Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

top of the table :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wahheyy 1st and last post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jonny666 wrote: »
    top of the table :pac:

And a lot of talk of a big signing :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I'm just posting gifs so it's annoying every time you accidentally click onto the first page!

296kim9.jpg

20ze908.gif

rclh6h.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well we did get Ozil right at the start of the last thread :D good omen maybe

• Advertisement

Well we did get Ozil right at the start of the last thread :D good omen maybe

If it happens again I vote we spam the fcuk out of the thread so we need another one before the end of the month :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

So disappointed that Watford fell apart at City.

Would have really been a huge confidence boost to our trophy hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

cathalio11 wrote: »

Please keep negativity for page 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Nah. We can win this year on our own merits rather than hoping for a city to get knocked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

So lets all start getting excited about Draxler now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

HazDanz wrote: »
    Nah. We can win this year on our own merits rather than hoping for a city to get knocked out.

Of course we can.

And if I were to believe that we couldn't, I'd have said that. But I only stated that it would have been a boost if City were knocked out and there's no denying the truth in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm not buying into all this draxler hype.

Draxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler DraxlerDraxler Draxler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Of course we can.

And if I were to believe that we couldn't, I'd have said that. But I only stated that it would have been a boost if City were knocked out and there's no denying the truth in that.

More games for them might be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Wenger, OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Panthro wrote: »
    Wenger, OUT!

why would a chelsea fan want wenger out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

bad2dabone wrote: »
    why would a chelsea fan want wenger out? :)

Probably because they dont keep a manager long enough to shout it themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Lads... Draxler is out until March. Not a chance. No smoke without fire though, I think it will happen in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Lads... Draxler is out until March. Not a chance. No smoke without fire though, I think it will happen in the summer.

If we can get him now we should. Unless it's a bad injury there is no benefit at all to waiting.

ronjo wrote: »
    If we can get him now we should. Unless it's a bad injury there is no benefit at all to waiting.

Never sign an injured player. Especially if you're paying $$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Never sign an injured player. Especially if you're paying $$$

And guess what happens if we don't take him now...

He plays great in the WC and attracts the interest of other clubs which in turn drives his price higher.
    Then if we do have our bid accepted we have to contend we other teams with unlimited wage budgets.

I've yet to hear 1 decent argument for not signing him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Lads City have been leaking goals all season. If we can keep Kos and mert fit I really reckon we can beat them well at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Where are you getting that he's out til March? I thought that was rubbished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Back training in 2 weeks.

March was the original rumour. Everything now suggests early February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

When is Ramsey due back? That'll be a great boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

When is Ramsey due back? That'll be a great boost.

Think I saw that he could make the bench Tuesday, alongside Arteta.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    And guess what happens if we don't take him now...

He plays great in the WC and attracts the interest of other clubs which in turn drives his price higher.
    Then if we do have our bid accepted we have to contend we other teams with unlimited wage budgets.

I've yet to hear 1 decent argument for not signing him now.

What I was thinking about moreso was an early agreement similar to the Podolski deal. If not then yes the World Cup could sting us in the backside

• Advertisement

Back training in 2 weeks.

Well if that's correct he'll have been out for 8 weeks and will be under 3 weeks to March so will be then by the time hes back up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Supposedly Mandzukic was left out of the Bayern squad despite not being injured. Guardiola is unhappy with his performances in training.

He'd be a great option in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I wonder if all our players really had night injuries it did wenger just play the squad brilliantly

We're heading into a crazy two months with everyone fit and most after having a little rest too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Hi lads me and my brother are flying over to Stanstead from knock to see arsenal vs man city in march could anyone suggest a nice hotel to stay in close to the emirates?

is it easy to travel from stanstead to emirates?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Hi lads me and my brother are flying over to Stanstead from knock to see arsenal vs man city in march could anyone suggest a nice hotel to stay in close to the emirates?

is it easy to travel from stanstead to emirates?

Thanks
    Jury's hotel, the hilton or the premier inn all in angel are the best closest hotels to the emirates and the price will vary so depends on your budget but all fine. Avoid the "hotels" near finsbury park as most of these are social welfare housing DSS hostels and lots have drug problems etc.

Standsted fine. Take Standsted express to Tottenham hale and then jump on Victoria line tube and it's only a few stops to highbury and islington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Pudders wrote: »
    Jury's hotel, the hilton or the premier inn all in angel are the best closest hotels to the emirates and the price will vary so depends on your budget but all fine. Avoid the "hotels" near finsbury park as most of these are social welfare housing DSS hostels and lots have drug problems etc.

Standsted fine. Take Standsted express to Tottenham hale and then jump on Victoria line tube and it's only a few stops to highbury and islington.

Thanks very much appreciated

• Advertisement

Count draxula - really hope we get the man now.

Confirmed. No chance of Draxler this month https://twitter.com/CrazyGoose/status/426295993408421888/photo/1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That Jan guy also has this on his twitter now:

Wenger in WeltAmSonntag about Draxler: - To be honest, I am not saying it won't happen. Quote from Friday. #AFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Thought you all left me on my own on the other thread.
    No posts since 4.26 p.m. yesterday so I had to go looking for yis.
    Why was their no notice of a new thread on the old one?

Thought you all left me on my own on the other thread.
    No posts since 4.26 p.m. yesterday so I had to go looking for yis.
    Why was their no notice of a new thread on the old one?

It's to keep you on your toes Tayto in your old age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

greendom wrote: »

There a hint of Jimmy Saville with this story. Its just wont go away.

Gervinho with a brilliant goal for Roma. Such a shame it didn't work out for him at Arsenal.

http://i.minus.com/iLjx1Fyz63Os9.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I can't see Wenger paying anything close to Draxler 40 million buy out clause when mata went for similar money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I can't see Wenger paying anything close to Draxler 40 million buy out clause when mata went for similar money.

If he does, Draxler must really be truly extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If wenger will spend that money on a 21 year old I'm expecting him to be world class

If wenger will spend that money on a 21 year old I'm expecting him to be world class

I think also Draxler must offer something different to the rest of our midfield at present. Feels like the price of the signing may signify that he could give us more dimension to our play so there's a willingness to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Just home from London - interesting night at the Emirates with the four goals, Coventry protests and someone turning off the lights :D

Draxler looks an immense talent and Germans generally tend to adapt well to the Premier league. I think he will be a success if he comes to Arsenal.

On Moronho, he goes off on a rant about our so called favourable fixture list. We have Liverpool and Man United back to back in February and Spurs, Chelsea and City in a row in March with Bayern Munich home and away sandwiched between those fixtures. Favourable fixtures my arse. A bitter bitter man with no class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mourinho is a wind up merchant.

But to be honest if we wasn't as successful as he was/is at Chelsea he wouldn't wind me up as much.

Mourinho is a wind up merchant.

But to be honest if we wasn't as successful as he was/is at Chelsea he wouldn't wind me up as much.

In other words he'd be Alan Pardew or AVB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement