Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin for work

Options
  • 25-01-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm moving up to Dublin in the next few weeks, the job is located in D16 and I was just wondering what area's are good to live in and what ones should be avoided?

Just me moving on my own no family etc if that would make a difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Arawn wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm moving up to Dublin in the next few weeks, the job is located in D16 and I was just wondering what area's are good to live in and what ones should be avoided?

Just me moving on my own no family etc if that would make a difference

People from Dublin don't use numbers, where in Dublin 16 will you be working ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I'll be working near Tribadden. All I know it's about 15-20 mins from dundrum and a couple of minutes from Johnny Foxes pub?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Will you be driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

don't have a car atm should have a new one in a month or so

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Right so. Have a look at Rockview/Ticknock on Blackglen Road. Nice apartments there with a bus service. Kingston and Ballintyre in Ballinteer, Aiken's Village and Belarmine heading up to Stepaside. If you want to be a bit closer to things, have a look around Dundrum, Wickham Point, the apartments at Ballaly luas stop. The apartments in Sandyford Industrial Estate, would be pretty dead at night but you're right at the Luas. To be honest, the vast majority of the areas around there are grand, but I would personally avoid Kilcross and Moreen in Sandyford. The apartments at Rockview back on to Kilcross and I've had friends living in the apartments who had a few problems with kids from Kilcross kicking balls off cars and windows, nothing major, just something to bear in mind.

Are you going to working up the actual mountain or just in the general vicinity? Have you checked out about transport while you're waiting to get the car, cos it can get pretty remote up that way.

You'd be better really to have a look on daft and pick some places and ask about specific areas cos you know best what you need in terms of proximity/transport links etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Also bear in mind that rental prices in South Dublin are rapidly increasing again so that may influence your decision as well

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

if you dont drive, get a place near work, johnny foxs is in the mountains

Advertisement