Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 4th round Thread

• 25-01-2014 4:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭

Uhhhhm, City are currently losing 0-2 at the Etihad against Watford.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You better not have ****ing jinxed it.

Not even a radio stream of the game available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

City 2 down...... My word!

Pressure on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I backed over 1.5 goals in the first half but wasn't expecting Watford to help me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland's game is on Fox Sports. Jozy Altidore is good for something I guess!

1-0 up against Kidderminster, Mavrias with the goal. Similar to the first choice team though we've had all the ball but lack a threat up front. Kidderminster will be happy enough so far. Gash (:pac:) had an effort really well saved by new goalkeeper Ustari.

HT now at the Etihad. 45 more minutes to go. Judging by the stats, Watford have more than held their own and could have been 3 up at the end but Pudil hit the side netting. Could really kick start a promotion push with a win here, fantastic so far but you still have to fancy City tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I have to say I would be absolutely delighted and spend the rest of the weekend laughing if city get knocked out at home to Watford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I have to say I would be absolutely delighted and spend the rest of the weekend laughing if city get knocked out at home to Watford!

It would probably pip Utd getting k/o'd at home in the 3rd alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It would probably pip Utd getting k/o'd at home in the 3rd alright.
    In an all too common brain fart, I checked the fixtures last night to see when Utd were playing. :(

Aguero makes it 1-2. It was fun while it lasted. We'll lose 4-2/5-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Handy win for Arsenal last night too :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, can't see anything other than a City win now.

City are still 7/4 to win. 8/11 DNB. Such a temptation to stick a big amount on the DNB at 8/11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Swansea have scored 2 in the space of 2 mins . They are beating Birmingham 2 - 1 .

2-2 at the Etihad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ya gotta love that man Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Come on Southend , few minutes left!

**** off. 3-2 City :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

And release :o

Presume the match will be on a highlights program somewhere?

Highlights tonight on ITV @ 22:45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ITV will kill your will to live at 10.45pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

And release :o

Presume the match will be on a highlights program somewhere?

UTV at 10:45 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thanks gents. Sounds like I'll need a stiff drink, Watford just had ANOTHER chance. Think a few of our lads must have thought they'd just have to turn up. Always hate that.

Stuff of champions as they say.

4-2 HT Aguero

Sunderland 1-0 Kidderminster.

Every bit as poor a performance as it looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Oldham winning 5-4 after being 3-0 down at HT

colly_06 wrote: »
    Oldham winning 5-4 after being 3-0 down at HT

Read thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

My bad, thought it was a cup tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Wigan have beaten crystal palace 2 - 1 . Maclean scored the second for Wigan .

Everton 1 up after 5 minutes. Very strange hearing Andy Gray on TV again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Never mind Mata... Andy Gray replacing Michael Owen on BT Sport has to be the best signing of the January transfer window !

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Oviedo broken leg by the looks of it

That is not a nice injury to Brian Oviedo, I doubt he'll play again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

That is not a nice injury to Brian Oviedo, I doubt he'll play again this season.

Probably out of the World Cup as well. Poor fella.

Lumbo wrote: »
    Probably out of the World Cup as well. Poor fella.

I think you can remove the probably from your post. Looked very bad, the reaction on his face said it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andy replacing Michael and Joey Barton coming across very well pre match I have to say BT are starting to up there game.

Also fair play to BT for not replaying and replaying that injury because it looked very bad. I'm glad they didn't go with the shock tv replays.

• Advertisement

2-0 Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Andy Gray seems very subdued. Delighted he is back, can't stand the likes of Owen, Quinn, Townsend commentating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oviedo has suffered a clean leg break to the fibula and tibia.

nasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

On a general note only, as someone who has lamented the fall of a once truly great competition, I have long since passed the stage where an FA Cup week-end is one simply to get over before I can look forward to the league again. However I think my levels of disinterest reached new depths over the past weekend, with probably only the City - Watford game creating any sort of a stir, however momentary.

Having grown up through the late sixties and seventies, the FA Cup is now but a pale shadow of its former self. Tis a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

On a general note only, as someone who has lamented the fall of a once truly great competition, I have long since passed the stage where an FA Cup week-end is one simply to get over before I can look forward to the league again. However I think my levels of disinterest reached new depths over the past weekend, with probably only the City - Watford game creating any sort of a stir, however momentary.

Having grown up through the late sixties and seventies, the FA Cup is now but a pale shadow of its former self. Tis a pity.

The lack of a thread about the 5th round draw, which pits Chelsea v City and Arsenal v Liverpool, kind of sums it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I don't know if that's fair. Roots Hall sold out on Saturday and there was a real big match feel to it which only happens in the Cup.

For neutrals the cup has lost a bit of spark because of the saturation of football on TV nowadays compared to before. The Final isn't the major event it was because of the sheer number of matches which get hyped up as being massively important. But if you're in it then it still means a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fulham Sheff U on ITv4 tonight.

Great win for The Blades - 119th minute! Shocking game overall though,

mike65 wrote: »
    Great win for The Blades - 119th minute! Shocking game overall though,

Won't be long before Curbishley is in charge the way Fulham are going under Meulensteen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Paully D wrote: »
    Won't be long before Curbishley is in charge the way Fulham are going under Meulensteen.

Absolutely! I've never understood the point of "technical directors" in football. At least in rugby they actually do something. In football, it would appear they are merely there, at best, to keep the manager on his toes, and at worst, to undermine him. Meulensteen inherited this mess though, so i wouldn't blame him all that much.

That was one dour game. 2 hours of my life i'll never get back. Fulham were awful, really really bad. Sheff Utd fully deserved the win. I was hoping for a Cottagers win as i'd really have fancied Forest to beat them in Round 5 if we get past Preston tomorrow night.

Preston v Forest from Deepdale in the last 4th round replay, live now on BT Sports 1.

Jamie Makie has made it 1-0 to Forest with a curling shot into the top corner from 18 yards out.

Nottingham Forest 2-0 in extra time, so they will play Sheffield Utd.

mike65 wrote: »
    Nottingham Forest 2-0 in extra time, so they will play Sheffield Utd.

2-0 in added time. Our goal lived a charmed life in the second half, defended really well but scoreline flattered us.

Advertisement