Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M.A. in Film and Television Studies

• 25-01-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi there,

I'm currently doing my Undergrad. Media Studies Degree in N.U.I. Maynooth. I'm considering applying for a Master's Degree for when I finish my Undergrad. Degree. The M.A. in Film and Television Studies in D.C.U. looks very good. I'm just wondering if there is anyone currently on this course or anyone who has completed this course recently who would be willing to tell me more about it? I would like a career as a scriptwriter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 BoyceLeaving15

emerald27 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm currently doing my Undergrad. Media Studies Degree in N.U.I. Maynooth. I'm considering applying for a Master's Degree for when I finish my Undergrad. Degree. The M.A. in Film and Television Studies in D.C.U. looks very good. I'm just wondering if there is anyone currently on this course or anyone who has completed this course recently who would be willing to tell me more about it? I would like a career as a scriptwriter.

I was thinking of doing the media studies course in Maynooth - is there any chance you could message me the details of the course? What modules and is it fun/interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 emerald27

Hi BoyceLeaving15, Media in Maynooth is really good. In 1st Year, you can do 2 Arts' Subjects with it so it keeps your options open. In Media you have a mix of Theory and Practical modules. In Theory you do essays and research on broad topics. You can pick a film, TV programme, media ownership, anything Media-related really! The practical side is a mix of TV and radio. In 1st Year we did individual and group interviews and vox pops and we made a documentary for TV production. At the end of 1st Year you have to choose to do either Single Honours (60 Media Credits) Major/Minor (40 Media Credits and 20 Credits in your chosen Arts' subject) or Double Honours (30 credits Media and 30 in your other subject). You can find more details about the modules in the nuim course finder. Medis Studies code is MH109. You can also go onto the Kairos studios website as that's where we do our editing and get our equipment. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 BoyceLeaving15

emerald27 wrote: »
    Hi BoyceLeaving15, Media in Maynooth is really good. In 1st Year, you can do 2 Arts' Subjects with it so it keeps your options open. In Media you have a mix of Theory and Practical modules. In Theory you do essays and research on broad topics. You can pick a film, TV programme, media ownership, anything Media-related really! The practical side is a mix of TV and radio. In 1st Year we did individual and group interviews and vox pops and we made a documentary for TV production. At the end of 1st Year you have to choose to do either Single Honours (60 Media Credits) Major/Minor (40 Media Credits and 20 Credits in your chosen Arts' subject) or Double Honours (30 credits Media and 30 in your other subject). You can find more details about the modules in the nuim course finder. Medis Studies code is MH109. You can also go onto the Kairos studios website as that's where we do our editing and get our equipment. Hope this helps!

Great! Thank you!

Advertisement