Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Paulegend wrote: »
    to be fair if ye match liverpools results ye will finish below them

And if we get better results we finish above them

Your making a pretty stupid point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

3rd or 4th, don’t really care – if we get CL football again next year, win the FA cup it’ll have been a good season.

Add in the bonus that is United’s season and sure everyone’s happy.

If Liverpool do win the league it will be some achievement – swapping 7th for 1st.
    But for me Man U swapping 1st for 7th is more enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

And if we get better results we finish above them

Your making a pretty stupid point

and if ye lose every single game united would pass ye out

if your missing my point you should re-read what you said

"We can still win the thing esp of Liverpool can"

that implies ye have just as much chance of winning it than liverpool. which ye do not. liverpool have a slight edge on ye and their GD almost counts as a point in itself. ye need an extra point to over take liverpool.

paddypower agrees whole heartedly with me.

but im not here to take the piss. im not here to have a go or anything. in fact i almost agree with you. i dont see a reason ye cant win it.

20/1 compared to liverpools 13/2 is a HUGE difference in pricing though

so im actually throwing a few quid on ye winning it.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    3rd or 4th, don’t really care – if we get CL football again next year, win the FA cup it’ll have been a good season.

Add in the bonus that is United’s season and sure everyone’s happy.

If Liverpool do win the league it will be some achievement – swapping 7th for 1st.
    But for me Man U swapping 1st for 7th is more enjoyable.

i think we will all find common ground in that :D

so im actually throwing a few quid on ye winning it.

Don't put the mortgage on it, Chelsea have the advantage by a mile and are in form and have a nearly full panel to pick from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

BloodBath wrote: »
    You have 0 chance of beating City.

They said the same thing about Wigan chief....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

fas cup win and CL football and i take that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

keano_afc wrote: »
    They said the same thing about Wigan chief....

twice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm not trying to troll. Just being realistic. I'd sooner see you guys win the league than them but it's not going to happen.

Luckily Mourinho is going to sew things up. Anything to stop city or especially Liverpool winning it and I'll be happy.

1. Chelsea
    2. City
    3. Liverpool
    4. Arsenal
    5. United
    6. Spurs
    7. Everton

You think United are going to finish ahead of Everton and Spurs. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

paddypower agrees whole heartedly with me.
    That's purely because there are always stupid Liverpool fans who "believe" enough to go in and put down significant money on it. The odds are calculated using many factors, and how much money is placed on the bet is a large consideration and does skew the odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Liverpool pass us out for the first time in months on goal difference and they think their a shoe in for third :D

Quazzie wrote: »
    You think United are going to finish ahead of Everton and Spurs. :rolleyes:

Maybe next year. Next year it's all going to be better, they're signing cavani and kroos and vidal and pogba and Elvis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

We're still going to win more trophies than ye lot this year.

Don't put the mortgage on it, Chelsea have the advantage by a mile and are in form and have a nearly full panel to pick from

yea but a loss to arsenal and liverpool and they fall behind both (assuming they both win their games in hand)

if cardiff are still in with a chance of survival on the last day they will make hard work for chelsea in cardiff.

then a couple of tough niggly games away to villa the weekend and swansea and palace. along with stoke and sunderland hopefully parking the bus in the bridge.

of course arsenal and liverpool will probably drop points but at 20/1 i wouldnt be overly convinced that chelsea will have a smooth road to the premiership.

i dont really bet big though. ill probably throw a tenner on each way. so if arsenal finish 1st ill grab €270 and if they finish 2nd ill get myself about 60ish quid. be grand fro a few pints on the final day of the season.

i have a few arsenal mates. the brother and my cousin. so if arsenal or liverpool win it we will be out celebrating. im kinda hoping for a 1-2 either way. lets just say we wont be seen for a week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:pac::pac: I always love how some rival fans come in spout absolute horse shiit but try pretend there here in peace and for an intelligent discussion and slowly but surely there posts deteriorate to posts like this :D

• Advertisement

:pac::pac: I always love how some rival fans come in spout absolute horse shiit but try pretend there here in peace and for an intelligent discussion and slowly but surely there posts deteriorate to posts like this :D

It's delicious to see them crack

So you can give but not take a bit of banter. I see.

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

TaTdV.gif?news

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's purely because there are always stupid Liverpool fans who "believe" enough to go in and put down significant money on it. The odds are calculated using many factors, and how much money is placed on the bet is a large consideration and does skew the odds.

yea your right. but that only skew's the odds for so long. results and form have more of a long term effect on betting odds. arsenal have a reputation for fading away. rightly or wrongly. but that reputation along with injuries to key players results against teams in difficult spells of the year and up coming fixtures, see arsenal as the outsiders for the title.

really it means f*ck all.

arsenal do what needs to be done and thats all that will matter.

fact is liverpool have a better chance of winning said title than arsenal.

that could be because they have more home games left than you lot

it could be because liverpools difficult games are split up and not in the space of a couple of weeks

it could be because unlike "stupid Liverpool fans who "believe" enough to go in and put down significant money on it", your lot do not believe
    Liverpool pass us out for the first time in months on goal difference and they think their a shoe in for third :D

because GD doesnt matter?? city won the league on GD

f*ck 3rd. liverpool can finish in the top 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

This place is gone to the dogs, we don't crash Liverpool or United threads spouting manure, so why does it happen in here?

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    This place is gone to the dogs, we don't crash Liverpool or United threads spouting manure, so why does it happen in here?

jesus the days of banter are whats gone to the dogs. grow up kid its football its just a game.

you cant even slate a player or apparently give betting odds without "ruining a football discussion"

if you are so sensitive your in the wrong place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

jesus the days of banter are whats gone to the dogs. grow up kid its football its just a game.

you cant even slate a player or apparently give betting odds without "ruining a football discussion"

Come in here with some decent talk and we'll be more receptive. All you've posted is mindless crap.

In your opinion.

In mine I think ye are going to drop 9+ points in the next 5 games and haven't a hope of winning the league based on the form of Chelsea and City and the fact that half your midfield is injured.

Come in here with some decent talk and we'll be more receptive. All you've posted is mindless crap.

i just added in to an ongoing debate

what i said was relevant

if you cant see how i was adding then maybe the problem isnt me?

stop being so sensitive in here ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've no problem with a bit of banter here and there.
    But when posters come in and spout nothing but bull**** just to get a rise out of people then its becomes an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

38394283.jpg

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I've no problem with a bit of banter here and there.
    But when posters come in and spout nothing but bull**** just to get a rise out of people then its becomes an issue.

well i hope your not talking about what i said because if so its more a sensitivity thing than me looking for a rise

jesus im backing ye ffs

To be honest I only felt the need to post when I saw this when ye aren't out of the woods yet.
    gosplan wrote: »
    I really don't like to slag the positions of other clubs but enjoy watching Man U in the Europa league next season ... if you make it.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

So please don't cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

i just added in to an ongoing debate

what i said was relevant

if you cant see how i was adding then maybe the problem isnt me?

stop being so sensitive in here ffs

Plenty of opposition fans in here are perfectly alright, and we get along fine with them. Therefore the problem most certainly is you.

• Advertisement

I love how people try to disguise there shiit talk as banter I have "banter" with friends people generally come in here for discussion, you want banter go the humour thread.

Also banter is generally said in a nudge nudge wink style not spreading your ass cheeks bending over and spraying all over the screen ;). That's not aimed at you solely but some posters who come in here and label there posts "banter".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ever notice how white people have names like Lenny, and black people have names like Karl?

Back on topic Im actually very confident about the Spurs game. Dont rate Sherwood at all and they have to play Benfica on Thursday.

Team
    Woj
    Sagna Per Kos Gibbs
    Flamini Arteta
    Ox Rosicky Podolski
    Giroud

Vermaelen for Gibbs if hes not back.

And hopefully we will have Cazorla, Ramsey and Gnabry to come off the bench. Such a pity Ozil is out. I feel like he could have a field day vs them.

To be honest I only felt the need to post when I saw this when ye aren't out of the woods yet.

So please don't cry.

Who do you support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

What this Liverpool fan's getting ahead of themselves. You know it's not going to end well for them :D.

Anyway back on subject

What does everyone think of Mathieu Flamini's First season back at Arsenal?

Who do you think will be let go during the summer?

Is it not obvious?

Is it not obvious?

Sadly for your fellow United fans it is.

Looper007 wrote: »

What does everyone think of Mathieu Flamini's First season back at Arsenal?

Who do you think will be let go during the summer?

I think Flamini has been great. Great to have him back he's a fighter. I was a doubter before he signed but I think he's a great bloke now.
    I think fabi, verm, and maybe poldi will be off all looking for regular first team football. I'll be sad to lose them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Could all the bullsh1tting intruders feck off back to their own forums now please.
    Your dinners are ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think Flamini has been great. Great to have him back he's a fighter. I was a doubter before he signed but I think he's a great bloke now.
    I think fabi, verm, and maybe poldi will be off all looking for regular first team football. I'll be sad to lose them.

I have a feeling Poldi could have a major part to play in our season's end. And could stay as a result. If we're looking at the likes of Griezmann though it could be in the club's interest to sell him. So I don't really know !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Could all the bullsh1tting intruders feck off back to their own forums now please.
    Your dinners are ready.
    Ok :( I thought we were friends, guess ye still havent got over opening day :pac:

I want poldi to stay, I love that howitzer of a left foot he has

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

So who thinks an FA cup and CL qualification would be a decent return on the season? I for one would settle for that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Any official news from the club on how long Ozil will be out for. I have a feeling we may not see him again this season

I think it's fair to say Fab and Verm will be gone. Doubt either won't be picked up by big clubs especially Verm. I think Poldi will stay to be fair, will be agreat squad player and will be used fairly. He's never going to be a first teamer all the time will be like Wiltord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ok :( I thought we were friends, guess ye still havent got over opening day :pac:

I think we got revenge at your place :D

So who thinks an FA cup and CL qualification would be a decent return on the season? I for one would settle for that now.

No I want to win the league/cup double . I won't settle for anything less and any fan shouldn't settle for just that. I be disappointed seen as it's still open to win both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Leaving all of the crap here to one side, of more interest is our Champions League ranking for next year.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/

We are currently 7th, last updated on 3/3 so we don't get many points for last night.

However, of the teams above us, one of them Utd., is unlikely to qualify for next year's Champions League (little possibility of 4th or of winning the thing) which means we are effectively 6th. All the rest - Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea, Benfica will easily qualify.

Of those behind us, Athletico Madrid will pass us out having won last night, putting us back down to effective 7th.

Most of the rest of them will depend on picking up points in the Europa League to pass us out. Porto would need to win it I think to gain enough points to pass us out (but they are only third in Portugal). Valencia would then be the ones to watch (but they might not qualify in Spain) - a final between Valencia and Porto could have us in trouble in the rankings. The only other possibility is Schalke overturning their deficit to Madrid and winning the CL.

To sum up, it is only an unlikely combination of events that will deny us a top seed ranking next year. The best outcome would be for Dortmund to win the CL and take up 8th place in the ranking behind us (don't think there are enough points to overhaul us) and Benfica to win the Europa as they are already ahead of us as that would mean only the French superclubs being the ones to avoid in the draw next year.

City (19th), Spurs (18th), and Liverpool, some way off the pace in 32nd won't bother us for a few years yet. In fact, Liverpool would be below 40, maybe even 50, if it wasn't for the ranking points that ourselves and the other English clubs have picked up in the Champions League over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Looper007 wrote: »
    No I want to win the league/cup double . I won't settle for anything less and any fan shouldn't settle for just that. I be disappointed seen as it's still open to win both.

Of course I want that double, but my point is that as a minimum I'd be happy with the cup.

Realistically I don't believe we are good enough to win the league.

Of course I want that double, but my point is that as a minimum I'd be happy with the cup.
    Realistically I don't believe we are good enough to win the league.

Same here, but with some key additions we're not far off. Problem is Chelsea will invest in a new striker this summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement