Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thomand park concerts 2014

Options
  • 25-01-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Okay everyone I know for a fact that 2 concerts have been confirmed for thomond park this year ,I know someone that worked in limerick council and one of the people they know said this but can't say anything about when or who it is for obvious reasons, It's all part of the city of culture so it could be anyone.
    Dreaming out loud pearl jam or Metallica both have tours in Europe with no irish date although both seem unlikely as they have said no more dates will be added.
    So basically I'm just throwing it out there in the hope someone might have an idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Pearl jam or Metallica would be amazing ..!! Hope it happens :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wouldnt hold me breath proper non festival outdoor rock gigs just havent been happening in southern Ireland for about the last four years or so where since theres only been Bon Jovi,RHCP,Neil Young w/CH,Kasabian and The Stone Roses. A guess would be its an excuse for a rock act along the lines of Coldplay,Kings of Leon,The Script or the Killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Gareth Brukes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

1D?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A guess would be its an excuse for a rock act along the lines of Coldplay,Kings of Leon,The Script or the Killers.
    Yep, someone along those lines, plus a straight up pop act would be the most likely i'd say.

Zero chance Pearl Jam could sell enough for Thomand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Whoever it is they would have to be either hot Right now or a decent full day line up as it's late January and tickets would have to pass the 18,000 mark to make it worth while for mcd or aiken

Not a hope ,thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

David Gilmour, Rush, Aphex Twin and the Boards of Canada.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

David Gilmour, Rush, Aphex Twin and the Boards of Canada.

None of them could fill thomond, not even the great gilmour not unless it was a full pink Floyd show, and gilmour has said he is done touring the wall

Latest I'm hearing is expected announcement early February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yep, someone along those lines, plus a straight up pop act would be the most likely i'd say.

Zero chance Pearl Jam could sell enough for Thomand.

Pearl Jam can sell 14,000 tickets in Dublin in less than 5 minutes, they could do a show like that. But it wouldn't be them.
    colmufc wrote: »
    None of them could fill thomond, not even the great gilmour not unless it was a full pink Floyd show, and gilmour has said he is done touring the wall

Gilmour touring the wall would be great to see. I think you mean Waters?

Mushy wrote: »
    Pearl Jam can sell 14,000 tickets in Dublin in less than 5 minutes, they could do a show like that. But it wouldn't be them.

Gilmour touring the wall would be great to see. I think you mean Waters?

Ya that's what I meant, on pearl jam they would be a massive seller but it would probably lose the something special ,I can dream thou pearl jam 20 mins from my door would be sweet

Ya that's what I meant, on pearl jam they would be a massive seller but it would probably lose the something special ,I can dream thou pearl jam 20 mins from my door would be sweet

I read somewhere, prob on here, that Coldplay and Rihanna are announcing gigs for Limerick. So if PJ lose the something special, these things will bring a whole new meaning to losing something special!

Mushy wrote: »
    I read somewhere, prob on here, that Coldplay and Rihanna are announcing gigs for Limerick. So if PJ lose the something special, these things will bring a whole new meaning to losing something special!

Interesting well they usually put on at least 1 pop show for ever two 'rock' shows but neither have new albums recoded or planned but when has that ever stopped people making money off concerts , disappointed if it's rihanna especially with the knacker elements that would be hanging around trying to rob kids for there tickets

Being the City of Culture, they'll make it more commercial, so I'd fully expect acts along those lines to play it. Make a big festival atmosphere in the city sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

Will most likely be an Aiken Act as all the recent gigs there have been promoted by them, so more than likely they have the licence to put gigs on there

I,m gonna say Garth Brooks is most likely, with Croker going on sale tomorrow and it's expected sell out and the outrage from people who won't be able to get tickets, holding Thomond back is a good idea

Would not rule out Bruce as well as i'm sure he will announce more tour dates in the next few weeks so maybe him

Also Beyonce or maybe even Pink as well

Gaelic grounds looks ro also have a concert on this year , the strong money is on George Michael belive it or not , we're see soon I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya the Limerick GAA will be announcing a gig for the Gaelic Grounds at their February meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Gaelic grounds looks ro also have a concert on this year , the strong money is on George Michael belive it or not , we're see soon I guess

Holy macaroni - 'gorgeous George' - that'd be a surreal occurrence!!:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Wasn't this supposed to happen last year too?

• Advertisement

Wasn't this supposed to happen last year too?

Expect news in 2 weeks time is the latest I heard

Advertisement