Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting minor work done- what should I look for quote-wise?

Options
  • 25-01-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Kitchen is being re-done but nothing major on the electrics front: moving 3 sockets down to accommodate new presses, spot lights under presses & wire an electric oven. Fuse board is in the kitchen

Living in Southside Dublin. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Any thoughts?

Yes:

1) Get a few electrical contractors in to give quotes. Ensure that they are all quoting for exactly the same work. Select the type os sockets, lights etc so that all electrical contractors are quoting for the same.
    Provide them with drawings of the new kitchen layout so that they can install the sockets etc. to suit.

2) Insist on being issued a completion certificate.

3) Mark out the new units on the walls and socket/light positions to ensure they are installed int eh correct positions. You only get one shot at this!
    Note: Under counter appliance require accessible isolation if the sockets feeding hem are not accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Thanks 2011-much appreciated

Any sparks using this forum? It's moving 3 sockets down about a foot so the wall will have to be chased- I know people would need to see it to make an accurate quote- but what roughly could I expect price-wise?

Advertisement