Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So.... What bike next??

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hmmm yeah, ok you've given me something to think about. I do like sports tourers, but I've never found a perfect one really. I nearly bought a VFR800 before the 749, I thought it would be perfect for me but drove one and didn't like it. I was used to a twin and was not mad on the vtec. I had not considered the blackbird although I remember them to be a very large and heavy bike - what would it be like on a commute and in the twistys? Any other sports tourers to consider?

Will deffo look for a Daytona 675, not many around though. There is this which is lovely but pricy. There seems to be lots of options around the 6-7k mark, and I'd rather not spend that if I can avoid it. For that money I'd probably prefer a newer blade really (a better value one than the one previously linked). There is this 04 HRC blade which I would get for under 4k I think, a lot of bang for buck I reckon.

Sorry for being an indecisive fussy pr1ck, I'll get there in the end! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar wrote: »
    Hmmm yeah, ok you've given me something to think about. I do like sports tourers, but I've never found a perfect one really. I nearly bought a VFR800 before the 749, I thought it would be perfect for me but drove one and didn't like it. I was used to a twin and was not mad on the vtec. I had not considered the blackbird although I remember them to be a very large and heavy bike - what would it be like on a commute and in the twistys? Any other sports tourers to consider?

Will deffo look for a Daytona 675, not many around though. There is this which is lovely but pricy. There seems to be lots of options around the 6-7k mark, and I'd rather not spend that if I can avoid it. For that money I'd probably prefer a newer blade really (a better value one than the one previously linked). There is this 04 HRC blade which I would get for under 4k I think, a lot of bang for buck I reckon.

Sorry for being an indecisive fussy pr1ck, I'll get there in the end! ;)

Best thing you can do is take a spin up to Phillip McCallens Zascar, he has so many high spec bikes up there its great. And full license will get you a spin on anything. I was up there last year got a spin on a Tiger 1050 and it was lovely.....gonna take another spin on a 675R. I have no probs taking a spin up there with you if you have another bike m8.

BTW, you are not being fussy. You are doing the right thing checking every avenue its a big purchase and you wanna get it right.

Advertisement