Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Arteta has gone to dogs...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

**** like this happens, it's how they bounce on from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I had a ****e steam for the entire 2nd half and missed the 1st completely. Honestly cant say who play well and who didnt.

From what I did see Arteta looked well off the boil.

Snappin' at Flamini for being an idiot and for Sagna for forgetting how to defend.

2 points dropped that we could have easily won. Though City drew here so maybe Im being harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We held the lead for less than 2 minutes :mad::mad:
    How often has that happened to us?
    Dire performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Such a pity to drop points, after taking the lead we really should have been able to hold onto it for longer than 2 minutes. It was only a matter of time before we dropped some points, confident of a big bounce back this weekend.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hopefully city and Chelsea draw on Monday and we stuff palace on Sunday. Could be top again this time next week.

No excuse for that tonight though, brutal first half and fell asleep after second goal. Not good enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Disaster. Terrible result given our crazy tough fixtures ahead, we needed to win that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Disappointing result really as Chelsea and Spures went there and beat them. What fool Flamini is, let his team mates down badly with that silly tackle.

By the way Houghton was part of the Liverpool side from 89 so what do you expect from him. all of those lads hate Arsenal with a passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sh1te first half performance. Why does it always take us until the second half to play any sort of decent football. Fuming over that result and some of the refereeing :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Whats the deal with Pod, its like Wenger does be trying to piss him off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Soups123 wrote: »
    **** like this happens, it's how they bounce on from here

Exactly this.

A nice big Draxler shaped signing before Friday would be a great lift!!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

What the hell is Wenger doing with Podolski?!?

He should of been on for Santi early in the second half

We missed Wilshire big time tonight as well as Ramsey. Monreal was shocking at times as was Arterta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

It's not a disaster, the team didn't lose. Poor performance but hopefully they'll learn from it.

Anybody see that run Ozil went on, reminded me Ronaldo. He was immense in the second half, nearly carried our midfield single handily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

jonny666 wrote: »
    Exactly this.

A nice big Draxler shaped signing before Friday would be a great lift!!

If you said to me before the game a draw and a draxler signing I would have taken it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Top of the league and home to Palace next.

Southampton were excellant tonight as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Not a disaster. I think the consensus on here beforehand was that this would be a very tough game and so it proved.

I am at a loss to see why people query us starting poorly at times. It's because we are not let. Southampton pressed us relentlessly and we couldnt deal with it. United did the same. It's not difficult set up against this Arsenal team.

The issue is teams cant keep it up so if you stay level or get ahead you kill them. We got ahead and should have easily held on but conceded way too soon. Good to see Ozil release the handbrake. Our goal now has to be top after Chelsea play City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Looper007 wrote: »
    We missed Wilshire big time tonight as well as Ramsey. Monreal was shocking at times as was Arterta.

I thought Ramsey was supposed to be on the bench today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We held the lead for less than 2 minutes :mad::mad:
    How often has that happened to us?
    Dire performance.

not at all this season, I'd wager

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Anybody see that run Ozil went on, reminded me Ronaldo. He was immense in the second half, nearly carried our midfield single handily!

He had that swivel turn back which confused players a whole load while at real returning there tonight. Had the Southampton lads completely confused at times as to which way he was going.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

greendom wrote: »

Everton was the only other time I think. very similar matches overall.

gebbel wrote: »
    It's not a disaster, the team didn't lose. Poor performance but hopefully they'll learn from it.

I agree, we played awful but we still got something out of it. It reminded me of the West Brom draw early in the season. Just seen as all of those big games coming up dropping points at a place are rival's beat them (Chelsea won very comfortably a few weeks back there).

Wilshire was a big miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 14 (10)
    Ramsey 13 (8)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Ozil 5 (4)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Podolski 5 (3)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Rosicky 1 (0)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Just as well Cazorla is picking up some goal slack with Theo out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Lallana would be a great signing he even has a foreign sounding name to keep Wenger happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Bit of a deflating result that, a game we should have won Southamptons form has been dire recently.

Two points badly dropped were now relying on other teams to fcuk up.

But not over yet, Palace next.

gandalf wrote: »
    I thought Ramsey was supposed to be on the bench today.

He was but didn't pass the fitness test sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Ozil was class second half - that's the player we were buying.

I think Podolski is still not fully fit - saw on Twitter that someone said the Assistant German Coach said as much but can't find it. Wenger always speaks so highly of him so would be surprised if he is trying to "piss him off."

We really, REALLY missed Rosicky tonight, if we'd him instead of Arteta he could have made all the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

jonny666 wrote: »
    Southampton were excellant tonight as well

Yep they are a very handy team with an excellent manager.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »

Everton goal came pretty quick after we scored to take the lead. Not as poor concentration wise to concede though.

We dropped points because of our midfiled tonight. Cannot expect our back four to cope if they are not getting the cover from runners entering the box.

Yeah Jack was badly missed, Flamini and Arteta together is not a viable option for me, should be one or the other with Jack or Rambo next to them.

Obviously injuries played a part tonight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hope it doesn't knock our confidence ahead of the pool and United games.

Poor performances from both full-backs, Cazorla, Arteta, Flamini and a bad mistake from Chez though he did redeem himself somewhat in the second half.

Wenger needs to infuse a bit of passion into this team. That first half was as bad as i have seen from any Arsenal team in years.

A big signing would give them a fillip but I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

must say, Ozil was the business tonight.

also Giroud, defensively as good as kos or mert this evening.

but i'm feeling a little gutted at the dropped points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What games is Flamini missing?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah Jack was badly missed, Flamini and Arteta together is not a viable option for me, should be one or the other with Jack or Rambo next to them.

Obviously injuries played a part tonight though.

Anytime both Flamini and Arterta play together it ends badly for us. They don't work well enough. Rosicky would have been perfect for this game, he was missed as well.

I'm surprised no one is Flamini are slagging here. That was a silly and needless tackle from him.

What games is Flamini missing?

Palace, the pool and United? Not sure though.

Its typical that Southamptons best performance in a while had to come against us. Still gutted over the result but at least we weren't beaten it shows the team have a real knack of grinding out a result with theres backs against the wall (10 men)

Chuffed with Ozil in the second half, he was unbelievable, right out of the top drawer this lad is and is going to be vital for us in the run in!

Anytime both Flamini and Arterta play together it ends badly for us. They don't work well enough. Rosicky would have been perfect for this game, he was missed as well.

I'm surprised no one is Flamini are slagging here. That was a silly and needless tackle from him.

It's Flamini though, it's like asking a horny dog not to mount a cushion.

• Advertisement

Poor performances from both full-backs, Cazorla, Arteta, Flamini and a bad mistake from Chez though he did redeem himself somewhat in the second half.

Wenger needs to infuse a bit of passion into this team. That first half was as bad as i have seen from any Arsenal team in years.

A big signing would give them a fillip but I can't see it happening.

this team has lots of passion tonight was just a tough game. It doesn't need a signing to get a lift as they should the last 7 games .

There will be lots of twist and turns over the next 10 weeks and who deals best on the bounce will take the league.

Let's not get too down about it, we weren't beaten that's the plus from the game.

HazDanz wrote: »

Haha very good comparison

HazDanz wrote: »

He's one of ore senior players, a bit more common sense would have come in handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arteta was really off his game and that was really stupid from Flamini. What happened in the first half ? We could have been 2 or more down and had we been playing a direct competitor the game would have been over. Something was amiss tonight and their equaliser was the epitomy of that.

Hopefully that was a one off and we've got that poor performance out of our system before the really tough run starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ramsey out for another 6 weeks now. Need to get a few in now

Soups123 wrote: »
    this team has lots of passion tonight was just a tough game. It doesn't need a signing to get a lift as they should the last 7 games .

There will be lots of twist and turns over the next 10 weeks and who deals best on the bounce will take the league.

I didn't notice much passion in that first half.
    I saw players losing the ball in tackles and just standing there instead of trying to tackle and retrieve it. Second half was much better.

We badly lacked a bit of pace tonight. Killed on the counter cause we couldn't keep up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't think Arteta should play against teams who press well. He was great against the likes of Liverpool with their slow midfield but has been heavily exposed against Soton/United/Dortmund/Everton. Definitely an area which needs addressing long term

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

It seems Rambo has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a tendon problem....Empire strikes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement