Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Are we on the box ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Soups123 wrote: »
    Are we on the box ?

Yep we sure are. ITV1/UTV @12:45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

#Arsenal team to play Everton: Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Sanogo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

#Arsenal team to play Everton: Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Sanogo

I like the attacking side of that team. Hopefully Arteta and Flamini can co-exist today! Wenger really rates Sanogo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I like the attacking side of that team. Hopefully Arteta and Flamini can co-exist today! Wenger really rates Sanogo.

Yeah, hopefully we see a goal from him today to set him up for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wembley here we come!!

arsene-wenger-point.ashx_.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

If Ozil and santi keep this form up we could be back in contention for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If Ozil and santi keep this form up we could be back in contention for the league.

Don't forget the Ox who was also brilliant today, if we could get some more consistency from this team and get them playing like that more often we would be a match for any team.

Problem is lately the team hasn't been clicking hopefully this will spur them on for the massive month ahead.

And Ramsey and the mighty Kallstrom to return!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That's absolutely true. Strangely enough. Fair play to ozil, took a lot of **** and comes up with that performance to answer the boos. I love seeing that., people rising to answer the critics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Good win. Just what we needed too after stoke. Ox has to start more games I think. We need his pace. He was great today.

Is Arteta on the way out? I think he'll need replacing next year.

[quote=

Is Arteta on the way out? I think he'll need replacing next year.[/quote]

Legs appear to be gone or going.

Excellent first and last 30 mins. Some excellent performance

Only negative is that today proves how raw and unready Sanogo is. He just isn't near yet

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Legs appear to be gone or going.

I think he is cooked with this team. He did a great job over the past 3 years but his legs are gone

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think he is cooked with this team. He did a great job over the past 3 years but his legs are gone

Agreed can still do a job for the team but the better the team/ players he comes up against the more he struggles.

Can't be relying on him as much next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

The dressing room will be absolutely buzzing now. Who knows what that'll do for the bayern game. Dare we believe a bit........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Think Arteta struggled since he was being forced to push forward playing next to Flamini. Think we really have to play just one of them, neither really capable of pushing forward really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Vermaelen has all the attributes to play CDM. Good tackler, great passer for a CB, good vision and will make runs into the box. Would definitely think about moving him there full time. He sent a great pass out to the wing to set up the third goal.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Great result, but I refuse to get excited about our chances in the league or CL because of it. One game at a time.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Vermaelen has all the attributes to play CDM. Good tackler, great passer for a CB, good vision and will make runs into the box. Would definitely think about moving him there full time. He sent a great pass out to the wing to set up the third goal.
    He's too kamikaze for me you need pure discipline to play that role for Arsenal

• Advertisement

Missed the game. All over good performance bar Arteta by accounts?

How was Fabianski?

Missed the game. All over good performance bar Arteta by accounts?

How was Fabianski?

Arteta was okay just starting to show the wear and tear, fab did fine not too busy but assured when needed

If they get through I really want City in the final. Not that if we beat them it would be guaranteed, just would be heartbroken to go all the way and lose in the final. Good semi with them with their hard run and let the better team win.

If they get through I really want City in the final. Not that if we beat them it would be guaranteed, just would be heartbroken to go all the way and lose in the final. Good semi with them with their hard run and let the better team win.

I'd like cityin the final if possible as if we get them in the semi the have Liverpool a couple of days afterwards and it would perhaps give pool an advantage. And I've decided I really don't want pool winning the title, their fans On here would be even more irritating and insufferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

how about city lose against wigan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Missed the game today as I was at a funeral.

Great to get a win and from reading the match thread we seem to have played.
    When is the draw for the semi-finals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Missed the game today as I was at a funeral.

Great to get a win and from reading the match thread we seem to have played.
    When is the draw for the semi-finals?

Draw is tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I'd like cityin the final if possible as if we get them in the semi the have Liverpool a couple of days afterwards and it would perhaps give pool an advantage. And I've decided I really don't want pool winning the title, their fans On here would be even more irritating and insufferable.

Fixed your post there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Bayern are tearing Wolfsburg a new one. 6-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Great result, but I refuse to get excited about our chances in the league or CL because of it. One game at a time.

If Ozil. Chamberlain and Cazorla can keep that sort of form up, I'd be confident we'll still have silverware to play for come the end of the season.

3rd and the cup would be an excellent season for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 18 (12)
    Ramsey 13 (8)
    Ozil 6 (4)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Podolski 6 (3)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Arteta 3 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Rosicky 2 (1)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Feels good having a few goals to update after that blank we drew last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Galvasean wrote: »
    Giroud 18 (12)
    Ramsey 13 (8)
    Ozil 6 (4)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Podolski 6 (3)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Arteta 3 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Rosicky 2 (1)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Feels good having a few goals to update after that blank we drew last time.

Ozil?

We have a good squad. Started that game without Kos, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott and Giroud came on.

We are two decent signings away from a special squad.

A young defensive midfielder and a class striker with pace. We would be hugely formidable.

Sanogo is good enough to be a 3rd striker. Giroud and one more to rotate would be delightful.

Arteta and Flamini still have huge roles in this team and squad but we do need the Lars Bender type in there for legs.

Hope Vermaelen stays. Bad mistake today granted but not many better 3rd choice centre halfs about.

Fooker wrote: »
    Ozil?

Forgot to stick his name in bold.

• Advertisement

16 wins in a row for Bayern. That's a Bundesliga record.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26481457

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Looks like both Spurs CB's out for our match next week.

top 4 all but secured now, chelsea running away with it now

Galvasean wrote: »
    16 wins in a row for Bayern. That's a Bundesliga record.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26481457

They're a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

For those that missed the match(like me), full match here:

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/england/fa-cup/arsenal-vs-everton-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

yes get in arsenal well played. why diddnt we play like that last week against the mighty stoke?

3rd and the cup would be an excellent season for me

i reckon we can get 2nd

i reckon we can get 2nd

I like the cut of your jib

I like the cut of your jib

its not a jib its real. 2nd we can get. beat spurs and city and we can get 2nd. title is done and dusted. chelsea have won it

its not a jib its real. 2nd we can get. beat spurs and city and we can get 2nd. title is done and dusted. chelsea have won it

No no I agree with you. The phrase means I like your style

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Good win, can't wait for Ramsey to be back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good win, can't wait for Ramsey to be back

It will take him awhile to get up to the pace of the game i'd imagine.
    He will probably get a few appearances as a substitute before he gets 90 mins.
    Will be a great asset in the run-in and for the Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

It will take him awhile to get up to the pace of the game i'd imagine.
    He will probably get a few appearances as a substitute before he gets 90 mins.
    Will be a great asset in the run-in and for the Cup.

It didn't take the ox long to get back up to speed I'm hoping Ramsey does the same

Much like I didn't agree with the sentiment from some last week that we were now fcuked after that draw the league is far from over far far far from over. City win there games in hand they go top, or we beat Chelsea puts everyone right back in the mix for the title. Still a good few twists and turns left in this title race me thinks.

Much like I didn't agree with the sentiment from some last week that we were now fcuked after that draw the league is far from over far far far from over. City win there games in hand they go top, or we beat Chelsea puts everyone right back in the mix for the title. Still a good few twists and turns left in this title race me thinks.

Agreed. I think we will turn Chelsea over at the Bridge

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement