Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Soups123 wrote: »
    I dont believe Fab is registered to play champions league, I think is Viviano

He definitely came on for Szez in the first leg. Knowing arsenal's track record it would be suicide to only register two goalies for the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyone here know does the tv3 player work like rte player and show live tv?

It does ndeed. Just google 'TV2 player live' and it's the first match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Galvasean wrote: »
    It does ndeed. Just google 'TV2 player live' and it's the first match.

Thanks :), that's me doing absolutely no work the first few hours in work tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The game is on tv3! SWEET!!! We only have the Irish channels in work so was planning on streaming it.

Is Trevor Welsh still alive and ruining games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The game is on tv3! SWEET!!!

Think that's the first time anyone has ever said that:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Not sure where all this confusion about who is registered to play as all 3 keepers are registered in the CL.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=52280/index.html

And Fab came on in the first leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Galvasean wrote: »
    He definitely came on for Szez in the first leg. Knowing arsenal's track record it would be suicide to only register two goalies for the CL.

Four goalkeepers are registered for the Champions League according to this - Sczezsny, Viviano, Fabianski and Martinez.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=52280/squad/index.html

But Martinez is on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Had a dream last night that we scored 2 goals and went through on Peno's.
    Also dreamt that I was in a Hot-tub with Jennifer Lawrence...

Not sure which I want to come true :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That’s a tough one!

But Jennifer would understand that Arsenal comes first.

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Pudders wrote: »
    Not sure where all this confusion about who is registered to play as all 3 keepers are registered in the CL.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=52280/index.html

And Fab came on in the first leg.

That was all down to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

33/1 for Arsenal to go through. Come on Arsenal!

Edit: was 33/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Some stats are good some are plain pointless and well stupid, so if we discount points against promoted teams which counts for a potential 18 points in a season were down 1 point on last season shock horror :pac:.

No, the number of points picked up from the other teams is one less than last year.

Not including this year's promoted teams & last year's relegated teams

Maybe you understood that but it's hardly pointless & makes you wonder where had this 'massive improvement' has been

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

batistuta9 wrote: »
    No, the number of points picked up from the other teams is one less than last year.

Not including this year's promoted teams & last year's relegated teams

Maybe you understood that but it's hardly pointless & makes you wonder where had this 'massive improvement' has been

It's a meaningles stat because it presupposes the points picked up against this year's promoted teams don't count. Does it include results against teams that were promoted last year for example or are they left out too? You could utilise all sorts of meaningless stats to make the team look like it hasn't improved and vise versa. Take the stat about us being unbeaten when Kosc and Mert played the full ninety minutes a while ago, completely meaningless because it didn't include games we lost where kosc had been sent off or one of them was substituted but yet it was bandied about in the media like it actually meant something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Kos back in, Podolski in for Flamini ! and Giroud for Sanogo.

Attacking line up with ox playing central presumably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

greendom wrote: »
    Kos back in, Podolski in for Flamini ! and Giroud for Sanogo.

Attacking line up with ox playing central presumably

Flamini not playing, brave decision, suppowe we have nothing to loose

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's a meaningles stat because it presupposes the points picked up against this year's promoted teams don't count. Does it include results against teams that were promoted last year for example or are they left out too? You could utilise all sorts of meaningless stats to make the team look like it hasn't improved and vise versa. Take the stat about us being unbeaten when Kosc and Mert played the full ninety minutes a while ago, completely meaningless because it didn't include games we lost where kosc had been sent off or one of them was substituted but yet it was bandied about in the media like it actually meant something.

Look it is what it is

If you think it's meaningless fine, it's just a stat.
    Its not suppose to include them or the relegated teams, that's the point of it
    How can it be meaningless if it's not suppose to include them?

Its not saying they don't its just comparing results from 2 seasons with same teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Loving that team, at least if we go out we are gonna go down fighting. should be an exciting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just hope we can score first, can see heads dropping if they do. Ozil 18/1 first goalscorer...we can do this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Il be watching this through my hands. Vermaelen left back against Robben/Ribery and one defensive midfielder! Could be ugly, could be fun!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think its gonna be fun no matter what!

• Advertisement

It seems that Per is captaining the side tonight though haven't seen it confirmed yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Look it is what it is

If you think it's meaningless fine, it's just a stat.
    Its not suppose to include them or the relegated teams, that's the point of it
    How can it be meaningless if it's not suppose to include them?

Its not saying they don't its just comparing results from 2 seasons with same teams

It's meaningless because it doesn't really tell us anything imo, the team have clearly improved since last season. Football is not an entirely quantitative entity, stats don't tell the whole story, they don't tell you the manner in which a match was won or how much confidence the team play with etc. Anyway, i think there's a match on soon or something :P

Neuer to get sent off after 20 mins would be nice.

anyone going to throw up a match thread there?? I'm superstitious so not doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anyone here know does the tv3 player work like rte player and show live tv?

ITV available via the filmon website. Don't want anybody having to sit through Trevor Welch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Right I'm getting off the fence and I'm going to call it. Arsenal to win and go through :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'd love to see it and all but it is so hard to find any weaknesses is that Bayern side, so many brilliant players.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's meaningless because it doesn't really tell us anything imo, the team have clearly improved since last season. Football is not an entirely quantitative entity, stats don't tell the whole story, they don't tell you the manner in which a match was won or how much confidence the team play with etc. Anyway, i think there's a match on soon or something :P

It tells us that the points gained against the teams that were in the league last season is 1 less :Pac:
    And makes you think about where that improvement has really come, is it as good as made out etc. We'll see at the end of the season

Of course stats don't tell the whole story, though i thought it was an interesting one

It seems that Per is captaining the side tonight though haven't seen it confirmed yet.

Per has been all but wearing that armband for a good long time now. Superb leader. Could become one of the great captains of this club.

• Advertisement

Was reading on Twitter that during the game against Everton utv commentators mentioned "9 seasons without a trophy" 31 times

Per has been all but wearing that armband for a good long time now. Superb leader. Could become one of the great captains of this club.

Totally agree but Vermaelen is definitely captain tonight...mistake by UEFA on the teamsheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We can't seem to keep possession here at all.
    One way traffic so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

What control from Ox. If he keeps this development up he will be unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Anyone here been to Budapest airport? I'll be flying out from there Sunday and want to try and watch the first half of the Spurs game if possible. Anyone know if there is a pub there that'd be showing it?

i know he's had lackluster games, but Poldi's the kind of guy we need to keep in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Proud of the boys tonight, if not for the red card in the first leg who would have known. Bayern can have all the possession they want, did minimal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Good performance. I'd love to see this team play with:

Woj
    Sagna Mert Kosc Gibbs
    Flamini Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Ox
    Good Striker

could be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hope we have no new injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Man to man excellent effort. The OX is really coming on please god let it continue.

Great effort good performance hitting form at the right time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ox was amazing tonight. Shades of Wilshere vs Barca in 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hope we have no new injuries.

Ozil is injured no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Well played Arsenal. Unlucky in the end, but concentrate now on winning the double.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Ozil is injured no?

a tight hammy, think he'll be ok. hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Did well for ourselves tonight, good result should keep the moral up for the rest of the season. Plus less games for us to play too which should help us if our rival's stay in the CL.

Two things stood out for me tonight that we seriously need to sort out a top class Striker and Defensive Midfielder is a must this Summer, A winger who can cross a ball cause it's been shocking this year. If we get those things sorted we have great enough side there to win things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hopefully we can kick on from this now and finish the season like last year. With Ox fully up to speed and a returning Ramsey, I have every faith it's going to be a good end to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

So thats out of the way now, time to kick on consolidate our league position and win the fa cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Agh, Emirates leg lets us down again. Being unbeaten in Munich 2 seasons in a row is great and all. What could have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Proud of the lads tonight if we put that sort of shift in until the very last game of the season we will be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Thought Poldi did well tonight. It started to look like himself and Giroud were getting back to how they played last year. Would love to see both of them get a bit more consistent service and a bit of time on the pitch together and I'd say the goals would start to flow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Was always going to be a hard task but we acquitted ourselves well tonight. The Ox was immense and Fabianski had another good game bar a dodgy kick out.

Really glad I don't have to support a team that is poisoned by the presence of Robben - what vermin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement