maybe in 2 seasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 wonderfulworld

daheff wrote: »
    I'd like to take on a trainee...but i said i'd keep training my current U20 outhalf.

Already have 2 other trainees in progress so cant really this season...maybe in 2 seasons?

\that should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

daheff wrote: »

I'm holding you to it too;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

I will train a prop/hooker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

My farm team will be taking on two trainees on level 5's.

Whatever position I can pick up on the TM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah it's a shame, I was aiming for this cycle, have all level 5's and a sh*t load of scouting stars, I just wont have an academy ready in time unfortunately, and I'm broke because I just took on major stadium works, so it would probably be next season before I can start looking to building academy and would be the following season before I would be ready to scout in players (so that would be the start of season 22 before I was ready to recruit ... promoted by season 23 which would presumably be too late for U20's the following year?)

What is the cycle again, recruit in odd seasons and promote in even ones?

Advertisement