Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No harm resting Ozil for this and he could make an impact off the bench if we're struggling anyway. Hopefully saving him and Ox for the bigger teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Would rather have flamini over Arteta.

Great to see Pod start type of player you want at Stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Happy to see poldi there, and Gibbs

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Ozil off the bench could be ok today. He would probably receive most of the Ramsey treatment in his absence if in from the start.

We only have one win in 7 here. That win was tainted with Ramseys injury. Let's hope we get the 3 points andno injuries.

Have a good feeling we will do the business today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Delighted for Poldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Would rather Flamini in there to give a few sly kicks when the referee isnt looking. Not like they wont be doing it.

Those stats for Ozil are unreal considering the stick he is getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Don't want ozil playing stoke they'd hack lumps out of him.

Despise Shawcross

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

Despise Shawcross

Current Stoke try play abit so it shouldn't be too bad. They've been excellent at home this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

I havnt seen us get a shot on target or Giroud have it yet at his feet yet. Faitly sloopy so far.

How apt that Stoke play the song 'Wrecking Ball' at half time

efb wrote: »

Despise Shawcross

We can't wrap him up in cotton wool either. We paid 42m for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Classy Club...

Stoke City FC ‏@stokecity 6m

Pieters gets a yellow card for a foul on Giroud. Yes, it was a foul, but no reason why Giroud should be rolling around #SCFCvAFC

That's the league fücked. Thank you Wenger for píssing away the league yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Fa cup it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jesus the game isn't even over and the hyperbole from our fans has already started in here and in the match thread.

If we loose I'll be gutted but still wont loose give up hope. Will be giving the thread a wide berth for a few hours though let some people vent there shiite talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Incredibly poor decision to not start Ox, compounded by waiting over 70 minutes to not bring him on. All on Wenger for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jesus the game isn't even over and the hyperbole from our fans has already started in here and in the match thread.

If we loose I'll be gutted but still wont loose give up hope. Will be giving the thread a wide berth for a few hours though let some people vent there shiite talk.

Seems you're taking this all too serious!

Chill man..

Seems you're taking this all too serious!

Chill man..

I am chilled :confused:

I'm right in the aftermath of a loss logic and reason goes out the window and sweeping rubbish statements come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The only trophy this team will be lifting in May will be the fourth place one again, pathetic today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Title challenge over

Sanogo should have buried that.

Jesus, we NEED Rambo back asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

oh well, there is always next year. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Raf32 wrote: »
    The only trophy this team will be lifting in May will be the fourth place one again, pathetic today.

said it privately to a mate of mine about a month back. it's a cert now. Although we might not even get 4th.

Awful performance. Stoke is a hard place to go but we beat ourselves today with a real lack of interest in the game. Serious lack of appetite from the lot, including Arsene who didn't pick his best 11 today.

Sanogo is just a lump bringing him on to get a goal was uninspiring and Giroud as the main man is starting to show.

Complete lack of respect for this team I don't mind getting beat but go fcukin play for the shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ref was poor. No penalty that and the late challenges which stoke were allowed to get away with was scandalous.

Not giving up hope but we've made our chance of winning the league very hard.

Hope I don't see wilshere again till next season

HazDanz wrote: »
    Ref was poor. No penalty that and the late challenges which stoke were allowed to get away with was scandalous.

Not giving up hope but we've made our chance of winning the league very hard.

I'm sorry but after today there is no chance anymore imo, next four games we will probably take 2 points.

Wenger has to take the blame for that. Was a terrible line up from the start.
    But that being said, everyone on that pitch played like crap. No urgency in this team at all.

• Advertisement

Hope I don't see wilshere again till next season

Most overhyped player in our history. Offers nothing only rolling around the ground 10 times a game, useless.

Time to stay away from this meltdown!

The league this year will have a lot more twists and turns.

Definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

That looks to be that. Another year, another 4th place scrap. Didn't get to watch the game, anyone care to give a summary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Have to feel for Sanogo there. Won't do him any good.

Podolski hopefully will be sold in the summer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Definitely.

You'd hope so but if we don't beat Stoke and the like, we can't expect to win our remaining games against other title contenders.

Hopefully Spurs drop points, dont want to be dragged into another battle with them for fourth. If they beat us in the next game thats exactly where we are. More chance of 5th than 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

dorgasm wrote: »
    You'd hope so but if we don't beat Stoke and the like, we can't expect to win our remaining games against other title contenders.

Lets hope the players haven't given up too :)

Definitely.

I hope you're right.
    However I'm glad I'm going to miss the next 2 games, as I will be on holidays (and purposely stay away from the whole thing).

I hope when I'm back on the 23rd, we are still somewhere close to the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We started the game poorly as we have done a lot this season.
    Some of our players seemed to be afraid of the Stoke players and allowed themselves to be bossed from the start.
    Wenger should have had Wilshere off after 30 minutes and replaced with Chamberlain.
    Putting on Sanogo made no sense at all.
    The team was not prepared properly for this game in my opinion.

Some of our players seemed to be afraid of the Stoke players and allowed themselves to be bossed from the start.
    Wenger should have had Wilshere off after 30 minutes and replaced with Chamberlain.

For me it wasn't about not being prepared.
    But it looked like we were first and foremost aiming for the clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Time to unsubscribe from this thread for a while until all the Wenger out shite is gone again. Funny how the thread becomes a hundred times more active when we lose. You'd think we were after losing 15-0 and are about to get relegated based on some reactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Scored in only 3 of our last 14 first halfs. What the ****

Kind of amazed anyone has faith in that team to win something

Love to see Gnabry and Ox both starting offer something on the wings, not podolski, cazorla or rosicky who all come inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

So disappointing today - the ref was awful with Charlie Adam definitely should have being seeing red but Arsenal were dreadful, completely uninspired.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Time to unsubscribe from this thread for a while until all the Wenger out shite is gone again. Funny how the thread becomes a hundred times more active when we lose. You'd think we were after losing 15-0 and are about to get relegated based on some reactions.

There hasn't been a single Wenger out. It's football discussion comes with failure too

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Where's the Wenger out stuff?

Hard to put a positive spin on today no matter how sunny a disposition you have. Toughest run of fixtures on the horizon and we lose to relegation fodder just as Chelsea are starting to dig out results even when they're playing poorly. It's theirs to lose now.

Long way to go yet though, have about as much a of a chance of winning it as Liverpool at this moment in time.

Not worried about dropping out of the top 4, that won't happen.

Very frustrating when the players can't get themselves pumped up for a game like this.
    Chance to stay withing touching distance of Chelsea and go 5 ahead of City, and it didn't look like anyone out there cared one iota. Starting to feel that the players don't believe they are good enough to win the league.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where's the Wenger out stuff?

Hard to put a positive spin on today no matter how sunny a disposition you have. Toughest run of fixtures on the horizon and we lose to relegation fodder just as Chelsea are starting to dig out results even when they're playing poorly. It's theirs to lose now.

Long way to go yet though, have about as much a of a chance of winning it as Liverpool at this moment in time.

Not worried about dropping out of the top 4, that won't happen.

I'm worried we'll implode now over the next 4 games and be scrapping for 4 but our last 6 games will allow us push on with 3rd/4th

An FA Cup win this season is huge this team needs a success and some additions

Soups123 wrote: »
    There hasn't been a single Wenger out. It's football discussion comes with failure too

In fairness I seen one poster describe Cazorla as overhyped shiite and another say Wilshere has only ever had one good 90 minutes in his whole career.

Today was a terrible performance and Wenger picked the wrong team imo criticize the players today and team selection but some the sweeping statements that come out after a loss make for hard reading at times and is borderline retarded.

That stat Adam D posted up is shocking though and something the really needs to be looked at. Our midfield today was atrocious I do like Rosicky but don't think he should be starting games good as an impact sub but has a tendency to be sloppy in possession.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement