Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Is anybody thinking about trying to get tickets to the semi-final or dare I say it, the final? Will it be impossible to get them?

I looked into the price of final tickets just to see.

500 for ticket and hotel for the night with Abbey travel. It's very expensive but I will be tempted if we make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Twitter says 4weeks for Ozil.

Twitter hey?!

Two weeks is never two weeks when it's Arsenal. So I was not expecting Ozil back so soon. I hope that Ramsey and Kallstrom will be ready soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

shano_88 wrote: »

500 for ticket and hotel for the night with Abbey travel. It's very expensive but I will be tempted if we make it.

How much are the tickets to buy on their own? That sounds very expensive

You can currently get flights for the semi final (arrive 7:40am Sat morning, leave London 11:10am the next day) for €62. Add a cheap £80 hotel to that for the night and it's not bad at all assuming the tickets aren't gonna cost a fortune.

Edit: Oh I just noticed you were looking at the Final! Have kind of tempted myself into going to the semi now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

season over

How?
    There's loads of games left :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

shano_88 wrote: »

Expensive alright but seriously tempting! Though €600 to see us lift a trophy after so long doesn't seem that bad when you think about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'd pay 500 for a cup final no bother, been waiting long enough to get to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You really do have to wonder about our medical record, it is strange we seem to suffer so many injuries and long term injuries at that is it just bad luck or a problem with the training, or our recovery methods etc.

I know we have a really impressive medical centre one of the best in sports that cost a lot of money and some really highly regarded staff such as O Driscoll who we lured away from the Ireland and Lions medical set up.

I'm sure the club has looked at it but it is a bit baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You really do have to wonder about our medical record, it is strange we seem to suffer so many injuries and long term injuries at that is it just bad luck or a problem with the training, or our recovery methods etc.

I know we have a really impressive medical centre one of the best in sports that cost a lot of money and some really highly regarded staff such as O Driscoll who we lured away from the Ireland and Lions medical set up.

It's been said a lot that we go extra hard in training to allow us to keep the energy levels up for longer. The downside seems to be longer recovery time when injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I was gonna say 'smaller bodied players' but Diaby is a big heifer and is constantly injured.
    Are there any hard/fast or stats/research floating about with the various EPL clubs' long term injuries lists over the past few years? Do we get more than our fair share or does it just seem that way?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's been said a lot that we go extra hard in training to allow us to keep the energy levels up for longer. The downside seems to be longer recovery time when injured.

Yea I've seen that but I don't it just doesn't sound right imo. Even if it is true surely the long term injuries we suffer far outweigh the benefits given the key players we have been missing this season.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    I was gonna say 'smaller bodied players' but Diaby is a big heifer and is constantly injured.
    Are there any hard/fast or stats/research floating about with the various EPL clubs' long term injuries lists over the past few years? Do we get more than our fair share or does it just seem that way?

If I remember correctly someone posted a link the other week which had us top, but I'd say Diaby skews the figure a good bit be interesting to see were we would be if he were to be excluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Spurs losing 0-1 at home to Benfica and playing terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

DenMan wrote: »

Hopefully they play Naughton on Sunday...he's useless. Ox could have a field day against him.

Ha ha poor old Tiger Tim eh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

hey you leave Tim "The Gooner" Sherwood alone!

He's one of us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its Agent Tim to you.

AdamD wrote: »
    Its Agent Tim to you.

He's doing a wonderful job! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Go Benfica!!!

He's doing a wonderful job! :D

two nil now!! Agent Tim take a bow!

109 MILLION!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    two nil now!! Agent Tim take a bow!

109 MILLION!

Rats missed it! Well done Benfica!

Erikson just scored a cracking free kick. 1-2 to benfica.

If Benfica aren't careful they could end up drawing this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

1-3 get in

1-3. He fairly rifled that one in!

Agent Sherwood you're making it too obvious!

Per is 9/1 anytime goalscorer at the weekend, Vertonghen just cannot be bothered to defend anymore - I think it's worth a bet.

No handshake at full time from Sherwood! The BBC are saying he just turned and went down the tunnel! That's just disrespectful imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Agent Sherwood you're making it too obvious!

haha

No handshake at full time from Sherwood! The BBC are saying he just turned and went down the tunnel! That's just disrespectful imo!

Ah give the man a break, You'd be pissed off too if the whole world was finding out that you're ****e at your job.

Jasus lads air on the side of caution until we play them at least.

Also this is the Arsenal thread ;).

Pop into the Spurs forum, its hilarious.

Kinda reminds me of here when we lose :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Jeez lads can we wait to see how sunday goes. Its a NLD, anything can happen. Its a game they can lift for. Thats the only Spurs game I care about this year so far. Have to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭ronjo

Jeez lads can we wait to see how sunday goes. Its a NLD, anything can happen. Its a game they can lift for. Thats the only Spurs game I care about this year so far. Have to win.

They will be giving us grief if we beat them anyway Johnny. May as well enjoy watching them floundering on the small stage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Lads, can anyone recommend a good Arsenal pub in London to watch the game on Sunday?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

haha how many times has wenger not shaken hands with other managers after final whistle.....off the top of my head at least 5 times!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

bangkok wrote: »
    haha how many times has wenger not shaken hands with other managers after final whistle.....off the top of my head at least 5 times!!

And in fairness to Sherwood, the other manager was slagging the Tottenham bench during the match. If it was Pardew, there would have been blood spilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

bangkok wrote: »

You've over estimated there, but when he did do it the press went to town on him, as well as some other idiot managers. I havent seen the papers yet but I'll wager it got little to no coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pacifico wrote: »
    Lads, can anyone recommend a good Arsenal pub in London to watch the game on Sunday?!

Depends on where you are? If you are going out near the emirates, then most of the pubs around there will be good.

A little further out is the Hemingford arms, would be my local, pretty good. Nice relaxed atmosphere in there, not explicitly a sport pub though.

I've no problem with people not shaking hands. I wouldn't shake hands with someone who I didn't want to. And Jorge jesus was being a dickhead to our Tim.

News from the presser:

Team news: "Monreal is definitely available, Gibbs we are not sure about. Ozil will be out for three weeks."

On Ozils injury: "When the minimum is three, the maximum is six so let's say four weeks"

On Ramsey: "He still has recurrent pains in his thigh, we have to be very cautious with him"

On Kallstrom: "Kallstrom is back in the squad and will be available for Sunday"

On Sanogo: "He had a positive test yesterday and has a chance to be available on Sunday"

So the minimum is 3 weeks, max is 6, Arsene thinks 4, which means Ozil will be out for 8. :(

It certainly seems that Arsenals injuries are a little worse than most other teams, so I'm pessimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Spurs were awful last night, if they only play half as bad as that we should still take the 3 points.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Martinez to replace Wenger in 2 years? Having an Everton manager take over a top four team, what could possibly go wrong? :pac:

Seriously though, I think he'd possibly be a pretty good successor, has had Everton playing some lovely football this year.

• Advertisement

He’d be on a list of my preferred successors alright.

Anyhow apart from going through a travel agency and paying for a package what would be the best way to get a Cup Final ticket? Provided we get there of course.
    Tout?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Martinez to replace Wenger in 2 years? Having an Everton manager take over a top four team, what could possibly go wrong? :pac:

Seriously though, I think he'd possibly be a pretty good successor, has had Everton playing some lovely football this year.

Where is this coming from? Or is it just a personal preference? I like him as a manager, nice bloke as well. Not sure if he would be able to pull in world class players like Wenger, but there are not many managers out there that could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Crappiest season ever for injuries

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jester77 wrote: »
    Where is this coming from? Or is it just a personal preference? I like him as a manager, nice bloke as well. Not sure if he would be able to pull in world class players like Wenger, but there are not many managers out there that could.

Tabloids, just saw it in the FB365 gossip column.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭ronjo

greendom wrote: »

We have had a few just as bad I reckon over the last 10 years though.

Whats really annoying is that Ramsey was in the top 2 performers in the league when he got injured and Walcott was finding form after previous injuries.

How many more points would we have if they had stayed fit and thats ingnoring all other injuries.

greendom wrote: »

I'd actually say we are doing ok compared to other years. We have injuries where we can afford it and have enough depth and quality to cover them. It would be very different if it was Giroud or our defenders getting injured.

But it still amazes me that we somehow always have more injuries than most other clubs.

jester77 wrote: »
    I'd actually say we are doing ok compared to other years. We have injuries where we can afford it and have enough depth and quality to cover them. It would be very different if it was Giroud or our defenders getting injured.

But it still amazes me that we somehow always have more injuries than most other clubs.

I wouldn't say were doing ok, we have lost Walcott for most the season, Chamberlain and Ramsey as well which has had a huge impact on our play we look flat without there runs and pace also making Girouds deficiencies stand out more he needs them players around him.

Ozil is a loss but I think Cazorla can fill those boots but still a shame right after the impressive performance against Everton and another quality player down right when we need all hands on deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its about average for us on the injury front being honest. We lose 1-2 key players for 4 months plus. Check. We lose players after every game. Check. We lose Gibbs every second week. Check. "3 weeks" is never "3 weeks ". Check. Players get rushed back. Check.

To be honest, its been the same sh1t different season the injury front as far as I can see.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Its about average for us on the injury front being honest. We lose 1-2 key players for 4 months plus. Check. We lose players after every game. Check. We lose Gibbs every second week. Check. "3 weeks" is never "3 weeks ". Check. Players get rushed back. Check.

To be honest, its been the same sh1t different season the injury front as far as I can see.

You're probably right it's just this season I think we had our first proper chance of winning the title and it's the injuries which have killed us imo.

Were still not out of it but our chances are very slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wenger said there gonna review medical and training methods this is good

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement