Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭x PyRo

SELFIE!

1958370_870981162913201_323695478_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Giroud is terrible

He was poor today, but completely isolated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Giroud is terrible

If he is up against any competent and big centre half he struggles to hold up the ball and get into the game. His lack of any turn of pace is a massive problem for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Really need to get to the West Ham game within 3 points now. Very worried about the Pool.

Bi3r5EAIcAEvwrf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

greendom wrote: »
    He was poor today, but completely isolated.

But even passing was bad

I'm firmly in the camp that he just not good enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Blood guts passion and we played ****. Long enough we lamented for this type of win-lets take it and move on. Never before were Arsenal as happy to retreat and know we could do it. Love that back 5 and this team. COYG!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

The results in the past three games have been superb. It's probable the best we could have expected going into them and we have delivered.

Very good momentum going into the back stretch of this run of games. Fancy us at Chelsea too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    16-03-2014-GifNumber-204.gif

Could watch this all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Do we have anyone else available for next week.
    Swans game 3 days after Chelsea.

We're really going to struggle to create with this depleted group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

gosplan wrote: »
    Do we have anyone else available for next week.
    Swans game 3 days after Chelsea.

We're really going to struggle to create with this depleted group.

You could see us winning at Stamford Bridge with a week's rest and dropping points against Swansea because we couldn't rotate.

• Advertisement

I imagine we'll see Kallstrom on the bench against Chelsea with the potential to start against Swans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 18 (12)
    Ramsey 13 (8)
    Podolski 7 (3)
    Ozil 6 (4)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Rosicky 3 (2)
    Arteta 3 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Mertesacker 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Flamini 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Just the one goal, but what a goal! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I so happy Rosicky is finally getting the credit he deserves. He's been a favourite of mine for a long time so it's great to see him getting that credit after being written off as a crock for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Some whack from Mozart. I'm glad we won, think that's cl football secured and Spurs season over. Nice to win all 3 nlds this season. Hopefully we can raise our game now for the last few matches and see how it goes. Liverpool in serious form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Some whack from Mozart. I'm glad we won, think that's cl football secured and Spurs season over. Nice to win all 3 nlds this season. Hopefully we can raise our game now for the last few matches and see how it goes. Liverpool in serious form.

Absolute Arsenal legend and loves scoring against Spurs!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think we can sneak a 1-0 against Chelsea

Don't concede early so we don't have to chase the game I fancy us

Very hard to call Chelsea game but don't think we'll win.

Will be really difficult for us to score. Giroud defo won't away to them. Maybe Santi or Rosicky but you'd have to feel Chelsea will have them well marshalled. The Ox would be about the best bet to provide us with the win.

Then there's the matter of them scoring. Really it's probably down to Hazard or a set piece. They're at home so I could see them being resolute in defence and nicking a goal. The good thing is they're missing Ramieres and Willian and play a midweek game too.

I'd say nil all or Chelsea 1-0.

Probably nothing would be better for Wenger's 1,000th ame for me to be wrong though.

Fcuk these injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Brace yourselves.

Saint Totteringham's Day is coming.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Brace yourselves.

Saint Totteringham's Day is coming.

And we will celebrate with the traditional meal of lasagne!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sorry for all the pictures, on the wall in the away end in WHL :D

Bi3m4zaCUAAaybf.jpg

I was there in '71 :D:D
    Ray Kennedy R.I.P. got the goal.
    My first year working in London and living in Caladonian Road 5 mins from Highbury.

• Advertisement

I was there in '71 :D:D

Didnt even need to look at the user name after that bit :D :pac:

Great win today. Right back in the mix. :) 2 Huge games coming up now so its still in our hands. We have to keep believing!!!! COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Great win today, huge 3 points but that was a dreadful display. Gibbs was all over the place, only for Kos and Per we would be in huge trouble. We gave the ball away far too cheaply only that spurs couldnt do fack all with it. Especially in the last few moments when possesion was vital we failed to hold onto it.
    Ches had a flappy moment which almost cost us. Ox needs to work on his shooting but played well other than that.
    Spurs played a crazy high line in that first half only that we couldnt capitalise on it, im convinced if Walcott was there he would have had 2 or 3 in the first half alone, were badly lacking in pace in that regard. As mentioned before Giroud was poor, his hold up play wasnt good enough and he never really got into a position to test Lloris

On saying all that winning is all that mattered today. Id take a bad performance and a 1 - 0 next week too but we badly need to be more creative going forward against Chelsea

wonga77 wrote: »
    Great win today, huge 3 points but that was a dreadful display. Gibbs was all over the place, only for Kos and Per we would be in huge trouble. We gave the ball away far too cheaply only that spurs couldnt do fack all with it. Especially in the last few moments when possesion was vital we failed to hold onto it.
    Ches had a flappy moment which almost cost us. Ox needs to work on his shooting but played well other than that.
    Spurs played a crazy high line in that first half only that we couldnt capitalise on it, im convinced if Walcott was there he would have had 2 or 3 in the first half alone, were badly lacking in pace in that regard. As mentioned before Giroud was poor, his hold up play wasnt good enough and he never really got into a position to test Lloris

On saying all that winning is all that mattered today. Id take a bad performance and a 1 - 0 next week too but we badly need to be more creative going forward against Chelsea

I'll happily take 38 crap displays if they all result in 1-0 victories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So is Ramsey back for our next game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So is Ramsey back for our next game?

I said all along that I didn't think we would see Ramsey again until next season.
    I think there's more wrong with him than we're being told.
    Diaby was supposed to be back in mid-March too but no sign of him either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

But even passing was bad

I'm firmly in the camp that he just not good enough

I agree been saying it all season, I do like Giroud and he can have flashes of brilliance but them flashes are far to rare a sight. He works hard which is commendable but the better the defence he comes up against the more anonymous he is in a game.

There was one point today I think were Cazorla played him a lovely ball to run on to and I was thinking lovely were in here but he is just so damn slow it came to nothing, I couldn't help but think if we had a pacy CF there we would have a got a goal.

I know were missing Walcott but I think when Walcott plays all he does is gloss over the fact Giroud is poor in a lot of areas. Runs are non exsistant, first touch is hit and miss sometime marvelous other times appalling, his finishing leaves a lot to be desired mostly and and in the air he's useless.

We really need to get a CF in the summer wings I think were ok, a DM and a CF this summer providing everyone stays and ill be happy.

On the win today great defensive display attacking wise eh not great but ill take 3 points every day of the week. Said it a few weeks ago when a lot were declaring Chelsea winners there will be a few more twists and turns in this race yet.

Also Souness was doing my head in today on Sky Liverpool bias was ridiculous.

wonga77 wrote: »

Make no mistake we'll be battered next week with a bad performance We have the beatings of Chelski though. Id start Pod. He'll keep defenders honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just saw a clip of Rice on MOTD 2 - looks very well, always came across as a nice fella, glad he's doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

did Ox come off injured?

SlickRic wrote: »
    did Ox come off injured?

Didn't appear to be anything wrong but there is talk of a tight hamstring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

greendom wrote: »
    Didn't appear to be anything wrong but there is talk of a tight hamstring

especially with all the injuries, he is a key player to keep fit.

SlickRic wrote: »
    especially with all the injuries, he is a key player to keep fit.

no pace in the team without him - he's vital/

I said all along that I didn't think we would see Ramsey again until next season.
    I think there's more wrong with him than we're being told.
    Diaby was supposed to be back in mid-March too but no sign of him either.

I'd be delighted if we could get Ramsey fully fit for the final 4 or 5 games. The midfield could really do with his dynamism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭ronjo

While we didnt play well in the second half, with a bit of composure we really should really have been out of sight at half time.
    Also other than Szcz doing his flappyhandski impressions Spurs didnt create an awful lot.

Ok, we werent at our best but we have crucial injuries and we just had a great win away to our local rivals.

I think a gritty win like that is perfect before our trip to the Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

we wasnt at our best. far from it but do united, chelsea and all before us who won the league played at there best week in week out?

what matters is 3 points and we got it. defended well and scored a goal. simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

where is the chelsea game being televised?

did nto mention it at all in the website.

surely this is going to be on TV be it BT Sport or sky?

http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team

where is the chelsea game being televised?

did nto mention it at all in the website.

surely this is going to be on TV be it BT Sport or sky?

http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team

BT Sport they have all the early Sat kos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What a goal by the little mozart delighted for the chap class act he is. Its hard to believe hes in his mid 30s he could easily play at the top level for the next 5 years some engine he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What a goal by the little mozart delighted for the chap class act he is. Its hard to believe hes in his mid 30s he could easily play at the top level for the next 5 years some engine he has.

In fairness his miles covered clock is quite low for most players his age so hopefully he has another 2 years in there

We've outplayed Arsenal today, and they're title contenders.

We played better today, a lot better than we have recently. We deserved to win that game, not lose it.

All together now...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ah lads still buzzing from yesterday, that was such a big win after Liverpool winning. Breeds new life into the team now, hopefully can get a point next weekend, give it to City and we could be on for it. This is coming from someone who thought we wouldnt come higher than 3rd all year.

good that we get a nice 6 days rest in now before the Chelsea game.
    what I wouldn't give for a victory there!
    and the good thing is they'll be without Will I Am, Ramirez, and Mou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

All together now...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The probably deserved a draw maybe. They didn't create **** all though to say they deserved to win the game. It really was a poor game but I don't think arsenal fans care at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭ronjo

Am I being a bad sport for hoping Chelsea pick up a few injuries tomorrow??

Nothing too serious of course...

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ah lads still buzzing from yesterday, that was such a big win after Liverpool winning. Breeds new life into the team now, hopefully can get a point next weekend, give it to City and we could be on for it. This is coming from someone who thought we wouldnt come higher than 3rd all year.

They've done really well all season and it really is in their hands now.

However, to compete all the way to the end and say finish within a point or two of top, they'd have to do something they've never done before and without a few key players.

It really is one game at a time now though. C.L. is nailed on so it's just up to the team to see if they can win the two really big ones vrs Chelsea and City.

But it's all about the Chelsea game.

If somehow we won (and assuming that pool and City win), it'd be...

Chelsea P.31 pts 66
    Liverpool P.30 pts 65
    Arsenal P.30 pts 65
    Man City P.28 pts 63

But if we lost ...

Chelsea P.31 pts 69
    Liverpool P.30 pts 65
    Man City P.28 pts 63
    Arsenal P.30 pts 62

And that'd really be it then. Even if we beat City, whoever won the Liverpool City match would stay ahead of us and Chelsea could even slip up to Liverpool and stay ahead of us too.

GOD DAMN YOU STOKE!!!!!!!!!

ronjo wrote: »
    Am I being a bad sport for hoping Chelsea pick up a few injuries tomorrow??

Nothing too serious of course...

Just to even things up a bit. No harm in that surely ? Just a little pulled muscle for Hazard maybe ? :-D

Seriously though Ramires and Willian will both play tomorrow as they are suspended for Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They'll have to play their strongest team regardless as they drew the first leg.

Ramires and Willian are big blows though, Ramires is practically our nemesis. Scummy player too..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GOD DAMN YOU STOKE!!!!!!!!!

If we finish within 5 points off top I won't be looking back regretting poor results against Chelsea/Pool/City it will be the draw with Southampton and the loss to Stoke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement