Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one man and his dog

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

6x800m repeats this morning
    Splits
    1; 3:11
    2; 3:13
    3; 3:15
    4; 3:23
    5; 3:20
    6; 3:22
    It was supposed to be 8x800m but, I do most of my running with my dog and he was slowing for the last 3 repeats he must be injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Sounds like he needs a recovery run.

4 miles at 9:09avg this morning,

Friday 14th
    5 miles fartlek

Sunday 16th
    16.95 miles @8:56 avg ran an out and back course turned around at 8,55 miles still ended up short for 17 miles!! Anyway nice morning for it enjoyed it, this day 6 weeks is the marathon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Finnt wrote: »
    Friday 14th
    5 miles fartlek

Sunday 16th
    16.95 miles @8:56 avg ran an out and back course turned around at 8,55 miles still ended up short for 17 miles!! Anyway nice morning for it enjoyed it, this day 6 weeks is the marathon!!
    Nice work, how is the dog? The poor devil will be looking forward to taper.:D

• Advertisement

He did the 5 miles with me Friday but still wasn't right might give him a rest week.

5 miles at 7:43 avg, was supposed to do intervals this morning but was a bit late by the time I got out,

That's a fast run

About. 6 miles at easy pace, garmin died before I was out of the house! Smashing morning for it pity they have to change the time, will be back to running in the dark then!!

8X800m intervals this morning,
    Splits:
    1; 3:14
    2; 3:07
    3; 3:16
    4; 3:15
    5; 3:14
    6; 3:15
    7; 3:24
    8; 3:09

Don't know what happened no7!! Felt strong after it, good session.
    Back to the wind and rain tho, Was just getting used to not getting soaked!

• Advertisement

Saturday 22nd march
    Had planned an 18 miler but decided to do 14 and do 20 next weekend,
    Headed out the door to find an inch of snow on the roof of the car!
    First mile or two were hard going, started settling into it only to get soaked in a sleet shower at about the 4th mile!
    Kept going away but was soaked and frozen at mile 8 I'd enough so headed home, ended up doing 9 miles at about 9:15 pace.

Was sickened with it! Was tough going it really bothered me all weekend.

Tuesday 25th

An hour easy running did about 6-7 miles had no garmin I enjoy running with out a watch from time to time!

Wednesday 26th

10 X800m intervals
    This was supposed to be 9 but I do an out and back loop so I was going to do the distance coming back anyway!!
    splits,

1; 3:07
    2; 3:12
    3; 3:12
    4; 3:26
    5; 3:25
    6; 3:23
    7; 3:14
    8; 3:22
    9; 3:17
    10; 3:25

Avg 3:18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Sounds like the weekend's weather was a lot harsher down your way than we got on the East Coast.....nice bounce back with today's session.

How is the dog getting on?

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Sounds like the weekend's weather was a lot harsher down your way than we got on the East Coast.....nice bounce back with today's session.

How is the dog getting on?

Saturday was one of the worst days I've ever ran in! The dog is flying it again thanks, not going to bring him on any of the long stuff any more. I think he's more of a sprinter than a marathoner!!

5.5 miles easy @ 9:01 avg,
    Legs felt heavy, was a great morning for it. Took it nice and handy rest tomorrow then 20 miler the week end. Hopefully it'll go better than last weeks lsr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

5.5 miles easy @ 9:01 avg,
    Legs felt heavy, was a great morning for it. Took it nice and handy rest tomorrow then 20 miler the week end. Hopefully it'll go better than last weeks lsr!

Best of luck with the long run. How are you planning to approach it?

Beef wrote: »
    Best of luck with the long run. How are you planning to approach it?

I know from my other long runs I always run the first few miles too hard, so I plan to do the first 5 or so at 9:15min/mile or so then see how we go from there I'm going to carry a few gels too, I'll take one every 5 miles,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

What's your planned marathon pace? You could slow that down even further I reckon. This is the best piece of advice I've received on here. It took me a long while to take it on board but it makes a huge difference.

Beef wrote: »
    What's your planned marathon pace? You could slow that down even further I reckon. This is the best piece of advice I've received on here. It took me a long while to take it on board but it makes a huge difference.

I've been guilty of this too, goal mp is 8:30-8:35min/mile

20.5 miles at 8:55 avg
    Lovely day for it not too cool no breeze, perfect !
    Probably not as slow as it should be, wasn't paying that much attention to the watch felt I was going easier,
    All the same great to have the first 20 miler done and a relief after last weekends disaster

20.5 miles at 8:55 avg
    Lovely day for it not too cool no breeze, perfect !
    Probably not as slow as it should be, wasn't paying that much attention to the watch felt I was going easier,
    All the same great to have the first 20 miler done and a relief after last weekends disaster

Good man, well done. How are the legs?

• Advertisement

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Good man, well done. How are the legs?

Grand actually I thought I'd be alot worse, very happy with the way it went.

Another in 3'30 shape.

Good work Finn.

Another in 3'30 shape.

Good work Finn.

Not sure about the 3'30!

Wednesday 2 March.
    10X800m repeats,
    Splits:
    1; 3:15
    3; 3:00
    4; 3:12
    5; 3:17
    6; 3:25
    7; 3:22
    8; 3:28
    9; 3:23
    10; 3:37

Coming back on the last on the wind blew up and my legs turned to concrete!
    I think no3 was my garmin been generous, good session legs are tired now,

3'30 shape!

Wednesday 2 March.
    10X800m repeats,
    Splits:
    1; 3:15
    3; 3:00
    4; 3:12
    5; 3:17
    6; 3:25
    7; 3:22
    8; 3:28
    9; 3:23
    10; 3:37

Coming back on the last on the wind blew up and my legs turned to concrete!
    I think no3 was my garmin been generous, good session legs are tired now,
    Your going well, 4 weeks left is it?

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Your going well, 4 weeks left is it?

Ya 4 weeks from Sunday! Won't feel it now, have you officially declared for Dublin yet? ;-)

Ya 4 weeks from Sunday! Won't feel it now, have you officially declared for Dublin yet? ;-)
    No! Time enough the last day of Sept:P I have 6 weeks until the HM, I want to do a 10km in the next couple of weeks and then I will see where I'm at. Have you one more 20 miler to do?

I do! Sunday week, I plan to do 14m this weekend, have a touch of the man flu at the mo. Didn't run this morning minding myself, can't be too careful with manflu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

I do! Sunday week, I plan to do 14m this weekend, have a touch of the man flu at the mo. Didn't run this morning minding myself, can't be too careful with manflu!

Mind yourself that manflu can be a killer if left untreated...never underestimate it. Also make sure the dog wears his face mask when around you as you don't want to spread it throughout the entire training camp;)

Advertisement