Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANOTHER Tesco in the city centre?!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I get salad stuff (spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers) in Lidl on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with it all. Their oranges are great too (especially the clementines).
    I avoid fish in Lidl though but then again I only buy that fresh once a week in a proper fishmongers - I'm very choosy about my fresh cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

cat_dog wrote: »
    I've noticed their fruit and veg go off really fast. And almost evertime I bought a packet of fruit they were usually substandard (very brused and even rotting! -yuck). And the blueberries are very hit and miss. Sometimes there bitter and you'll almost always find at least one moldy one. Quality control is obviously not their priority. Thats why I stopped shopping there.

Quality of product has very little to do with how a shop presents itself to the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

EyeSight wrote: »
    I don't see how. If i had to do my shopping in the local spar or corner shop i'd be paying more. With the money i save i can afford a few more pints in my local or could afford to eat out more

Tesco are consistently dearer for fruit and veg for starters, everywhere, and are generally quite a dear store. They also adversely affect every other retailer - including the pub due to below cost selling - with the wide coverage of other items they sell.

A Tesco opening never has a positive impact on total employment in a town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I want an aldi or lidl in cabra. I'm surrounded by 3 tesco win walking distance an have to drive to glasnevin and finglas for the former.

What happened equal rights :D

Advertisement