Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I believe Ozil was excellent.

There's a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i've read that mert was the outstanding player for germany but they were very poor and chile should have won. Podolski didn't get a run out.

I wish he'd improve because i really like him, but if he doesn't get his act together fast I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. Inter apparently are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

jester77 wrote: »
    Özil got presented with player of the year from the German fan club before the game and was booed and whistled off when subbed. Can't be good for the confidence. Germany were very poor overall.

Probably Bayern Munich fans playing mind games before next week's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i've read that mert was the outstanding player for germany but they were very poor and chile should have won. Podolski didn't get a run out.

I wish he'd improve because i really like him, but if he doesn't get his act together fast I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. Inter apparently are interested.

Poldi was on for the last 7-8 mins. Looked lively, would liked to have seen him get at least 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I think Pdoloski will go in the summer if I'm honest.

Poldi was on for the last 7-8 mins. Looked lively, would liked to have seen him get at least 20 mins.

ahh good i didn't see that.

as a guy I really like him, and if he's willing to remain as a squad player i'd be ok with that as its great to have a guy who can nab a goal and he's a big personality in the dressing room, but unless his form improves big time he's not going to get a spot in the starting line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ahh good i didn't see that.

as a guy I really like him, and if he's willing to remain as a squad player i'd be ok with that as its great to have a guy who can nab a goal and he's a big personality in the dressing room, but unless his form improves big time he's not going to get a spot in the starting line up.

Like virtually all the team, his game would improve if our attack had more pace. The loss of Walcott has really cost us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I think Pdoloski will go in the summer if I'm honest.

I think you're right, especially if we sign Griezmann for that left hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

greendom wrote: »
    Like virtually all the team, his game would improve if our attack had more pace. The loss of Walcott has really cost us this season.

I do agree but Walcott has only played a handful of games and was in brilliant form when we lost him, it's the combination of the loss of both Ramsey and Walcott which stifled our season.

Ramsey although not blessed with pace was getting goals and making the same kind of runs as Ljunberg used to getting into good positions and giving the creative players somewhere to put the ball. Walcott was making the runs off the last man and making defences nervous as hell and he stepped in as Ramsey began his time on the doctors table.

The failure to find adequate cover for both of them in the January transfer window has drastically effected our form and could end up costing us the league title imo.

• Advertisement

The failure to find adequate cover for both of them in the January transfer window has drastically effected our form and could end up costing us the league title imo.

absolutely, and they're two huge players to lose. i'm a vociferous critic of arsenals transfer policies but in their defence it would be hard to get replacements in for those lads in Jan.

However I'm convinced wenger should have taken a gamble, spent on a pacey player in jan, if even to keep the momentum going and give the squad a boost.

signing a guy with a broken f*cking back, it's actually embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,476 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kallstrom is back next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Kallstrom is back next week.

That'll strengthen the spine of the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

He'll put us back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Özil got presented with player of the year from the German fan club before the game and was booed and whistled off when subbed. Can't be good for the confidence. Germany were very poor overall.
    I believe Ozil was excellent.

There's a surprise.

I'm getting conflicting messages here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I'm getting conflicting messages here?

Seems they were booing the decision to take him off more so than Ozil himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Lads I have man flu

I'm not sure I'm going too pull through.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Lads I have man flu

Lemsip, fresh orange juice and honey.

Failing that hot whiskeys..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Lemsip, fresh orange juice and honey.

Failing that hot whiskeys..

Lemsip, garlic, chilli, ginger, manuka honey.

If I want to get to sleep:

Jameson, garlic, chilli, ginger, manuka honey.

Sort you right out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Close the curtains, lock the bedroom door, jump into the scratcher for the day and start browsing imgur.

Guaranteed success.

Business as usual so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Lads I have man flu

Same here, flying over for the match tomorrow evening. Hope I have it shook by then. On the honey, ginger, lemon, sudafed and vitamin C.

Gonna try a few hot whiskies tonight on top. Kill or cure as the mother says.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Same here, flying over for the match tomorrow evening. Hope I have it shook by then. On the honey, ginger, lemon, sudafed and vitamin C.

Gonna try a few hot whiskies tonight on top. Kill or cure as the mother says.

Will be in Paris for a romantic weekend, so my guess is that my fiancé will be wondering why I'm checking my phone so often, very soon to be followed by me being in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

CatInABox wrote: »
    Will be in Paris for a romantic weekend, so my guess is that my fiancé will be wondering why I'm checking my phone so often, very soon to be followed by me being in trouble.

isnt it better that your with her and wishing you where at the match, than at the match and wishing you where with her??:D im sure she'd forgive you after saying that lol

You'd wanna get your priorities sorted pal.

Who books a romantic weekend away when its a game weekend?

Have a nice time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Joel Campbell with a nice finish last night

JauntyGrayEastsiberianlaika.gif

Paulegend wrote: »
    isnt it better that your with her and wishing you where at the match, than at the match and wishing you where with her??:D im sure she'd forgive you after saying that lol

In fairness, so long as I'm discrete about it, she won't even notice. Even with the Stoke game last weekend, we were heading around the tower of London, she had no idea that I was cursing away internally until later in the day when we ran into another Arsenal fan.

Been ages since I've been away, so looking forward to it.

Anyway, enough holiday talk! COYG!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Relationship advice, home remedies....when did this place turn into a support group? :p

You'd wanna get your priorities sorted pal.

Who books a romantic weekend away when its a game weekend?

Have a nice time though.

the girlfriend has already been warned. any future events such as births weddings etc have to be planned for either an unimportant international week such as feb or else when no important football is on in maybe july :D or else i cant guarantee ill be there

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Relationship advice, home remedies....when did this place turn into a support group? :p

just thought of this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

In fairness, so long as I'm discrete about it, she won't even notice. Even with the Stoke game last weekend, we were heading around the tower of London, she had no idea that I was cursing away internally until later in the day when we ran into another Arsenal fan.

Love this! My favorite is when i'm a bit moody/quiet after a draw/loss. It's like:

Her: You ok?
    Me: Yeah.
    Her: You sure? You're very quiet?
    He: I just have nothing to say.

3 hours later.
    Her: You sure you're ok? You haven't spoken a word in hours.
    Me: Arsenal drew/lost against a sh!t team earlier.
    Her: Oh that's ok, I thought there was something up with you!
    Me: *fuming inside* There is something up, we're now 4 points off top spot!!

For Valentine's night I said we'd watch a romantic comedy, so I put on Fever Pitch. It was my way of trying to get her to understand! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BFG responds to this Arseblog article about him http://arseblog.com/2014/03/almost-per-fect-why-i-love-the-mert/

vbulletin9P3NJW2.jpg9P3NJW2]9P3NJW2.jpg[IMG]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/<a href=http://imgur.com/9P3NJW2 target=_blank>[/img]9P3NJW2.jpg9P3NJW2.jpg
    almost-per-fect-why-i-love-the-mert

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Obviously didn't realise Arseblog is Irish :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

dvemail wrote: »
    Seems they were booing the decision to take him off more so than Ozil himself.

Were they not booing him?
    That's whats being written today, Jerome boateng & oliver bierhoff criticised them for it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wilshere out for 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Accrding to Arsenal.com its 6 weeks until he can start trying for match fitness.

If were lucky he will be back for FA Cup final and Champions League final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Jaysus, I guess this is what Kallstrom is here for. Also thankfully Ramsey should be back soon.

Maybe we'll see Ox in the middle a bit too in the mean time. Don't much like Arteta and Flamini together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Was it a bad tackle? Didn't see the incident myself.

While we should have sufficient numbers, it's still a blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

He has been poor offlately, so may be it won't effect us much. hopefully Rambo is back and it'll also give us a chance to play OX in the middle.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Was it a bad tackle? Didn't see the incident myself.

While we should have sufficient numbers, it's still a blow.

50/50 challenge for a loose ball. sort of challenge you dont want two injury prone players making in an international friendly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Shows how brittle he is, great potential but it's difficult to see him living up to it if he can't hack something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I think since he was praised so much at the start of the career, he feels the pressure and tries to do too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

How stupid is Wilshere tho for staying on, he should have come straight off once the tackle happened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

BiDauQ-IcAA8n4S.jpg

Just a bit o fun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

wawaman wrote: »
    How stupid is Wilshere tho for staying on, he should have come straight off once the tackle happened

Its a hairline fracture though. Coming off early wouldnt have made a difference surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

keano_afc wrote: »
    Its a hairline fracture though. Coming off early wouldnt have made a difference surely.

Maybe not, but playing on for 50 odd minutes didnt do him any favours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ox in the middle
    Gnabry on the right
    We're grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ox in the middle
    Gnabry on the right
    We're grand

I actually like the sounds of that two pacey attacking players who will threaten any side if they get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If Flamini isn't required to cover Gibbs/Monreal, I don't really think the Wilshire thing is a blow.

He hasn't been good at all in the big games and that's all we've got at the moment.

Arteta and Flamster for the middle two positions.

Ox Ozil Cazorla ahead of those.

Options of Gnabry and Pod coming in. Rambo to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Need Ramsey back, Arteta and Flamini are poison together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

AdamD wrote: »
    Need Ramsey back, Arteta and Flamini are poison together.

Yep, and I'd be worried about defensive solidity with Arteta and Chamberlain, and I'd be worried about ball retention with Flamini and Chamberlain. Decisions!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement