Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Garo G26 enclosure

Options
  • 25-01-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I need access to the wiring inside a Garo G26 in order to attach a CT (current transformer) to meter my household electricity. It looks like the whole enclosure would detach from the mounting bracket but i would like to confirm this from someone who knows what they are talking about. Any pictures or manuals would also help if they can be provided? Do i need any tool/key in order to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

Loosen 4 plastic screws, turn off main switch and remove cover. It pulls straight off. Do not put your fingers into the mcb slots to remove cover. Pull cover from the sides.
    Careful when fitting the ct as cable entering bottom of main switch is still live!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You may not have space for your CT within the enclosure.
    Perhaps it would be more practical to install it elsewhere on the same cable?

Advertisement