Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

ugsparky wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't but ... headline of the year in the Daily Fail ... the rag that doesn't allow truth to get in the way of a good story ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2583209/Sherwoods-tactics-bizarre-Levy-prove-hes-job-Sandro-cares-hair-Tottenham-laughing-stock-Premier-League.html

... and if Mourinho keeps bleating about Foy maybe the ref will be kind to us at Chavski Bridgski

To call Durnham an idiot would be an insult to idiots.

ugsparky wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't but ... headline of the year in the Daily Fail ... the rag that doesn't allow truth to get in the way of a good story ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2583209/Sherwoods-tactics-bizarre-Levy-prove-hes-job-Sandro-cares-hair-Tottenham-laughing-stock-Premier-League.html

... and if Mourinho keeps bleating about Foy maybe the ref will be kind to us at Chavski Bridgski

The building of a new stadium coupled with lots of other factors such as in turn being tied down to limited commercial deals due to the need for stadium funds and also new endless resources of money coming into the game in the form of City and Chelsea......all conveniently not mentioned in this insightful article :rolleyes:

Most of these idiot journalists are hired in the local pub of a Saturday night id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Have to admit I didn't read the article ... just the headline ... I only read the comments which I find are more informative ... I think the DM journalist hacks write with crayons ... probably the most anti Arsenal rag in circulation ... but it's one of the few not blocked during the dinner break by the companies IP protocol :o - for real Arsenal news I read the Times or the Arsenal website

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jebus, that was like a parody of sports journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

mike65 wrote: »
    Lucas, Sakho, Cissokho, Coutinho for example? Hmmmm I guess it depends which 4 you take out.

I meant important first teams players, its not a dig at Pool its just a poiint, you take out the equivalent of Ramsey, Ozil Wilshire and Walcott, so take Gerard, Sterling, Suarez and say Hendo of course you struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

bad2dabone wrote: »
    probably reflects the amount of money they've taken in from liverpool fans.

This and the fact Liverpool have really good momentum at the minute

The way it is guys if we manage to win the FA cup on Saturday 17th of May, the papers will probably hammer us for going '1 day without winning a trophy' on the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

The way it is guys if we manage to win the FA cup on Saturday 17th of May, the papers will probably hammer us for going '1 day without winning a trophy' on the 18th.

I am sure it will immediately turn to 10 years without winning the title. (If we don't win it of course)

ronjo wrote: »
    I am sure it will immediately turn to 10 years without winning the title. (If we don't win it of course)

And if we do the double it will probably be '21 years without winning the league cup' :pac: or we'll probably be hammered for never having won the Champions league.
    Of course if Liverpool do it they'll probably go on as if the likes of Ronnie Whelan and Steve McMahon retired at the end of last season and this 'new crop' have continued on their league winning success

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I’d love a CL. My brother and best mate are Liverpool fans and bring up their European cups in any football argument. it does my nut.

• Advertisement

I’d love a CL. My brother and best mate are Liverpool fans and bring up their European cups in any football argument. it does my nut.

We really blew it in 2004. Were the best team in Europe that year.

We really blew it in 2004. Were the best team in Europe that year.

Yep, moreso even than 2006 i feel.

In 2006, we weren't having the best season by comparison to prior seasons and were against arguably the best side in the world that year. While Henry did miss a chance to put us 2-0 up we were always up against it even with 11 men. It was a missed opportunity but i just cant help feeling 2004 though was more of a wrench as we were at the peak of our powers. We had one bad half against Chelsea a team who couldnt buy a win off us up to that night. I dont think either Monaco or Porto (even under Bore-inho) would have been a match for us either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The fact that Wayne Bridge ruined that for us and now gets paid a fortune to not play football and be married to a gorgeous popstar really winds me up.

Edit: Just realised he's at Reading now. Still, his money's made in fairness.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    The fact that Wayne Bridge ruined that for us and now gets paid a fortune to not play football and be married to a gorgeous popstar really winds me up.

but is he happy though?

but is he happy though?

Where did it all go wrong Mr Bridge?

Ramsey, cazorla and Zelalem have all signed new contracts.

Fantastic news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

great news, but did Ramsey not sign a contract extension last year with all the brit lads...

Edit:

It was actually in Dec 2012, so I guess it's just club is rewarding him with for the good performances since the start of the season.

great news, but did Ramsey not sign a contract extension last year with all the brit lads...

He did but has really stepped up un terms of quality in 2013.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Edit:

It was actually in Dec 2012, so I guess it's just club is rewarding him with for the good performances since the start of the season.

Yeah, in fairness, I'd say his value has gone up massively since then, and other clubs have definitely noticed him. Glad that he's staying, along with Cazorla. Zelalem is going to be really exciting in a couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone gonna watch this under 19 game on eurosport?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone gonna watch this under 19 game on eurosport?

Yep. On baby sitting duty so will have it on here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Connor MacLeod never took this long to get back on his feet. Nice little article on Diaby in the Guardian. See here.

Hope he gets his fitness back, and does well. Guy deserves a break.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Connor MacLeod never took this long to get back on his feet. Nice little article on Diaby in the Guardian. See here.

Hope he gets his fitness back, and does well. Guy deserves a break.

My favourite Arsenal player, has the Yaya Toure about him, if was fit would be first name on the sheet for me.

My favourite Arsenal player, has the Yaya Toure about him, if was fit would be first name on the sheet for me.

Repeat after me.........BFG BFG BFG

Gnabry and Zelalem both playing here

• Advertisement

Gnabry best player on the park

Really interested to see Bellerin, could be starting for us before we know it.

Really interested to see Bellerin, could be starting for us before we know it.

We are well on top here in early stages.

We are well on top here in early stages.

yup some really great pressing, playing them off their own patch atm. Need the goal now though

Ha love it!

BjBkfl-CQAAosj1.png

• Advertisement

Your a frustrated man so you've seen so little of him :D

Wouldnt it be sensational though if Diaby ended up with a premier league, fa cup and world cup winners medal in 2014 :D

I think id wet myself laughing though im confident my undies will be staying dry somehow.

Ha love it!

BjBkfl-CQAAosj1.png

Such a humble, likable and decent lad is Ramsey. As tough as they come and a model professional

Penalty Arsenal

Hits the post

Your a frustrated man so you've seen so little of him :D

Wouldnt it be sensational though if Diaby ended up with a premier league, fa cup and world cup winners medal in 2014 :D

I think id wet myself laughing though im confident my undies will be staying dry somehow.

Gutted tbh. If he had no talent i could accept it more but he really is one of our best players, top notch like. Something we need too and definitely was Paddys replacement. I think he defo will go to the WC if he is fit, would walk into that team tbh

Penalty Arsenal

Great play by Akpom. Unlucky with the miss.

Gutted tbh. If he had no talent i could accept it more but he really is one of our best players, top notch like. Something we need too and definitely was Paddys replacement. I think he defo will go to the WC if he is fit, would walk into that team tbh

When is he due back? I had totally writtenhim off this seaseason

2ndcoming wrote: »

Edit: Just realised he's at Reading now. Still, his money's made in fairness.

Well John Terry porked his ex if it helps

When is he due back? I had totally writtenhim off this seaseason

Reading he will be back in training in two weeks. Would be a big plus with his style of play.

Barca score. Shocking at the back. Against the run of play.

• Advertisement

Barca score. Shocking at the back. Against the run of play.

That O'Connor lad doesnt look comfortable at all on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ramsey, cazorla and Zelalem have all signed new contracts.

Fantastic news!

Any updates on Ramsey's fitness? It would be fantastic if he could be in contention for the City game. Doubtful I know but one can hope...

He is averaging 15 appearances a season since arriving at Christmas 2006 which is poor enough but tbf to him that first bad injury in 2006 caused a chain reaction. Horrible tackle that day. Here is a pic.
    299107.PNG

He had notched up several appearances up to that and could have been the key ingredient when we played Barca in the CL final that year until his bad injury and then he might have been rushed back for 2006-07 too. The Abou Diaby autobiography would be a book id like to read when he releases it. Pains me to hear the bit of mockery being made out of him because tbf to him he has probably gone the extra mile to come back from injury. Just so unlucky.

Gnabry is top notch

Gnabry is top notch

Great finish. One all

Great finish. One all

This is really enjoyable. Gonna try watch these more often, helps fill in the gap from the senior team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Toral and Akpom looks good on the ball as well.
    But Gnabry is just a class above.

Definitely think a few of these are going to make the jump in the next year or two. Really talented bunch.

Reading he will be back in training in two weeks. Would be a big plus with his style of play.

I love diaby, if he could master his injuries he would be such a weapon to have.

He'd be like a new signing! Wenger would be delighted he'd be able to save money!

• Advertisement

This is really enjoyable. Gonna try watch these more often, helps fill in the gap from the senior team.

Definately a fantastic competition in terms of player development.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement