Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get Dole and do freelance work?

Options
  • 25-01-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

I am on the back to work enterprise, am over year one and am down 25%!
    Things are extremely quiet, nothing yet this year!
    With a wife and 2 kids, I am stressing all day every day, going to sleep and waking up thinking about it all!

I am debating giving up and signing back on.
    If I was to do so,
    is there anyway that I can still take on some self employed work if it comes up and to do it all above board?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You can sign back on for jsa and your means will be assessed from any self-employment and you will be able to continue to take on work as this will be factored into your means. Your means will be reviewed on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭thecelt

so u wud basically just tell them everytime u were lodging a cheque?

No what would happen is that you apply to go back on jsa and you should still be paid btwea until such time as your means are assessed. You will have to meet with a sw inspector and they will have to assess your earnings for 2013 and projected earnings for 2014 an this will be assessed against your claim.... it will be then up to sw inspector to recommend a 6 month or 1 year review of your means... you jsa claim when awarded will have a semp category applied to it and you will not need to let sw know every time you get work or lodge a cheque as that will be factored into your means. You will need to keep up to date accounts for future reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

You can sign back on while you are on the back to work allowance. You wont be classed as self employed. If you complete the back to work allowance and not sign, then you will be classed as self employed.

musicman this is incorrect... the op is self employed and they will be classified as self employed and means tested accordingly. If you are on BTWEA you are self employed and any one coming off btwea and applying for jsa is classified as self employed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement