Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directorship: Public knowledge?

Options
  • 25-01-2014 5:07am

Quick question guys,

I did a search on a name from the past & one of the first results was a "business intelligence" site listing a number of directorships in (person)'s name. Person's age was listed, so I'm confident it was him.

1. Is the directorship of a company public knowledge? And if so, where is this information kept?

2. How is the person's age involved? Is it legal to list someone's age in relation to this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Do a search on http://www.solocheck.ie/ - box on the right hand side.

It will give you the directors name if you search a company, if you search the name it will give you the directorships they have and an age range.

Axwell wrote: »
    Do a search on http://www.solocheck.ie/ - box on the right hand side.

It will give you the directors name if you search a company, if you search the name it will give you the directorships they have and an age range.

That's grand, but I'm wondering where do these folks get their information from? For some reason the guy I'm looking up didn't do social media (fair enough, wants to keep private), so one of the 1st results was this directorship listing. I'm wondering where on the public domain does the information reside? Is it company register? Filed accounts of a PLC? What?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,429 ✭✭✭✭Victor

www.cro.ie/search

You willl need to pay small fee to get detailed information.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

When someone is appointed as a director of a company a Form B10 is filed with the Company Registrations Office.

This form contains the name, residential address and date of birth of the director.

It is a matter of public record and can be accessed by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

You must be over 18 years old to be a company director thus age is also important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

The simplest way to identify people of similar name is by date of birth.

Advertisement