Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trust fund for child

Options
  • 25-01-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I've searched on boards but haven't found an answer to this question.
    I'd like to put a lump sum into some for of investment account for a child.
    The money will remain in the account for about 12 years, at which point it will become accessible by the child.
    I'd like the account to have some form of protection to prevent the money being accessed before the account's maturity date, such as a dual signatory account.

What are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Have a read on this:
    Zurch Child Savings Plus

Maybe that'll suit your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jathclare

I set up a saving's account for the sole benefit of my Son under this offering last week. It was remarkably simple to arrange.

One thing though, this plan is set up to optimise tax for the child, as there is a certain amount you can gift each year which does not decrease the amount that can be gifted as once off. A lump sum of over €3,300 is a different matter.

As in all things, if the sum is substantial seek professional tax and investment advice.

Advertisement