Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5s using up cellular data instead of available wifi?

• 25-01-2014 3:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi i have Wifi on my phone 24/7 at home but checked a few mins ago and a fair bit of my monthly allowed data is used , how is this :)

thanks

dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Do you only use data at home and are there areas of you house where the wifi doesn't reach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

pogsick wrote: »
    Do you only use data at home and are there areas of you house where the wifi doesn't reach?

No im constantly in my sitting room where the Wifi box is :/ its weird i heard some of the apps use 3g like location data

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

WiFi isn’t consistent and will sleep when the phone is in standby to save battery. The phone remains connected to the internet during this time via 3G, so any push notifications etc will use a small amount of data. If you don’t want it doing this you’ll have to disable cellular data.

How much data was used?

Advertisement