Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He was riding the crest of a wave in a fantastic Leinster team. My point still correct.

Your point is actually woefully incorrect. He had a superb game in the first final after being thrown into the deep end following Contempomi's injury. He was MOTM in the 2nd final scoring 28 of Leinster's 33 points, turning the game on its head with 2 tries after HT (no way in hell Leinster win that game with any other 10 in the northern hemisphere). 2012 they dominated.

But yeah, you couldn't be any more wrong if you tried really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭G1032

symbolic wrote: »
    Man City tickets on sale to Red Members now.

I logged on to see the prices and potentially get a ticket. Flights very cheap to and from.

But not if I never set foot in The Emirates again am I paying £87.50 (€106) for a ticket to a league match.

Haven't been since our daughter was born almost 3 years ago but when I do go again it'll be for Sunderland or Southampton etc. Simply can't afford over €100 for a ticket. It's an absolutely extortionate price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

A bit disappointed that Arsene has gone down the Jonny Sexton route and has lost his balls when it comes to the big moments.

Shocking decision to not buy more players last summer. Shocking decision to not sign players in the January transfer window. Especially with Theo/Ramsey.

I think he expected Chelsea/City/Utd to be alot better than they are this season so he just put a squad together that could manage 4th place and had no earthly expectation that we would be leading the league for a large part of the season.

Opertunity missed imo.

I'm still of the opinion Wenger wants to show he can win titles without spending shed loads of money. He was put under so much pressure he had to buy Ozil cause if he didn't he would have had the fan's on him. If we have beaten Villa I doubt he would have spent all that money on Ozil, that's just my opinion.

He should have gone all out and spent on a top quality striker and a top quality Defensive Midfielder even before the season started. The summer time was the right moment to show the other clubs we meant business but as we know Wenger did nothing. You can't get the best out of Ozil with Giroud as a front man. He had to have pacey forwards to work his magic.

I seriously worry for us over the next two months, have our player's the strength for the battle. Anytime we go away from home agaisn't a decent team we get ripped apart or have a right stinker. Even at home agaisn't Utd and Chelsea we looked like we were playing for a 0-0 playing right into the away team's hands, if they stepped it up they could have beaten us. Plus we don't look a threat going forward, nice tippy tappy football in the centre of midfield and at the back but the final ball is awful. Are crossing is awful from the wings too.

It's depressing stuff and very worrying when you have Chelsea, City, Spures and Everton coming up on the fixture list. I think Wilshire, Ozil, Giroud, Podolski need to step up their form. I think our defence is playing well . I personally think Mikel Arteta is on his last legs. Play Flamini in the big games. Get Chamberlin in the first team and get Ramsey back then things might get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Are things so bad we are resorting to discussing egg chasing?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

ronjo wrote: »
    Are things so bad we are resorting to discussing egg chasing?? :D

Yesss. Eggs! Woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

symbolic wrote: »
    Man City tickets on sale to Red Members now.

**** that.

we will get spanked anyway.

Na serious i have already seen a arsenal vs city and i tend to get tickets for teams i have not seen yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

G1032 wrote: »
    I logged on to see the prices and potentially get a ticket. Flights very cheap to and from.

But not if I never set foot in The Emirates again am I paying £87.50 (€106) for a ticket to a league match.

Haven't been since our daughter was born almost 3 years ago but when I do go again it'll be for Sunderland or Southampton etc. Simply can't afford over €100 for a ticket. It's an absolutely extortionate price.

Yeah it's pricey, No doubt about it. I don't go over often so over the whole season it's doesn't add up to much, plus a night in London is always a pleasure! It might not be much fun if Chelsea have had their way with them before then :-) hopefully not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Delighted to hear Adam has been charged. Pure thuggish behaviour and not the first time. Just a shame that the ref was so incompetent that he didn't see it at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

greendom wrote: »
    Delighted to hear Adam has been charged. Pure thuggish behaviour and not the first time. Just a shame that the ref was so incompetent that he didn't see it at the right time.

