Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

On the plus side isn't it great to have a backup as good as Fab? Can't be easy sitting on yer arse for most of the season and come into a game like that and perform

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

wonga77 wrote: »
    On the plus side isn't it great to have a backup as good as Fab? Can't be easy sitting on yer arse for most of the season and come into a game like that and perform

Genuinely think he's up there as one of the best number 2's in the game and he really should be a starting goalie for someone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wonga77 wrote: »

Flappyhandski is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Looper007 wrote: »
    Did well for ourselves tonight, good result should keep the moral up for the rest of the season. Plus less games for us to play too which should help us if our rival's stay in the CL.

Two things stood out for me tonight that we seriously need to sort out a top class Striker and Defensive Midfielder is a must this Summer, A winger who can cross a ball cause it's been shocking this year. If we get those things sorted we have great enough side there to win things.

Thing is a top class striker wouldn't really have made any difference tonight. How far back did Giroud have to come to try and get service? Even at that I'd say he only got about 10 passes or less tonight. Giroud created what little we did up front tonight, I still think we would do a whole lot better with someone playing off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

That performance tonight can only add to the belief to push on this season. Glad spurs have a European (ish) game on Thursday to even things out on the tiredness stakes.

Delighted fab saved that peno in what's probably his last cl game for the arsenal.

Oh and I hate robben :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just shows the team can step up in a big match when they want to, they just need to get over whatever that mental block is they have when it comes to doing it against the likes of United or Chelsea in the league. Maybe it's because there was effectively no expectation or pressure on them tonight. Hopefully they can take tonight on board and gain a bit of momentum in the league again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

omega man wrote: »
    Oh and I hate robben :mad:

ibcyNLRzL8xTkh.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

With the team we had for availability I thought we did very very well.

No complaints, heads high and let's move on in this death run. It has started off much more respectable than the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Unbeaten so far in March :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just shows the team can step up in a big match when they want to, they just need to get over whatever that mental block is they have when it comes to doing it against the likes of United or Chelsea in the league. Maybe it's because there was effectively no expectation or pressure on them tonight. Hopefully they can take tonight on board and gain a bit of momentum in the league again now.

I think we looked tight until we scored. Then the "handbrake" was off.

I think it's important for this team to score early in these games for belief. Once they score once they feel like they can do it again. Which ups tempo like magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I think Fabianski is leaving for first team football in the summer, isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Kos and his giving of penalties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

bad2dabone wrote: »
    ibcyNLRzL8xTkh.gif

You can see him absorb the minimal contact and then go down a second later. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 18 (12)
    Ramsey 13 (8)
    Podolski 7 (3)
    Ozil 6 (4)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Arteta 3 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Rosicky 2 (1)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Just the one today, but one more than I was expecting TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

For anyone interested

filmon.com (ITV4) are showing a documentary on Ian Wright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil injury is bad, out for a good few weeks, damn!

T-K-O wrote: »
    For anyone interested

filmon.com (ITV4) are showing a documentary on Ian Wright

I saw that a while back - Nothing to Something - excellent and a bit of a tear jerker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ozils injury is looking likely to be worse than expected unsuprisingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I saw that a while back - Nothing to Something - excellent and a bit of a tear jerker.

Indeed. I just came across it and had no prior knowledge of his upbringing, powerful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Really need Ramsey back.

At least we have less games to worry about now.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ozil injury is bad, out for a good few weeks, damn!

Bad hamstring tear apparently :( :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why always us?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Arrrghh not another feckin injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ozil fuxked too

The knives are out from journalists for Ozil again, pathetic. Obviously had their stories written at half time before the injury was confirmed, always need to have an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just seen that we only had 6 subs. Miyaichi travelled to Munich only for Arsenal to then realise that he was not eligible. Thats pretty embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The knives are out from journalists for Ozil again, pathetic. Obviously had their stories written at half time before the injury was confirmed, always need to have an agenda.

Was reading some of the hachett jobs
    Disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Daily Fail hack Neil Ashton says he's "nicking a living" and the Mirror go with this back page:

BievM12CMAAiHLe.jpg

Bunch of absolute cünts.

Yeah even Hartson had a go at him on the BBC's text commentary. Please let Rambo be back for Sunday. The cupboard is getting very bare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Good performance. They dominated the ball but never cut us open and we had potential on the break. Our defence was very good again.

Wouldn't fault Wenger for the line up but ya could see for their goal the lack of defensive mindedness in Ox, Cazorla and Pod.

Ox - amazing. Potential - scary.

Ozil injury a horrible blow. But it is no way critical. We have players to replace him due to numbers in that position. In terms of importance our two centre backs followed by Giroud are our priorities. We have to win Sunday. And in an ideal world get Ramsey, Gibbs and Kallstrom on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

English press are a disgrace tbh.
    These reporters just write garbage so the site will get more clicks.
    How is Ozil supposed to make any impact on a game when we barely had the ball in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Why has the press got something agaisn't Arsenal?
    Is it really they want Wenger to fail but they big up City and Chelsea who only got to those positions to massive wealth from their owners.

I never understand it. Pity on Ozil hopefully it ain't too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wouldn't worry about the hack journo's.

A randomer on twitter with a "ITK' after his name knows as much about football as they do. Blogs are where it's all at.

Roll on the weekend!

Why has the press got something agaisn't Arsenal?
    Is it really they want Wenger to fail but they big up City and Chelsea who only got to those positions to massive wealth from their owners.

I never understand it. Pity on Ozil hopefully it ain't too long.

Going out on a limb here but it may have something to do with the fact that we were probably the first team in the history of the English League to field a full team without an English player on the pitch.
    Since then the media always seem to have some gripe with whatever Wenger does and the club in general.

Maybe if we let Usmanov take over with his billions and let him shell out half a billion pounds on players over the next few years we might just gain some respect off them.
    As that seems to be the way forward.

I wouldn't worry about the hack journo's.

A randomer on twitter with a "ITK' after his name knows as much about football as they do. Blogs are where it's all at.

Roll on the weekend!

Agreed. We really need to stop worrying about what people think/say about us. They do it for other teams too we just don't pay attention to it as we are less sensitive and aware of it. Papers sensationalise no matter what - it's not some clandestine anti-Arsenal operation.

Some people seem to have a certain respect for John Cross but he's as bad as the rest of them. He's also always patting himself on the back about any story he manages to get right whilst completely ignoring all the shit he gets wrong.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mesut-ozil-looks-lost-arsenal-3232106

Arsenal man John Cross on the match tonight. Not exactly different to the rest. Just shows the media up for what it is and how it works.

Same for all - we cant say we are picked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Injuries have killed us this season.

I don't know enough about it to blame the medical staff. Other teams like Utd have been crippled with them for the last couple of years too.

All I will say is that missing Ozil, Walcott and Ramsey is a joke.

gosplan wrote: »
    Injuries have killed us this season.

I don't know enough about it to blame the medical staff. Other teams like Utd have been crippled with them for the last couple of years too.

All I will say is that missing Ozil, Walcott and Ramsey is a joke.

Well we got Ramsey back hopefully we can hold out. we should be good enough really to beat Spures and Swansea with the squad we have. Chelsea is another step up though.

The loss of Walcott and Ramsey has cost us at least six points so far this season I reckon.

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    The loss of Walcott and Ramsey has cost us at least six points so far this season I reckon.

possibly but let's not make excuses every big team goes through these injuries to big players. Still come through the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Its amazing how selective perception works especially with football fans. How was the ref going to ignore the fact Kos kicked Robbens ankle and knocked him over? Ref was only 7 yards away. Now I will concede that this isn't always given but how that makes Robben 'vermin' is beyond me.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Its amazing how selective perception works especially with football fans. How was the ref going to ignore the fact Kos kicked Robbens ankle and knocked him over? Ref was only 7 yards away. Now I will concede that this isn't always given but how that makes Robben 'vermin' is beyond me.

Pretty selective from you as well it seems.
    You've already forgotten about his blatant dive earlier in the match to try win a penalty.

TBH Boskowski someone has to fart within 20 metres of Robben and he hits the ground like he's been shot with a dumdum bullet from a snipers rifle.

Koscielny did himself no favours getting so close to him but his diving makes him a cheat in my books and I can fully understand people calling him names like vermin because cheating behaviour like diving is ruining the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AdorablePastConch.gif

Selective memories alright

AdamD wrote: »
    AdorablePastConch.gif

Selective memories alright

And your point is? The fact this one doesn't look like a penalty has absolutely no meaning with regards to the other one.

And on a side note while it doesn't look like anything its impossible to tell from this angle whether he clipped his leg or not. In fairness to Robben, while he goes down easily when clipped or brushed (which I don't condone) I don't remember out and out dives from him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

And your point is? The fact this one doesn't look like a penalty has absolutely no meaning with regards to the other one.

And on a side note while it doesn't look like anything its impossible to tell from this angle whether he clipped his leg or not. In fairness to Robben, while he goes down easily when clipped or brushed (which I don't condone) I don't remember out and out dives from him.
    Ah come on, he has a huge reputation for diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

possibly but let's not make excuses every big team goes through these injuries to big players. Still come through the other side.

We've been hit really bad this year though. I wonder how the game would have gone tonight had the injury count been reversed. Guardiola had a full panel to choose from tonight. Have we ever had a full panel to choose from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

You mean selective like with a different referee Schweinsteiger shouldn't have been on the pitch after his yellow card for his tackle on Ox in the first half and his late tackle on Giroud from behind after the whistle went in the second half?

I don't remember out and out dives from him.

I like this one especially.

miss.gif

Look we're football fans and won't ever agree on this. If tonight's roles were reversed you'd be giving out about the Podolski push and you'd be calling the Robben penalty 'clear cut'. Thats just the way it is.

None of it matters anyway, Bayern were in full control of this at all stages and the better team went through. The rest is just noise and will be forgotten next week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement