Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Santi signing a new deal.

We will get the win at the Stamford bridge, really confident about that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Exactly it's easier and more popular to criticize the player who cost big money than the players who haven't got a spotlight shone on them by the media and fans. We have been far to flat recently everytime we attack and one player seems to be taking the brunt of it.

I've said it before but with Ramsey and Walcott playing I think there would be far less criticism of Ozil they give him the options he needs.

To be fair there's more than 1 player in the team receiving more than his fair share of flack at the moment. I think Giroud gets far worse treatment than Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

greendom wrote: »
    To be fair there's more than 1 player in the team receiving more than his fair share of flack at the moment. I think Giroud gets far worse treatment than Ozil.

True but I think without Ramsey and Walcott Giroud becomes the focal point of the attack the player who everyone looks to and it kind of shows up why we need another option or a world class CF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

True but I think without Ramsey and Walcott Giroud becomes the focal point of the attack the player who everyone looks to and it kind of shows up why we need another option or a world class CF.

The more I think about it, we're not getting a world class CF

Our pace in behind and the majority of our goals is gonna come from the wings

The more I think about it, we're not getting a world class CF

Our pace in behind and the majority of our goals is gonna come from the wings

Hopefully so all signals point that way in terms of the players we seem to be targeting according to the media, which will be fine once we have the options to do it with or without injuries at the moment we have to many similar players all trying to to do the same thing which is why I think Podolski needs to play more he our most direct player and offers us something different.

Think Gnabry and Ox can give us different options but Gnabry is not quite there yet and Ox is showing good signs of it lately.

• Advertisement

The team misses both those lads so much. Hopefully won't have too much longer to wait for Ramsey's return and that he picks up where he left off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Not that much worse, big fan of Giroud but other than the game at the weekend he hasn't been much good at all in a month or more. Hoping he comes back into form, really like him and would be more interested in buying a couple of speedy wingers than I would be replacing Giroud.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Not that much worse, big fan of Giroud but other than the game at the weekend he hasn't been much good at all in a month or more. Hoping he comes back into form, really like him and would be more interested in buying a couple of speedy wingers than I would be replacing Giroud.

True but just like Ozil, he's missing the pacy players around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Read somewhere yesterday that Giroud has more goals and assists than RVP or Adebayor had after the same amount of games for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Read somewhere yesterday that Giroud has more goals and assists than RVP or Adebayor had after the same amount of games for Arsenal.

RVP played on the wing for most of his first few years didn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

AdamD wrote: »
    RVP played in the treatment room for most of his first few years didn't he?

FYP :pac:

Matter of interest how many of the lads will be off to the WC do you think? would love as little as possible. I'm gonna go with the following

1. Park Chu-Young
    2. Thomas Vermaelen
    3. Joel Campbell
    4. Jack Wilshere
    5. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    6. Bacary Sagna
    7. Laurent Koscielny
    8. Olivier Giroud
    9. Per Mertesacker
    10. Mesut Özil
    11. Lukas Podolski
    12. Nacho Monreal
    13. Santi Cazorla
    14. Johan Djourou

Probably missing a few. Gnabry and Gibbs will be just short I would say while Zelalem could go.

RVP played on the wing for most of his first few years didn't he?

True but it does show that he's doing well. It's measured in amount of games played so far as opposed to time at the Club so still holds up in comparison. I think it's clear that Giroud misses pace around him as much as Ozil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Raf32 wrote: »
    Matter of interest how many of the lads will be off to the WC do you think? would love as little as possible. I'm gonna go with the following

1. Park Chu-Young
    2. Thomas Vermaelen
    3. Joel Campbell
    4. Jack Wilshere
    5. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    6. Bacary Sagna
    7. Laurent Koscielny
    8. Olivier Giroud
    9. Per Mertesacker
    10. Mesut Özil
    11. Lukas Podolski
    12. Nacho Monreal
    13. Santi Cazorla
    14. Johan Djourou

Probably missing a few. Gnabry and Gibbs will be just short I would say while Zelalem could go.

Interesting that we will nearly have a full team resting over the summer

Scz - Jenks, CB, CB, Gibbs - Flamini, Arteta, Ramsey - Rosicky, Sanogo, Gnabry

If Walcott is back for pre-season, that is good. We could also do with at least one of France/Germany/England/Spain going home after the first round.