It is good of course he is brought to book for it, but what good does it do Arsenal? The ref should have been charged too, it was right in front of him and he ignored it. This retrospective charge does fe€k all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Glenn Whelan should also be getting charged for a stamp but I suppose it'd be too much to ask for them to charge two thugs from the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Bloody John Terry :rolleyes:

Bh0ylv5IgAAqpc_.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

That's insane money for a ticket.

That's more than double the price for the most expensive ticket to a Liverpool game and tbh I think Liverpool's pricing is too high.I know it's a different city etc

Pricing the regular joe soap out of the game unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That's insane money for a ticket.

That's more than double the price for the most expensive ticket to a Liverpool game and tbh I think Liverpool's pricing is too high.I know it's a different city etc

Pricing the regular joe soap out of the game unfortunately.

That's why the atmosphere is dire at the Emirates, proper fans who would sing can't afford tickets.

It's all families and business people.

I miss Highbury.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wasn't Highbury nicknamed "The Library" because of how quiet it tended to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

That's why the atmosphere is dire at the Emirates, proper fans who would sing can't afford tickets.

It's all families and business people.

I miss Highbury.

How much were tickets to Highbury?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

It was called the library by opposing fans alright. It probably wasn't as bad as was made out but at the same time I think thats why 'REDaction' was set up in the first place.... to improve match day atmosphere. They still do a lot of work today to try and improve atmosphere but I remember hearing on a podcast or two it's very difficult for them to improve much with all the health and safety laws etc.

Aston Villa I believe are leading the campaign to reintroduce standing areas. But that's not something that Villa, REDAction, Arsenal or anyone else can get passed on their own. It'll take a huge effort/campaign from all PL clubs. Safe standing areas would really help get an atmosphere back.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    It is good of course he is brought to book for it, but what good does it do Arsenal? The ref should have been charged too, it was right in front of him and he ignored it. This retrospective charge does fe€k all good.

True, if anything he'll end up missing games against our rivals.

Nah the north bank upper used to be great for atmosphere, loved going there, was never in the clock end though.

Nzonzi: "We know Arsenal play good football but when you start kicking them, they don't like it. We don't care. We'll keep on doing it.

Nice....

WTF? Arsenal did activate a buy out clause for Suarez but Liverpool just ignored it. Surely there must be sanctions of some sort brought against the Liverpool for this??

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer-centre/article/168/9194091/henry-makes-suarez-admission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

WTF? Arsenal did activate a buy out clause for Suarez but Liverpool just ignored it. Surely there must be sanctions of some sort brought against the Liverpool for this??

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer-centre/article/168/9194091/henry-makes-suarez-admission

To be honest I admire Liverpool's stance on this. If we were in a similar situation I would have hoped we would have done the same.

No point us whinging about it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It really is a far from admirable stance, if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

I would assume that Suarez didn't really want a move to arsenal then and perhaps used our attention to spark interest from real madrid. Didn't a third party (prem league or lma or someone) confirm there was no such clause at the time though?

omega man wrote: »
    I would assume that Suarez didn't really want a move to arsenal then and perhaps used our attention to spark interest from real madrid. Didn't a third party (prem league or lma or someone) confirm there was no such clause at the time though?

Why do you say that?

He gave an interview saying he was desperate to leave and his clause had been activated.

Why do you say that?

He gave an interview saying he was desperate to leave and his clause had been activated.

Surely a contract clause would be legally binding and therefore he could have pushed a move through if he really desired it? After that article based on his interview where he begged to be sold the whole transfer died a slow death because for whatever reason he didn't want to rock the boat. Just seems to me he didn't go all out to force a move which we're now told was a contractual option. Strange is all I'm saying.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surely a contract clause would be legally binding and therefore he could have pushed a move through if he really desired it? After that arcticle based on his interview where he begged to be sold the whole transfer died a slow death because for whatever reason he didn't want to rock the boat. Just seems to me he didn't go all out to force a move which we're now told was a contractual option. Strange is all I'm saying.

I thought I read somewhere, or maybe someone said it on here that for the move to be forced Arsenal would have had to take them to court but they didn't follow through on it because it wouldn't have been completed before the close of the transfer window. Basically Henry knew exactly what he was doing by flat out refusing to sell.

I thought I read somewhere, or maybe someone said it on here that for the move to be forced Arsenal would have had to take them to court but they didn't follow through on it because it wouldn't have been completed before the close of the transfer window. Basically Henry knew exactly what he was doing by flat out refusing to sell.

You may well be right but as it was suarez's contract I would have thought he'd have to instigate any legal action. Water under the bridge now but still hard not to imagine us with him playing for us smashing up the league :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,484 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No point in even discussing Suarez to Arsenal now.
    We didn't get him and we won't now.

No point in even discussing Suarez to Arsenal now.
    We didn't get him and we won't now.

Well that kills that conversation so :D

Saw bendnter giving an interview whilst away with Denmark. Anyone see him getting any game time this season? Despite my dislike of the chap at this stage I can't see why he shouldn't be an option off the bench when we need a goal. With the midfield goals drying up we need something, maybe even nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well that kills that conversation so :D

Saw bendnter giving an interview whilst away with Denmark. Anyone see him getting any game time this season? Despite my dislike of the chap at this stage I can't see why he shouldn't be an option off the bench when we need a goal. With the midfield goals drying up we need something, maybe even nick.

It's says a lot about how he is viewed at the club when Sanogo a young player with very little experience has been constantly picked ahead of him in recent weeks.

And to be honest as much as it kills me we never signed the CF that I think would have made the difference this season as I feel its our main weakness I'd still rather see youth be given a chance to show what it can do than Bendtner who has consistently proven he can't over the years.

It's says a lot about how he is viewed at the club when Sanogo a young player with very little experience has been constantly picked ahead of him in recent weeks.

And to be honest as much as it kills me we never signed the CF that I think would have made the difference this season as I feel its our main weakness I'd still rather see youth be given a chance to show what it can do than Bendtner who has consistently proven he can't over the years.

Part of me agrees but the fact we're still in with a chance with 10 games to go can we afford to blood someone in? I'd love to see sanogo grab a goal and see where the confidence takes the lad but time may well run out on us and well trophies.....9 years...... blah blah.......you know the story.

Reckon I'd still bring nick on if our other super quality strikers aren't performing. A couple of goals could well be the difference between 2nd/3rd with an FA cup and 5th with another year without a trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,484 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

[QUOTE=Marty McFly;89287441]It's says a lot about how he is viewed at the club when Sanogo a young player with very little experience has been constantly picked ahead of him in recent weeks.

And to be honest as much as it kills me we never signed the CF that I think would have made the difference this season as I feel its our main weakness I'd still rather see youth be given a chance to show what it can do than Bendtner who has consistently proven he can't over the years.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Bendtner is currently injured.

Part of me agrees but the fact we're still in with a chance with 10 games to go can we afford to blood someone in? I'd love to see sanogo grab a goal and see where the confidence takes the lad but time may well run out on us and well trophies.....9 years...... blah blah.......you know the story.

Reckon I'd still bring nick on if our other super quality strikers aren't performing. A couple of goals could well be the difference between 2nd/3rd with an FA cup and 5th with another year without a trophy.
    Apparently Bendtner is currently injured.

Didn't know he was injured but would still rather Sanogo I don't know I know he still looks raw but to me he look threatening anytime he has played and Bendtner is off in the summer and to be honest I don't think he would be much more of a threat than Sanogo.

Really can't wait till our next game not that I'm overly excited about it just to try put that shambles behind us and maybe just maybe help the team and fans regain some confidence.

Didn't know he was injured but would still rather Sanogo I don't know I know he still looks raw but to me he look threatening anytime he has played and Bendtner is off in the summer and to be honest I don't think he would be much more of a threat than Sanogo.

Really can't wait till our next game not that I'm overly excited about it just to try put that shambles behind us and maybe just maybe help the team and fans regain some confidence.

He said he was fit and training hard. Yup next game can't come soon enough. 90 mins away from wembley. Really hope that's motivation enough to get a big performance.

He said he was fit and training hard. Yup next game can't come soon enough. 90 mins away from wembley. Really hope that's motivation enough to get a big performance.

If it's not enough motivation and we do crumble once again then serious question will need to be asked sadly, but hopefully it wont come to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Disgusting price. How can they justify that??

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Disgusting price. How can they justify that??

Fairly simple. And pardon for being glib about it, but people keep paying it!

Anybody think having the semi finals at Wembley takes some gloss off the final. Would rather it been at Old Trafford or Villa Park. Leave Wembley to the final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ok good to know I guess i'll just stop watching our games now...

You know it's true though.

Most of ous have no faith in this team.We have been let down time and time again.

I'll give 100 euro to charity if we win the FA Cup.

I would be delighted to give it, but I know we have no chance of winning the FA Cup.

City will hammer ous, if we get past the mighty Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Yes, Gordan Taylor from the PFA looked at the contract and confirmed the 40m "release clause" wasn't actually a release clause at all. It was merely the minimum amount a club would have to bid before they could enter negotiations with Liverpool for Suarez.

JW Henry was just talking bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Anyone else think Arsenal might regret how we handled Carlos Vela. He has a decent scoring record in La Liga. I could never understand why Bendtner was consistently chosen ahead of him a few seasons back.

I think he'd be really useful for us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i dunno on Vela, he's settled very well in spain having played there for a couple of clubs before his permanent move. He's obviously a native spanish speaker and he holds a spanish passport too. It suits him. Don't forget he had a loan spell at WBA where he didn't get up to much either. I think he's better suited to la liga, and wish him all the best there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone else think Arsenal might regret how we handled Carlos Vela. He has a decent scoring record in La Liga. I could never understand why Bendtner was consistently chosen ahead of him a few seasons back.

In a word - No

He has pace, loves to makes runs in behind and is a very good finisher. Its exactly these attributes that we lack up front, so yes he would be very useful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Right Chelsea play tottenham this week while we play Everton in the cup.

Any dropped points there for Chelsea would be lovely. The week after Chelsea away at Villa and Liverpool away to Utd.

We need to beat Spurs away and take it from there. If there's any dropped points, it'll be back in our hands again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

gosplan wrote: »
    Right Chelsea play tottenham this week while we play Everton in the cup.

Any dropped points there for Chelsea would be lovely. The week after Chelsea away at Villa and Liverpool away to Utd.

We need to beat Spurs away and take it from there. If there's any dropped points, it'll be back in our hands again.
    Optimists want Chelsea to drop points, pessimists wants Spurs to drop points so i guess does that mean that realists want a draw?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Don't suppose there would be any chance of getting tickets for the Spurs game?! (At a reasonable price!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Rosicky and Mert sign new contracts. No word on Sagna surely means hes out the door in the summer.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Rosicky and Mert sign new contracts. No word on Sagna surely means hes out the door in the summer.

And Ramsey set to sign a new one which will make him the 2nd highest earner at the club - well deserved

Optimists want Chelsea to drop points, pessimists wants Spurs to drop points so i guess does that mean that realists want a draw?

I'd say the don't knows want a draw - I think I'm a don't know atm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

greendom wrote: »
    And Ramsey set to sign a new one which will make him the 2nd highest earner at the club - well deserved

Most definetly. Great news.

Michael ⚽ Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner 20m
    EXCELLENT NEWS: Aaron Ramsey back in full training & set to sign new five-year deal Arsenal, worth over £100k pw. (Guardian)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement