Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Best chance since Birmingham, hope we can handle the pressure. Expectations are going to be high now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

omega man wrote: »
    This. If we don't win this thing then I'm afraid we won't be seeing a trophy for a long long time. Wish we could play the semi and final this month and just get it done already!!

Yes, Wigan and beat Man City and they will be tough. Yes, we have lost to Blackburn and Bradford in recent seasons, and we'll not mention the Carling Cup final. This, this is MASSIVE. We need to win it so badly, and the FA Cup is still a damn fine trophy to win. They don't call it a double if you win the Coca-Cola/Carling/Capital One Cup that keeps changing it's name - they do if you win the FA Cup.

Win this and be within 5 points of the league title and we will have had a fine year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It's time for the team to deliver. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This is the little break we need to kick start our domination of English football for the next 10 years, when this team tastes success (please god) we will be a different animal altogether :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

One thing in our favour is that we've been really good at beating the smaller teams this season. I think if we win this it would mean more to me than any other trophy i've seen us win. It could really spur us on to bigger things next year. Exciting few months ahead :)

• Advertisement

Christ, I feel sick even thinking about it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We deserve every slagging we get if we dont win this now.

Lads, the problem isn't the smaller teams, it's the letter B:

Birmingham
    Blackburn
    Bradford

We'll be grand, I feel it in my waters :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Raf32 wrote: »
    We deserve every slagging we get if we dont win this now.

Off who? All those other supporters whose team didn't make it this far?
    Balls to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Serious question.... Where does one buy tickets for the Final??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

how about city lose against wigan?

What did I tell ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wigan won at City where we got beaten up badly. Very tough draw.

But suuuurely we can beat them.

Did City rest players with Barca coming up this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Yes. They had a complete 2nd choice back 5 out today Thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Is there any hope in hell getting tickets for the Semi finals at Wembley?

I havent been this happy about football in a long time but we have won nothing yet. Two massive games left. Just want this Munich game out of the way nearly rest a rake of the lads tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

bad2dabone wrote: »
    It's time for the team to deliver. End of.

I'd have to agree with you on that . If arsenal don't win the fa cup they have no excuses .
    I'd say Arsenal fanswould well take coming 4th because of resting players for the two remaining cup games to make sure they win it .

BiTnq_0CAAA5kCz.jpg

Arsenal vs Wigan in the FA Cup semi and the weather is to shine in Ireland this week and I'm on holidays Tuesday - we'll beat Bayern lads!

If we get to the final we should organize a boards trip over to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This together with the Everton performance and result is a huge boost.

We're not out of everything and it's nearly mid march!!!

Fcuk Bayern. It might be unsinkable regardless of how much we up our game. Just beat Spurs and then take it to Chelsea the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Has anyone got any idea what the kick-off time would be if its the sunday semi?

• Advertisement

Messi19 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any idea what the kick-off time would be if its the sunday semi?

The Sunday semi is usually a late kick off . I think it's down to the fact if it's played late you will get more viewers .

The Sunday semi is usually a late kick off . I think it's down to the fact if it's played late you will get more viewers .

I was at the saturday semi last year and that was late too. Just trying to get an idea flights wise

Raf32 wrote: »
    If we get to the final we should organize a boards trip over to it :)

Best post here in a long time-be some craic!

Messi19 wrote: »
    I was at the saturday semi last year and that was late too. Just trying to get an idea flights wise

If I was an arsenal travelling for the game I would consider 11pm flights so you have plenty of time to come home .

Best post here in a long time-be some craic!

100%, be good for everyone to meet up on a good note (hopefully), this is where i do 99% of my arsenal ramblings!

If I was an arsenal travelling for the game I would consider 11pm flights so you have plenty of time to come home .

Seems to be going that way. Saturday game would suit perfect though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

attitude had everything to do with it - this is the biggest game of Wigans season so far, for City they just had to turn up at home. Pellegrini wore a hoodie FFS. I know on the face of it it's a minor thing, but the manager sets a tone, by wearing a casual item like a hoodie he's setting a casual attitude up for his team. Next thing they're two nil down at home to a championship side, and that's difficult to turn around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ye have to be favourites for FA cup now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Am I the only one not giving up on the bayern game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Go Wigan - woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

That was the best fcuking result of the Arsenal season.

I scared the sh*t out of my two young daughters when the final whistle went.

Got to win this bloody thing now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nope im with ya on that one, let's not forget we were the better team until we down to ten men. I'm always the optimist.

Only downer on this weekend for me is the fact were playing Tuesday night and ill be in work my last night before a week off.

Nope. But still dont think we will win the competition even if we progress so thats tempering my optimism.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    attitude had everything to do with it - this is the biggest game of Wigans season so far, for City they just had to turn up at home. Pellegrini wore a hoodie FFS. I know on the face of it it's a minor thing, but the manager sets a tone, by wearing a casual item like a hoodie he's setting a casual attitude up for his team. Next thing they're two nil down at home to a championship side, and that's difficult to turn around.

Spot on. It sends a message of complacency.

I like Pellegrini but he looked like a bad rapper there today with the hoody.

Andrew ‏@Hesfivefootfour 6m
    I can't wait for Drogba to appear Undertaker style during our semi final.

Got a laugh out of this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Spot on. It sends a message of complacency.

I like Pellegrini but he looked like a bad rapper there today with the hoody.

Sometimes worked for Pulis with his cap!

No you're right it's the first thing I noticed when they showed him in the hoodie, looked so out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I have given up on Bayern they a a class above us. Play a 1/2 strength team lose 2-0 and concentrate on Sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

We've gotten Napoli/Dortmund/Marseille group in Champions League, draw Bayern in the round of 16, get Chelsea in the second round of the league cup, and we've had to face Tottenham/Liverpool/Everton in the FA Cup.

If anyone deserves to win this it's us..

Lads, are Long and Jelavic cup tied for Hull?

Lads, are Long and Jelavic cup tied for Hull?

they are indeed :)

• Advertisement

Hull do have a bit of a spurs contingent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

For yer sake.

Just concentrate on Wigan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If When we win the FA cup - will we be the first to do so without playing a game outside London?

We are well gonna get put out now by a Emerson Boyce screamer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Personally think ye can do it, you're better organised than last year.
    People don't need to bring up the 'Pep factor', it's still doable.
    This from a Chelsea fan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It ain't happening, Man City will win.

Unless....

Unless that :pac:

For yer sake.

Just concentrate on Wigan.

True. No harm to wonder though.

Mad to think that the Wigan gang will have more experience playing at Wembley and have won more than our current players since their time at the club. That is probably our best guard against complacency.

Also-a semi final at Wembley will be a huge motivation in terms of places-this should increase competitiveness forthe upcoming big league games.

Mert, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Ox,Cazorla, Giroud among othera dont have the Birmingham debacle hanging over them either.

Would 4th and the cup make only the league winners who would have had a better season than us? No english team will win the Champions league like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

True. No harm to wonder though.

Mad to think that the Wigan gang will have more experience playing at Wembley and have won more than our current players since their time at the club. That is probably our best guard against complacency.

Also-a semi final at Wembley will be a huge motivation in terms of places-this should increase competitiveness forthe upcoming big league games.

Mert, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Ox,Cazorla, Giroud among othera dont have the Birmingham debacle hanging over them either.

In fairness I cant blame any Arsenal fan for being excited.

If ye get to final and its Hull in other side that has the potential to be very tricky cup final.

Ye are worthy favourites though and would be a surprise if ye dont win it, but that has its own little pressure.

In fairness I cant blame any Arsenal fan for being excited.

If ye get to final and its Hull in other side that has the potential to be very tricky cup final.

Ye are worthy favourites though and would be a surprise if ye dont win it, but that has its own little pressure.

Agree completely. Only have to look at last years final as a good example. Thats why I asked if Long and Jelavic were available.

We have to be beating Wigan. They are highly motivated, have this experience and are holders so it does close the gap but no excuses now.

You'll hardly begrudge us a trophy even if it means us going level on FA Cups with ye guys??!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement