Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Why not a pub in dublin? Ya know its in that country we all live in!

1.im from London
    2.so is our team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

blingrhino wrote: »
    After the first penalty was disallowed for " encroachment" by giroud,

He does the same bloody thing for the second :eek:

Every team encroaches. I see it in every game when a penalty is awarded.
    Does Clattenberg pull them up for it?
    No. Only Arsenal.
    He wouldn't do it at OT or SB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

That useless Mike Dean reffing our game Sunday, closest Spurs fan, dont know how he can ref these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Raf32 wrote: »
    That useless Mike Dean reffing our game Sunday, closest Spurs fan, dont know how he can ref these games.

He shouldnt be allowed do Arsenal Spurs games he has had too many howlers I fcukin hate the man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

1.im from London
    2.so is our team :)

But you're posting this on boards.IE....:D

Mike Dean...

Balls...

But IIRC, while he has been terrible in the past, his recent games for us (last 2 years) have been good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

That means one of three things is going to happen:
    1) We will lose
    2) We will have someone sent off
    3) we will lose and have someone sent off

:mad:Mike Dean

Mr Burns shouldn't be let near our games.
    Why have we not objected to this anti-Arsenal prat?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

i couldnt see stoke beating us last week but look what happened.

im done being positive/optimistic.

i'l buy the next 10 people who quote this post a pint of beer at a pub near the emirates come May if we win the fa cup

I'll have my free pint in the Hemingford Arms on Hemingford Road /Offord Road or the Faltering Fullback on Ennis Road.

Large bottle of magners and an FA Cup please jonney.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Mike fcuking dean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMSXyXM_d20x9tG6dWtdh0IE8S4XG7DoTIlVGvWfMebzm0iibh

Odds he refs the cup final if we get there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Mike Dean. Oh no. Most biased ref ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLdMNZR6QDM

This Mike Dean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The main news from the press conference is that Gibbs is out of the game with Vermaelen expected to play at LB.

The main news from the press conference is that Gibbs is out of the game with Vermaelen expected to play at LB.

WTF is wrong with Gibbs this time?
    Talk about being injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He has an ankle knock. Vermaelen v Robben...this may not end well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Our win record with Dean reffing is 15% in the last 20 Pl games he's reffed. If wenger was fergie he'd never ref another arsenal game again. He's a Crook.

He has an ankle knock. Vermaelen v Robben...this may not end well :(

Is Gibbs actually Diaby's little brother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Out of interest does anybody know how the ref's are chosen? Is it a logistical thing or do we know?
    Or does every ref have to referree have to ref a certain number of games for each team.

Out of interest does anybody know how the ref's are chosen? Is it a logistical thing or do we know?
    Or does every ref have to referree have to ref a certain number of games for each team.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/when-are-referees-selected.html

The second last point is interesting.

Really excited about tomorrow for some reason :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Really excited about tomorrow for some reason :)

Nothin' to lose sure.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Nothin' to lose sure.

Thats exactly it, as long as we give a good account of ourselves ill be happy

I think we should keep it tight in the 1st half and see if we can nick a goal, if we do score Bayern would get nervous and as Wenger says they might play with hand-brake and that would work in our favour. If we can't nick a goal in the 1st half, we should go all out in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Thats exactly it, as long as we give a good account of ourselves ill be happy

we were in charge until the peno miss. we're capable, we have done it before over there.
    We know bayern are great, but we've nothing to lose here,were a good team and can rattle them with an early goal and a positive start. they're only 11 dudes. we're got 10 dudes and Giroood. we can do it.

we probably wont but we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Liverpool fan here, just said I'd post this here in case some of ye wanted to see it. One of my favorite players ever with an absolute wand of a right foot on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The thing about tomorrow is that in the last two seasons we've gone out but put in performances that have spurred us on to almost flawless run-ins.

I'd love an awesome run-in right about now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

One to watch tomorrow night after we beat Bayern 3-0. Ten pm itv4 Ian Wright story - http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-03-10/watch-ian-wright-nothing-to-something-on-itv4/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

gosplan wrote: »
    The thing about tomorrow is that in the last two seasons we've gone out but put in performances that have spurred us on to almost flawless run-ins.

I'd love an awesome run-in right about now.

i noticed this before when looking back on it but never mentioned it.
    the 2012 run in is a bit of a myth, it's masked by securing 3rd on the last day away at west brom. It's not as good as last year & arsenal nearly blew it.

in their last 11 games (after beating milan but going of the CL) arsenal picked up 21 points. 6w 3d 2l
    in the last 5 games of that season they only managed 6. 1w 3d 1l
    tottenhams' last 11 games they only picked up 16 points but 10 of those came in their last 5

if arsenal get '12s last 10 games points - 18/30 - not a hope they'll win the league, i doubt they'd even win it with '13s points - 26/30.

also heard an interesting stat on the arsecast last friday, if you exclude the games against the promoted teams, arsenal are a point down on last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

batistuta9 wrote: »
    also heard an interesting stat on the arsecast last friday, if you exclude the games against the promoted teams, arsenal are a point down on last year

Some stats are good some are plain pointless and well stupid, so if we discount points against promoted teams which counts for a potential 18 points in a season were down 1 point on last season shock horror :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Watching that Henry clip I'd say the majority of his goals come from outside the box, strikes from distance, something we rarely see from our team anymore. Every match I watch I'm urging someone on to shoot at times but they seem intent on passing it into the net. Henry was always willing to take a chance.
    Are they instructed to be cautious I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

wonga77 wrote: »
    Watching that Henry clip I'd say the majority of his goals come from outside the box, strikes from distance, something we rarely see from our team anymore. Every match I watch I'm urging someone on to shoot at times but they seem intent on passing it into the net. Henry was always willing to take a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I really don't think that cliche applies too much any more. Cazorla, Arteta, Podolski, Ox, Ramsey and Gnabry are all more than willing to shoot from outside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I really don't think that cliche applies too much any more. Cazorla, Arteta, Podolski, Ox, Ramsey and Gnabry are all more than willing to shoot from outside the box.

http://www.squawka.com/teams/arsenal/stats#total-goals-scored#english-barclays-premier-league#season-2013/2014#64#all-matches#1-28#pitch-view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fair enough. Bayern's is fairly similar to ours though, and they seem to be doing pretty well for themselves :pac:

I still think those players I mentioned shoot more than we used to.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 1h
    Also in here: Arsenal will play Wigan FA Cup semi final on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 1h
    Also in here: Arsenal will play Wigan FA Cup semi final on the Saturday.

Supposedly a 5pm kick off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Shout out for the Ox to be playing as close as possible to Ozil tonight.

Two players who can cause Bayern problems if allowed to attack together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 14h
    Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Gibbs & Szczesny all missing for the trip to Munich. Gonna be really tough to get anything out the game tomorrow.

Surprised this hasn't come up! No Woj, hopefully hes back for the weekend. Fabianski's looked good though tbf to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

AdamD wrote: »
    DC ‏@DeanLDN22 14h
    Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Gibbs & Szczesny all missing for the trip to Munich. Gonna be really tough to get anything out the game tomorrow.

Surprised this hasn't come up! No Woj, hopefully hes back for the weekend. Fabianski's looked good though tbf to him.

Fabianski has been quality anytime recently he's been called upon. Wouldn't worry about that at all. Not worried about Wilshere missing either. Gives Wenger less choice, so starting the ox is more probable which will at least give us an outlet for counters if they present us with any chances to do so tonight.

Gibbs missing is a blow. I thought he was excellent in the first leg the first 20 minutes or so with what was being thrown at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 14h

Szczesny isn't injured, he's suspended.

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 14h

I dont believe Fab is registered to play champions league, I think is Viviano

Soups123 wrote: »
    I dont believe Fab is registered to play champions league, I think is Viviano

Didn't Fabianski come on last match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Is Monreal fit? Or will it be Vermaelan or Sagna at LB?

I must have heard it wrong then, the mentioned it in commentary during the Liverpool match the Fab was in goals but couldnt play on Tuesday and that Arsenal should have given Viviano (if thats how its spelt) the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Szczesny isn't injured, he's suspended.

Oh dear :o

Swiftly moving on..

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Tonight's viewing:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone here know does the tv3 player work like rte player and show live tv?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement