Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Safes

Options
  • 25-01-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Looking to upgrade my gun safe,It holds 1 scope rifle only just about without a bipod.Want a wide safe and deep enough to fit a 4 guns with scopes nd bipods.It will need to be around 200.Brattonsound do nice safes bit pricy a second hand one would be more in my price range.Any dealers than have a safe for the money im lookig n for.Located in Kilkenny/Laois Area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

1shot16 wrote: »
    Looking to upgrade my gun safe,It holds 1 scope rifle only just about without a bipod.Want a wide safe and deep enough to fit a 4 guns with scopes nd bipods.It will need to be around 200.Brattonsound do nice safes bit pricy a second hand one would be more in my price range.Any dealers than have a safe for the money im lookig n for.Located in Kilkenny/Laois Area

http://www.thegunstore.ie/eu/accessories/safes/buffalo-river-4-gun-safe.html
    €200 killkenny goresbridge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Measurements are only a small bit bigger than my infac safe thats for the reply,Thinking on getting the Warmflow 4 gun safe its very deep and much wider than the bufallo river and for 195.00 and 205.00 for delivery!

http://lakelandsportssupplies.ie/clay-shooting/Gun-Cabinets---Safes-123/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Thing to remember when buying a safe is that a '5 gun safe' is generally able to hold 5 shotguns..not 5 rifles. For 4 rifles with scopes etc. you'll need a deep one that's quoted at about 8 guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

I know too well.Ive a 3 gun infac barely fits the .22!

Theres another thread about warmflows on here.One person sed it held 2 scope rifles and a shotgun and there was room for another scope rifle they are very deep 330 deep .Might get a 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mac10guns

Have a look at Allsafes.ie .... Have a good range and free delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Blay wrote: »
    ........... you'll need a deep one.............

Plus 1 on this, when looking for scoped rifle storage IMO depth is better than width.

Just stating the obvious, but stand your rifle against the wall with your trigger guard facing out at such an angle that it will free stand. Measure the distance from wall to heal, you'll be surprised how far out it stands to clear the scope.
    The last thing you want is trying to stand you rifle upright in the safe and having it fall out every time you open it. An easy fix is to put bracket in the safe to hold the rifles in a more vertical position an hence shorten the angle of tilt.

Advertisement