Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Now Wilshere. What in the name of god is it with Arsenal and injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wilshere hasn't been great of late

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

It could only happen to us, that is, the injury to Wilshere, I am sure he is gutted. I hope he recovers soon and in time for the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Another classic from Zlatan

Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s tweet to PSG team-mate Blaise Matuidi after his goal last night.

"I saw your goal last night. Magnifique. You must have been watching Zlatan in training #DaretoZlatan"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Any update on Kos and his availability for Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    Any update on Kos and his availability for Saturday?

Whaaatttt?

What's wrong with Kos?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Whaaatttt?

What's wrong with Kos?

He wasn't risked last night due to an injury, I think it's only a minor one. Good thing he's not English or Hodgson would have had him crocked too no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Come back from work to find out Wilshere is out injured for six weeks! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Arseblog posted this Great video of Ramsey

http://p1r.es/NBuExO

Comparisons with Henderson were absurd and borderline delusional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Arseblog posted this Great video of Ramsey

http://p1r.es/NBuExO

Comparisons with Henderson were absurd and borderline delusional

To be honest and even as an Arsenal fan I don't see why they have been delusional. Henderson has been outstanding this year. Creative play has come on leaps and bounds too. We have had Ramsey back to form a year now so lets not get carried away. I would much rather Ramsey but Henderson is an excellent excellent player and is getting better.

Also I hate video clips of players. I saw one of Squillaci before and he looked better than Sol Campbell. I think you can produce clips of any player in the world from his whole career that would make them look good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

To be honest and even as an Arsenal fan I don't see why they have been delusional. Henderson has been outstanding this year. Creative play has come on leaps and bounds too. We have had Ramsey back to form a year now so lets not get carried away. I would much rather Ramsey but Henderson is an excellent excellent player and is getting better.

Also I hate video clips of players. I saw one of Squillaci before and he looked better than Sol Campbell. I think you can produce clips of any player in the world from his whole career that would make them look good!

I think the point is that until he got injured Ramsey was nailed on for young player of the year and would have been competing for overall player of the year.

Henderson has come on but he's not having nearly the same impact on games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah come one we had people in that debate saying Ramsey was a creative player and Henderson had a better engine both complete and utter bollocks to put it bluntly.

As Gosplan said Ramsey was nailed on for young player of the year, just go back to the best player in the premier league thread from the begining of the season to see how highly rated and how well Ramsey was doing at the time. Henderson wasn't even mentioned there not at the same level it not to say Henderson isn't a good player but he wasn't near the level Ramsey was at either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Outstanding maybe but not a patch on Ramsey and one stage he wasleading the way with goals, assists and tackles

You said we have him back on form a year that's a long time to be in form when exactly do we get carried away

I think we should play Gnabry on the left and Ox on the right against Everton with Ozil, Cazorla in the middle and Flamini instead of Arteta.
    This would give us a great chance at getting in behind them and also the pace needed to counteract the threat of Coleman and Baines,

I think we should play Gnabry on the left and Ox on the right against Everton with Ozil, Cazorla in the middle and Flamini instead of Arteta.
    This would give us a great chance at getting in behind them and also the pace needed to counteract the threat of Coleman and Baines,

As much as that sounds exciting I'd say it would be just as likely to give all of us a heart attack anytime Everton attacked.

Flamini would be left very exposed at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The good news is that the game is on ITV this weekend. The bad news is that Andy Townsend will probably be commentating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is an excellent excellent player better than a top top player?

Ah come one we had people in that debate saying Ramsey was a creative player and Henderson had a better engine both complete and utter bollocks to put it bluntly.

As Gosplan said Ramsey was nailed on for young player of the year, just go back to the best player in the premier league thread from the begining of the season to see how highly rated and how well Ramsey was doing at the time. Henderson wasn't even mentioned there not at the same level it not to say Henderson isn't a good player but he wasn't near the level Ramsey was at either.

Only thing is that Ramsey's form at the beginning of the season was at odds with his form over the last few seasons.

He'll only be considered one of the best midfielders in the PL if he sustains that form for a few seasons. Form is temporary, class is important and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

THIS! I remember after we signed this legend, I watched this video and thought we were getting one of the best :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Raf32 wrote: »
    THIS! I remember after we signed this legend, I watched this video and thought we were getting one of the best :o

WOW!! After watching that I think we should try to get him back.

Nah, just kidding. I will always have one fond memory of him though.

But while we're on the subject of ridiculous YouTube promo videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

gosplan wrote: »
    WOW!! After watching that I think we should try to get him back.

Nah, just kidding. I will always have one fond memory of him though.

Yup, the only really good memory of Santos. Who passed the ball out to him in that clip? Cracking pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

djPSB wrote: »
    Only thing is that Ramsey's form at the beginning of the season was at odds with his form over the last few seasons.

He'll only be considered one of the best midfielders in the PL if he sustains that form for a few seasons. Form is temporary, class is important and all that.

The temporary for Ramsey was the recovery from the career threatening injury he sustained. It took him a long time to recover and get back to his normal game, but now he's back to his best. True enough he needs a few seasons at the top level to prove himself to be a great but I've no doubt he'll get there

Is an excellent excellent player better than a top top player?

Jeez lads steady on! I never said Henderson was as good as Ramsey I merely said comparisons were not delusional.

I thought the tone of the debate was slightly dismissive of Hendersons form this year is all and his potential to develop to a level like Ramsey.

Agreed that if we kept a fit cinfident Ramsey with the form he was in we would be 4/5 points better off.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ramsey had an exceptional 2013, not just a couple of months. He was one of the main reasons for our surge in form that got us 4th last season.

Although considering Ramsey had to start scoring goals before a number of Arsenal fans noticed his form (I recall a few choice comments made about him over the summer), I'm not surprised non Arsenal fans didn't either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Team news from the press conference:

"We have a little doubt about Koscielny, everyone else came back in a good shape"

"Aaron Ramsey is one week away, he should be back for next weekend. Kallstrom as well."

On the challenge to Wilshere "I believe it was accidental and he will be out for six weeks"

On the rumours of financial compensation "Our shock was losing a competitive player, the finance is not my main worry at the moment"

On the FA Cup: "It is one of the priorities, it's very important to come back with a strong response"

On Bayern: "We have to go out there and go for it. We have to be proactive and score goals"

Wenger says that Jack is out for 8 weeks (SS News)
    That usually means we won't see him for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

CatInABox wrote: »
    Team news from the press conference:

"We have a little doubt about Koscielny, everyone else came back in a good shape"

"Aaron Ramsey is one week away, he should be back for next weekend. Kallstrom as well."

On the challenge to Wilshere "I believe it was accidental and he will be out for six weeks"

On the rumours of financial compensation "Our shock was losing a competitive player, the finance is not my main worry at the moment"

On the FA Cup: "It is one of the priorities, it's very important to come back with a strong response"

On Bayern: "We have to go out there and go for it. We have to be proactive and score goals"
    what financial compensation is he talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Andrew Mangan of Arseblog has made an excellent point RE: Ramsey's impending return.
    "Someone showed me a video recently and he was involved in almost everything good that Arsenal did. And since he's been out of the team, they've slowed down. It's like someone took the battery out."
    that last bit is so so true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

From the English FA I assumefor the loss of Wilshere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If a club loses a player to injury on national duty they can get comp from a UEFA fund

http://www.ecaeurope.com/news/european-club-association-reaches-agreement-with-uefa/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Wenger says that Jack is out for 8 weeks (SS News)
    That usually means we won't see him for the rest of the season.

I would guess so too.
    Getting Ramsey back fit is absolutely crucial for the run in.

Using the bibs theory, TV5 is partnering Per tomorrow, Rosicky and Yaya also playing.

Using the bibs theory, TV5 is partnering Per tomorrow, Rosicky and Yaya also playing.

Sagna, Flamini and Ox too.

Sagna, Flamini and Ox too.

Gibbs or Monreal?

Arteta or Ozil?

Gibbs or Monreal?

Arteta or Ozil?

There the only photos showing them wearing the grey bibs. Podolski, Ryo and Gnabry all in the green.

I'd guess:
    Fab
    Sagna Per TV5 Gibbs
    Arteta Flamini
    Ox Ozil Rosicky
    Sanogo

Only change could be santi for rosicky or arteta.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

shano_88 wrote: »
    Yup, the only really good memory of Santos. Who passed the ball out to him in that clip? Cracking pass.

Alex Song, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

We're top of the injury table, I know it's a quick made table but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Diaby is a regular winner of the Balon D'Or in that alternate universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If we took Diaby out of the equation, where would that leave us on the table. He must be skewing the statistics somewhat.

There's no trophies for that though :P

There's no trophies for that though :P

no room in the cabinet, we have enough of these bad boys :pac:

ikcdesignvintagetrophybottlestopper.jpg?w=300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

If we took Diaby out of the equation, where would that leave us on the table. He must be skewing the statistics somewhat.

Sti'll first seems its a point a week for an injured player and were leading the table by 80 or so points!

no room in the cabinet, we have enough of these bad boys :pac:

ikcdesignvintagetrophybottlestopper.jpg?w=300

That's almost as good as the 'Top at Christmas' trophy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Hope we actually look like we give a sh*t today when playing Everton.

The dirt is still in my mouth after that last stoke performance.

Critical part of the season here, win and things might take off again, lose any we are back to square one. Really dont want to draw either.

Really hope we dont look nervous today like we have done in the past a lot when it comes to these kind of games. There can be no excuses for it today this team isn't full of youth some proper experienced internationals who have been here done this before start the game well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

we need to come out strong like vs bayern and vs napoli. shock and awe. no more handbrake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement