Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Paulegend wrote: »

Henderson is a better player than Jack but some will disagree. how is that any differnet than me saying that i dont think Ramsey is that much better than henderson??

Because you're comparing a player that was as vital to Arsenal as Suarez is to Liverpool with a player that is as vital to Liverpool as Flamini or Arteta is to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Paulegend wrote: »
    this is what i mean

Henderson is a better player than Jack but some will disagree. how is that any differnet than me saying that i dont think Ramsey is that much better than henderson??

true but we could get into that game and mention loads of players in that case

What does Jordan Henderson have over Ramsey? He doesn't have a better engine, passing, tackling (Ramsey was highest in the league until he got injured) and he's certainly not as good at scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What does Jordan Henderson have over Ramsey? He doesn't have a better engine, passing, tackling (Ramsey was highest in the league until he got injured) and he's certainly not as good at scoring.

Henderson would probably have a better engine tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Henderson has come on leaps and bounds, he has a better engine and work rate than Ramsey but is not better at passer and all round creative player.

They are two different players, only been compared because they are of comparable age and nationality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Better work rate and engine? Do people watch football at all? Ramsey is the player who Wenger has said has one the best engines in a footballer he has ever seen.

This thread can be painful reading at times, thanks Paullegend once again for making a clusterfcuk of it.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Henderson would probably have a better engine tbh.

Would he? Ramsey doesn't stop running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Big Henderson fan here but its terrible mentioning him in the same light as Ramsey. He is like Ramsey lite imo. No problem with people saying he is better than Wilshere though.

Would he? Ramsey doesn't stop running.

Neither does Hendo.
    Its close between them but i'd have Hendo slightly ahead.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Neither does Hendo.
    Its close between them but i'd have Hendo slightly ahead.

Ok so we have equal engines. Ramsey's better at literally everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They're no Forrest Gump

• Advertisement

Getting away from the last few pages of comical debate over which player is better.

Cazorla taking the mick out of Casillas

Ok so we have equal engines. Ramsey's better at literally everything else.

Very true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So its a 12.45 kick-off on Saturday. Wonder if that will have an impact on selection. Are any of our players off to far flung destinations ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Raf32 wrote: »
    Big Henderson fan but its terrible mentioning him in the same light as Ramsey. He is like Ramsey lite imo. No problem with people saying he is better than Wilshere though.

I mean no offense but how does someone become a fan of Henderson?

He'd be the tapioca of the dessert world.

Mediocre in every sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

greendom wrote: »
    So its a 12.45 kick-off on Saturday. Wonder if that will have an impact on selection. Are any of our players off to far flung destinations ?

Dunno but we better wake up. We've shipped eleven goals in our last two 12:45 kick offs

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Dunno but we better wake up. We've shipped eleven goals in our last two 12:45 kick offs

At least we're not travelling to the North West this time

At least we're not travelling to the North West this time

True. What's the feeling on the match? They were very good against us at the Emirates earlier in the season but they've faded a little since. I have to admit I'm expecting a proper reaction to the stoke debacle. I'll be disappointed with anything less

True. What's the feeling on the match? They were very good against us at the Emirates earlier in the season but they've faded a little since. I have to admit I'm expecting a proper reaction to the stoke debacle. I'll be disappointed with anything less

They were without Lukaku and Delafeu for most of that period. They are both back now. It's going to be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

The Swansea game has been rescheduled for Tuesday 25th March @7:45

That's the midweek between the Chelsea & man City games. Takes away a small advantage as city were already playing man u that midweek

They were without Lukaku and Delafeu for most of that period. They are both back now. It's going to be tough.

yeah you're right it will be. I don't mind if we play well and lose to a team who play better. it's when we don't show up like at the weekend or like vs liverpool that I cannot stand. I think most of us feel the same way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

yeah you're right it will be. I don't mind if we play well and lose to a team who play better. it's when we don't show up like at the weekend or like vs liverpool that I cannot stand. I think most of us feel the same way

Hopefully Ozil and the Ox start and there is no sign of the dreaded nervousness or handbrake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Ah lads have a watch of this. The lad really does get a lot of unfair stick and what he says here is pretty true in fairness to him. I hope he does well when he leaves.

Wojciech Szczesny, Lukasz Fabianski
    Poland v Scotland
    just a trip home for the keepers

Bacary Sagna, Laurent Koscielny, Olivier Giroud
    France v Holland
    likewise for the frenchies

Per Mertesacker, Lukas Podolski, Mesut Ozil
    Germany v Chile
    ditto for ze germans

Tomas Rosicky
    Czech Republic v Norway
    similarly for mozart

Jack Wilshere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    England v Denmark
    home tie for jack and Ox

Nicklas Bendtner
    England v Denmark
    not far to go for bendy

Santi Cazorla
    Spain v Italy
    nacho has pulled out injured

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jaafa wrote: »
    Ah lads have a watch of this. The lad really does get a lot of unfair stick and what he says here is pretty true in fairness to him. I hope he does well when he leaves.

The longer that he stays at Arsenal, the more I feel sorry for him. As he said, he came back this year and while he didn't really shine, any time he played he put the effort in and offered us something different.

There are plenty of teams who would be improved by having him as a striker, and I wish him the best of luck at one of those teams.

CatInABox wrote: »
    The longer that he stays at Arsenal, the more I feel sorry for him. As he said, he came back this year and while he didn't really shine, any time he played he put the effort in and offered us something different.

There are plenty of teams who would be improved by having him as a striker, and I wish him the best of luck at one of those teams.

absolutely. I still think he's got a good level of ability.
    Dare I say he would have stuck away that chance that Sanogo put over.

not that it matters at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

absolutely. I still think he's got a good level of ability.
    Dare I say he would have stuck away that chance that Sanogo put over.

not that it matters at this point.

He is miles ahead of Sanogo at their current levels. And I doubt Sanogo will actually ever even reach Bendtner's levels. Sanogo has now missed the ball 5 times in his long Arsenal career.

People talking about how Henry and Bergkamp didn't have the greatest starts to their Arsenal career and then comparing Sanogo are missing the fact that they were established top level players before coming to Arsenal.

And the criticism of Sanogo is really a criticism of Wenger. No one can argue that a team challenging for the title should be relying on a striker with less than 25 professional appearances in his entire career as their 2nd/3rd striker.

If Wenger doesn't buy a top striker during the summer, the fans will be on his back again. He has got a temporary reprieve from the dissent after signing Ozil but it is coming back - you can hear it building in the pubs and at the ground before, during and after every game. Personally I would prefer to see Wenger in rather than out but if there is a lack of transfer activity in the summer, that should be taken off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Jaafa wrote: »

Cheers

way hey that 9 year wait for a trohpy is over, Arsenal are the Under 12 Fustal Champions.

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

way hey that 9 year wait for a trohpy is over, Arsenal are the Under 12 Fustal Champions.

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Is that Ray Parlour second from the left?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nice to see Charlie Adam get his just reward.
    Charlie Adam suspended for three matches after FA reject Stoke appeal against violent conduct charge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Bit late for us now but yes, good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Nice to see Charlie Adam get his just reward.

Arsenal don't like it in their faces bla bla, sick of it, even the media lap it up.

Then horrible cretins like Charlie Adam goes out and thinks it's a great laugh stamping on our players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Arsenal don't like it in their faces bla bla, sick of it, even the media lap it up.

Then horrible cretins like Charlie Adam goes out and thinks it's a great laugh stamping on our players.

And the CEO of stoke have the balls to say, these appeals don't go in favour of clubs like them...

BBC sport
    "I am extremely disappointed for the effect this is going to have on Charlie and on the football club," Stoke City chief executive Tony Scholes told his club's website.
    "However, I am not surprised because clubs like ours very rarely succeed in appeals to the FA."

Stoke CEO completely deluded, and still going with that “ooh poor wee stoke” schtick, when he’s actually the 25th richest person in Britain worth upwards of 750 million quid.

Stoke are a dirty club who pride themselves in being thuggish. Charlie Adam is probably the dirtiest player in the league. There’s a big distinction between being physical, like Ivanovic say, and being dirty, like adam.

Rosicky scored the opener for the Czech Republic, who currently lead Norway two one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Rosicky scored the opener for the Czech Republic, who currently lead Norway two one

Further International Goals scored by Arsenal players;

Park Chu Young; South Korea away to Greece.

Who? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

cson wrote: »
    Further International Goals scored by Arsenal players;

Park Chu Young; South Korea away to Greece.

Who? :confused:

You being serious?

Ozil sets up Gotze for Germany's opener

Ozil sets up Gotze for Germany's opener

And now Lahm hobbling off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wilshire getting stretchered off after a tackle with Agger.

Must say, Agger did nothing wrong and Wilshire seems awfully unlucky to come out of it injured.

Edit: He walked off in the end. Stretcher sent back. He may be OK.

Knex. wrote: »
    Wilshire getting stretchered off after a tackle with Agger.

Must say, Agger did nothing wrong and Wilshire seems awfully unlucky to come out of it injured.

Getting the defence in early? :pac:

He's walking anyway.

You watch the build up?
    Ozil & poldi getting questioned a bit in Germany, though people were backing ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Getting the defence in early? :pac:

He's walking anyway.

:pac:

Ah in fairness, it was a fair challenge. Wilshire kicked him more than anything.

That was marcel jansen, lamhs' still on
    I was behind watching it earlier

batistuta9 wrote: »
    You watch the build up?
    Ozil & poldi getting questioned a bit in Germany, though people were backing ozil

No I didn't. Also didn't realise how quick Ozil could be.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    That was marcel jansen, lamhs' still on
    I was behind watching it earlier

Yes heard his name after I thought he'd gone off. Making dinner at the same time doesn't help

Kos not playing for France as he tweaked his hamstring. A precaution by the sound of things. Just as well Hodgson isn't the French manager. Laurent would have played the full 90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Özil got presented with player of the year from the German fan club before the game and was booed and whistled off when subbed. Can't be good for the confidence. Germany were very poor overall.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement