Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good Chinese restaurant?

Options
  • 24-01-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

In anticipation of Chinese New Year next weekend, can someone recommend a good Chinese that will deliver to Greystones? Please & thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

I eat from the scent garden above the Burnaby all the time I love the food

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Aronaay wrote: »
    I eat from the scent garden above the Burnaby all the time I love the food

Got a take away from there last week and it wasn't that nice.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

The Orchard Garden is ok. Also Mango Tree is very good and some of it's dishes are similar to Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Love mango tree myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

CL one in charlesland. Love the guy who answers the phone there, he is so pleasant and friendly and food is fab !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Jade Royal is the nicest one I've tried in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Royal Park is my favorite, the only one I would not eat in again is CL-One in Charleland, one too many bad dishes IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Tx all!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Earlsie wrote: »
    Royal Park is my favorite, the only one I would not eat in again is CL-One in Charleland, one too many bad dishes IMO.

Which ones? I know the guys would love some feedback.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

CL One is Charlesland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Earlsie wrote: »

I've had food out of there a few times with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

LEIN wrote: »
    I've had food out of there a few times with no issues.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

The Orchard Garden is ok. Also Mango Tree is very good and some of it's dishes are similar to Chinese

like what????it's a Thai,hence the reason why there is no chichen curry etc.

there are no decent Chinese's around,mango tree is authentic Thai and it's the best takeaway by far.
    Royal park has gone downhill and the rest are not great imo.
    Choices for takeaways are Indian Spice,Mango Tree and a pizza from either Bocelli's or the Silver Citroen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 toxytag

My Favorite would be Lams by a mile. Think the royal park has gone downhill in the last year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

IMO...

Indian - Indian Spice (cant beat it)
    Chinese -CL One (none of them are "great" IMO) this one is grand
    Pizza - Citreon van

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

cocker5 wrote: »
    Indian - Indian Spice (cant beat it)

Converted a devout "Indian Spicer" to Chakra this week. So I'll politely disagree with your bracketed comment there ;)

I think frequency can sometimes change your judgements of things. I love Mango tree when it first opened, but maybe had it too much over that initial few months that I felt I noticed a decline in the quality (particularly the veg). I've never had a bad experience with CL-One, but I would probably only eat from there maybe once every 3 months or so, but it's always been good. Royal Park has always been good as well, but I may only have that once every 4 months (although admittedly now it's been a lot longer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Banta wrote: »
    Converted a devout "Indian Spicer" to Chakra this week. So I'll politely disagree with your bracketed comment there ;)
    QUOTE]

wow,u converted someone from a takeaway to one of the most renouned and i'll add expensive Indian restaurants on the east coast.

Well done you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

I thought it was a more interesting way of saying "I prefer Chakra to Indian Spice". Pulao rice with your sarcasm sir? :D

Advertisement