Space for any young centre-backs at the club to get game-time in pre-season. Hayden or that Spanish kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

seems like no one is bothered about stoke fans doing a 1min silence around the 63rd mark to take the piss out of ramsey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

seems like no one is bothered about stoke fans doing a 1min silence around the 63rd mark to take the piss out of ramsey

This is one of the scummiest things I have heard of.
    Even their chairman was moaning about the treatment Shawcross got.

WTF???

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/227235/right-arsenal-game

This makes for some grim reading..

Well Ramsey did tell them to shhhh didnt he...... What an insult to the people of Stoke!

As I said a few minutes ago... WTF???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

ronjo wrote: »
    This is one of the scummiest things I have heard of.
    Even their chairman was moaning about the treatment Shawcross got.

WTF???

Lou Macari was the same, I'll see if I can find an article about what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

he shhh the them because of the crap they was chanting to him all game

• Advertisement

Amazing really, they boo a player for a couple of years for having the unfortunate luck of breaking his leg against them. Then when he gets back into form and scores against them he shushes them, cue death threats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

They seem to be the caveman fans of football, let them have it on Saturday, the whole team can shhhhhhh them the **** up then.

Would love to see Wenger turn around and shhhhhhh them if we score :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Is Koscielny back for Stoke?

My team If he is
    Szczesny
    Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs
    Flamini Wilshere
    Ox Ozil Rosicky
    Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not sure if mentioned, but Cazorla is signing a new deal following Rosicky and Mertesacker doing the same. Sagna is now the only big player that doesnt have a long term deal.
    shano_88 wrote: »
    Is Koscielny back for Stoke?

My team If he is
    Szczesny
    Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs
    Flamini Wilshere
    Ox Ozil Rosicky
    Giroud

I'd put Podolski in on the left with Rosicky in the middle. Özil on the bench.

Otherwise I agree assuming everyone is fit.

Anyone else uncomfortable with the possibility of a ring-rusty Vermaelen playing out of position at full-back ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone else uncomfortable with the possibility of a ring-rusty Vermaelen playing out of position at full-back ?

Yup, only other option is Flamini though, would rather Flamini in his usual position though. It's not like Stoke have a wealth of attacking talent though so surely Vermaelen will be up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

not so much. He's one of the best trainers at the club by some accounts so his fitness should be fine, he's got a lot to play for, and once he's not at CB where he's sometimes completely headless and a positional liability i'm not worried. he's athletic and decent enough to play LB. and it's not like he's up against a super RW either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Yeah, not very appealing.

It's not like it's something we could've avoided either, two very good left backs is as much as you could expect a team to have.

• Advertisement

He did well away to United after not playing for a good whilie.
    Granted that was at centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

When is Ramsey due back lads?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    When is Ramsey due back lads?

Recently I'vs seen that he's targetting the Chelsea or Spurs game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Recently I'vs seen that he's targetting the Chelsea or Spurs game.

Hopefully we can get a game under his belt before the Chelsea game because he really is missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Looking at the players big going to the World Cup it might help us getting off to a good start again next season

• Advertisement

virtually 25% of his annual salary :eek:

Reading it there it seems he is part of an investment group that put in €600,000. Would probably be more like it. It would be a lot on his own relative to his salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Reading it there it seems he is part of an investment group that put in €600,000. Would probably be more like it. It would be a lot on his own relative to his salary.

Still legend

virtually 25% of his annual salary :eek:

well he's part of a consortium i dunno if he gave the 600k himself!

also chesney must be delighted:

arsenalgk2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

They've come prepared.

Bhl0sJQIIAAtVnO.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Great photo

Bhl21GvIUAADP2M.jpg

Thanks Marie for my new desktop background

Just seen this on facebook pretty cool imo

1962767_671773672863675_1754057805_n.jpg

Don't have time to do both today and it came down to the gym or the Arsenal match the Arsenal match has won out, sacrificing my health for Arsenal they better make it worth my while.

Think we will or at least should have to much for Stoke although they will make it as hard as possible for us.

no ozil again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

And probably for the better Raf32.

team to play Stoke: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud

subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Flamini, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Sanogo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Raf32 wrote: »
    no ozil again

That's ****

What's the team

He is going to be rearing to go for the big games though I suppose, couple that with Ramsey returning and we could be brilliant for the run in. Only if we get the 3 points today though!

Would have liked to have seen Ozil today.

But glad to see Gibbs was passed fit.

Good team, good bench. Would have liked for Ox to start though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement