Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ox created more than anyone in the short space of time he was on today. Has to be a regular starter now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

What a **** game.

We was terrible.

Absolutely shocking. All this team care about is passing it backwards and sideways. Girud is just useless, so is sonoogo or whatever his name is. We need a striker or any ****ing player capable of beating defenders using pace and skill instead of walking the ball into the net.

We created hardly anything and this is suppose to be our "easiest" game on paper this month. We are finished. The EPL is no more. We have no chance of winning the title so time to concentrate all our energy in the FA Cup.

top 4 should be ours and guaranteed unless we go into meltdown but forget about the Title and forget about the CL.

still this season overall has been a progression. i wont be sad or angry if we dont win the EPL as no arsenal fan ever expected us to even challenge for it let alone win it so progress for us is good.

Next summer we need to improve and buy a world class ready made striker who has pace, strength , finishing and skill on the ball.

We also need to tweak our tactics and make more runs into space as most of our players dont seem to run into space well and we need to speed up our overall play too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I hope for all our sakes Morata isnt going to be the striker Wenger brings in. No pace, similar to Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    Ox created more than anyone in the short space of time he was on today. Has to be a regular starter now

Our best chances came from him getting to the by-line and picking out a pass.
    Giroud and Sanogo received two lovely balls but made a hash of them.

I am really p1ssed off with the poor crossing though. Sagna was brutal with his crosses yet again and we got none from the other side at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

greendom wrote: »

Definitely, has been our best player for a while now since his return.
    Don't like how we play when he isn't on the pitch. Way too much reliance on Sagna to be our attacking threat as he is the only man out on the right wing while there are about 6 players in the centre of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We have a tough set of fixtures coming up, not in any order, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Bayern. We might well be the ones scrapping for 4th place, looking at today's performance, if we drop any more points.

Our best chances came from him getting to the by-line and picking out a pass.
    Giroud and Sanogo received two lovely balls but made a hash of them.

I am really p1ssed off with the poor crossing though. Sagna was brutal with his crosses yet again and we got none from the other side at all.

Too much expected of our full backs in the attacking game though. Suppose thats the problem when you play with no wingers.

It's a bit of a waste having these creative players on the pitch when the only person they have to pass to is a static Giroud. From that starting team, the only player who could possibly make runs in behind was Gibbs.
    Sad stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

In fairness I seen one poster describe Cazorla as overhyped shiite and another say Wilshere has only ever had one good 90 minutes in his whole career.

Today was a terrible performance and Wenger picked the wrong team imo criticize the players today and team selection but some the sweeping statements that come out after a loss make for hard reading at times and is borderline retarded.

That stat Adam D posted up is shocking though and something the really needs to be looked at. Our midfield today was atrocious I do like Rosicky but don't think he should be starting games good as an impact sub but has a tendency to be sloppy in possession.

LOL I noticed you've still not corrected me.

this is what I said about jack

bar that champions league game against barca I don't think ive ever seen a consistently strong 90 minutes from wilshere. cant recall one.

never stated it was fact but I genuinely cant think of any games where wilshere was fantastic from the first to the last minute. if you know better correct me please because id love to know but don't come out and rubbish a comment if youre not at least going to try and give examples that prove me wrong.

I love jack and he was my great white hope to be our main man when he first broke into the team but to be honest at this point in time he makes us weaker IMO. ramsey when he comes back if he can continue from where he left off is a much better option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Two shots on target is dreadful stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Damien360

Sorry to add to this as an LFC supporter but I watched all the second half and arsenal deserved nothing. Stoke were hungry and chased down everything which is how they always play.

Ozil was very quiet bar one shot in last five minutes. Sanga was one of the worst. I cannot count how many times he got down the right, failed to cross or list the ball and then did'nt bother chasing back up the line. Giroud got very little service and although he swiped at a good ball in last five minutes, he was missing from the game. The amount of wayward passes from midfield was beyond belief.

Once arsenal got to the 2 lines of Stoke defence they seemed lost. Ox chamberline was good as always. A genuinely good player who deserves better supply.

It is a return to arsenal of old when it comes to having a go. Everyone fears failure and refuses to shoot. Is this the Wenger way ? Find the main man and let him try ?

Arsenal play some of the purest form of football for many years but just need an outright glory hunter.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Sorry to add to this as an LFC supporter but I watched all the second half and arsenal deserved nothing. Stoke were hungry and chased down everything which is how they always play.

Ozil was very quiet bar one shot in last five minutes. Sanga was one of the worst. I cannot count how many times he got down the right, failed to cross or list the ball and then did'nt bother chasing back up the line. Giroud got very little service and although he swiped at a good ball in last five minutes, he was missing from the game. The amount of wayward passes from midfield was beyond belief.

Once arsenal got to the 2 lines of Stoke defence they seemed lost. Ox chamberline was good as always. A genuinely good player who deserves better supply.

It is a return to arsenal of old when it comes to having a go. Everyone fears failure and refuses to shoot. Is this the Wenger way ? Find the main man and let him try ?

Arsenal play some of the purest form of football for many years but just need an outright glory hunter.

Surely you should be more interested in the pool game that's on now :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

sonic85 wrote: »

bar that champions league game against barca I don't think ive ever seen a consistently strong 90 minutes from wilshere. cant recall one.

never stated it was fact but I genuinely cant think of any games where wilshere was fantastic from the first to the last minute. if you know better correct me please because id love to know but don't come out and rubbish a comment if youre not at least going to try and give examples that prove me wrong.

I love jack and he was my great white hope to be our main man when he first broke into the team but to be honest at this point in time he makes us weaker IMO. ramsey when he comes back if he can continue from where he left off is a much better option

Anyone who uses the word lol automatically gets a facepalm reaction from me.

There have been plenty of games yes he had and outstanding game in that Barca games but insinuate as you did in the match thread that is all he has ever done is rubbish.

I'm not going to give you a game by game example because it's plain and simply not true and any football fan worth there salt will know its bullshiit.

Yes for me Ramsey is ahead of Wilshere and Wilshere can be great one game terrible the next he does need to sort out his consistency. There is no disputing Ramsey is currently the better player.

Anyone who uses the word lol automatically gets a facepalm reaction from me.

There have been plenty of games yes he had and outstanding game in that Barca games but insinuate as you did in the match thread that is all he has ever done is rubbish.

I'm not going to give you a game by game example because it's plain and simply not true and any football fan worth there salt will know its bullshiit.

Yes for me Ramsey is ahead of Wilshere and Wilshere can be great one game terrible the next he does need to sort out his consistency. There is no disputing Ramsey is currently the better player.

I never use LOL but its the only acronym I could think of for your pointless reply to my post. like I said to rubbish what I wrote and then not give any examples to counter me serves no purpose.

I don't want you to go into a career history or anything but you cant/wont put down anything to disprove me - just saying "any football fan worth there salt will know its bulls!t" doesn't cut it.

I suppose im not a "real" football fan then because I think wilshere as he is currently isn't good enough to be starting for arsenal and like I said when ramsey comes back jack will be picking splinters out of his backside

Wenger: "To win a title – when you’re expected to perform, you have to perform. It’s as simple as that."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

sonic85 wrote: »

If you can't think of even one match then you obviously don't watch many games.
    Jack has stepped up a lot this year and played some great football at the start of the year. But he struggles when he's forced to play a holding role beside Arteta.

If you want Jack to play well then put him beside Flamini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

dam, very frustrating stuff and with such a tough run coming up we are not in a good place, the lack of quality in reserve is taking its toll

Strange that every year in recent seasons we end up getting a big injury when we are challenging for the title. Just unlucky, but we had a chance to replace theo in the market and we didnt, awful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

According to the BBC website Giroud was rough up a it today. Makes sense when a team playing all of the forward play through him to take him out of the game.
    Therefore in one sweep disabling out entire attacking threat.

The lack of ideas with Ramsey and Theo missing is numbing.

• Advertisement

there was enough on the field today to beat stoke. arsenal should really be able to grind out results even if they play badly

Wonder will the FA look at this?

https://vine.co/v/MKx7bUxwKLA

Beginning to think it really is Liverpools year. Either them or Mourinho, both would be so insufferable.

dvemail wrote: »
    Wonder will the FA look at this?

https://vine.co/v/MKx7bUxwKLA

that was shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Raf32 wrote: »
    Beginning to think it really is Liverpools year. Either them or Mourinho, both would be so insufferable.

I think Mourinho would be the worst.......

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    I think Mourinho would be the worst.......

Looking at the fixtures it's Chelsea's to loose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I couldnt handle listening to the 'pool heads waffling on. I only know 1 Chelsea fan and he is shacked up in Germany.

I could handle that........barely.

I couldnt handle listening to the 'pool heads waffling on. I only know 1 Chelsea fan and he is shacked up in Germany.

I could handle that........barely.

Same all the chelsea fans i know are grand, so many insufferable liverpool ones though! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Same all the chelsea fans i know are grand, so many insufferable liverpool ones though! :pac:

****en right we would wreck your head.

niallo27 wrote: »
    ****en right we would wreck your head.

Ah no credit to yee if yee do it. BR has to get manager of the year, Suarez for top goalscorer and player of the year and Sterling is a good possibility for Young player of the year, tremendous season for yee.

• Advertisement

Were level on points with them if they can win it so can we

Think we will be filling 3rd/4th

Lads i was thinking would a boards arsenal podcast get any interest? Lots of planning and that to go into it but could run it over the summer and if it proves popular bring it on into next season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I never thought we would win the league but it's still disappointing watching us drop out of contention.

That is the first bad 0 points since villa though.

We need pace so bad. Throwing Giroud up top alone means that we'll struggle against any team with half decent CB's. exactly what happened in Man U games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    I never thought we would win the league but it's still disappointing watching us drop out of contention.

Me too.
    I couldn't believe how timid and easily bossed we were today.
    I don't mind losing games if we give it our best shot but they just surrendered today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ah no credit to yee if yee do it. BR has to get manager of the year, Suarez for top goalscorer and player of the year and Sterling is a good possibility for Young player of the year, tremendous season for yee.

I'd say Hazard is nailed on for Young player of the year. It's between him and Sturridge anyway.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wouldn't say we're completely out of contention considering we have the same points as Liverpool (though their fixture list gives them an advantage for sure). Chelsea and to a lesser extent City are still clear favourites regardless.
    Johner wrote: »
    I'd say Hazard is nailed on for Young player of the year. It's between him and Sturridge anyway.

Surely Sterling should be in with a shout too, he's becoming one of my favourite players in the league the more he improves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely Sterling should be in with a shout too, he's becoming one of my favourite players in the league the more he improves.

Always thought the age for being able to win YPOTY was a bit high. Should be between the likes of Sterling, Shaw and Januzaj etc. Agree on Sterling though he's a cracking player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Me too.
    I couldn't believe how timid and easily bossed we were today.
    I don't mind losing games if we give it our best shot but they just surrendered today.

I'm not excusing the players but I think that we're so reliant on technical ability and intricate play that if we even drop a percent or two we look ordinary.

Everyone has off days but when we do we've no obvious way to get the ball forward, win set pieces etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

It would take a miracle to win it from here. Any team would miss players like Walcott and Ramsey. FA cup is our biggest hope now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Johner wrote: »
    Always thought the age for being able to win YPOTY was a bit high. Should be between the likes of Sterling, Shaw and Januzaj etc. Agree on Sterling though he's a cracking player.

Yeah I think it's a little unfair to have the likes of Hazard and Sturridge up against the younger players since they're so established as first teamers at this stage. I'd say Ramsey would have been in the mix but for his injury too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

This ****tteeeee just got serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

This ****tteeeee just got serious!

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We really do need Liverpool to inflict some damage on City and Chelsea when they play them respectively in a few weeks time. A draw in both is favourable.

If they manage to beat one or both however, we should be quite concerned, considering Liverpool's bigger gd.

I am gutted that we lost today, the team need to severely question do they have the hunger to win this title, or content for yet another top 4 finish.

10 games to prove it. Still possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Wenger: "To win a title – when you’re expected to perform, you have to perform. It’s as simple as that."

Wenger should stop blaming the team and start looking at himself, knew we would crumble, specialist in failure needs to sort himself out.

He has run out of excuses at this stage, Fourth place again.

Every year he leaves the squad short and we get destroyed, will he ever learn?

We might as well start praying now that Adebayor goes on a bad run of form, because if he doesn't it will be the usual dog fight on the last day of the season for 4th.

We have City, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs left, with this gutless team we will be lucky to get 3 points in total from those games.

We could blow 4th at this stage, gutted.

Can I just say and this is not a dig at Wenger but look how well Rodgers is doing at Liverpool. They have glaring holes to be honest but he sets them up to counteract them problem areas and uses his team to their strengths. He adjusts for each team he plays just like Mourinho does, while we always seem to be set up in the same old way for every game no matter the opposition with no plan B. Dont get me wrong, there isnt a manager in the world i would rather have here at arsenal than Wenger, he can just be so stubborn sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Can I just say and this is not a dig at Wenger but look how well Rodgers is doing at Liverpool. They have glaring holes to be honest but he sets them up to counteract them problem areas and uses his team to their strengths. He adjusts for each team he plays just like Mourinho does, while we always seem to be set up in the same old way for every game no matter the opposition with no plan B. Dont get me wrong, there isnt a manager in the world i would rather have here at arsenal than Wenger, he can just be so stubborn sometimes.

Rodgers has the best player in the league, one of the best attackers on the planet.

If we had Suarez we would be flying too.

He's as almost as good as Henry was at his peak.

Your right about Wenger and setting up to the team to counter the others strength's, he's terrible at it.

Fergie wasn't great at it either.

Were level on points with Liverpool

Were level on points with Liverpool

They have a far inferior squad imo

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Rodgers has the best player in the league, one of the best attackers on the planet.

If we had Suarez we would be flying too.

He's as almost as good as Henry was at his peak.

Your right about Wenger and setting up to the team to counter the others strength's, he's terrible at it.

Fergie wasn't great at it either.

Wash out your mouth

Suarez as good as Henry at his peak

Ridiculous

• Advertisement

They have a far inferior squad imo

They have far less games and a full week to prepare for games ales up for the inferior squad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement