Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ramsey out for another 6 weeks now. Need to get a few in now

Were you getting that from? Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Fcuk Sake! Your messing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Really? How did that happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That's a huge blow - really thought he was coming back just at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

It seems Rambo has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a tendon problem....Empire strikes

Ah jesus I knew it when Wenger said it was more than a week or so. Absolute disaster. Between himself and Theo it's a huge loss. I wonder will Arsene hit for Germany?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gunnerblog and Wayne Veysey confirming it. 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah jesus I knew it when Wenger said it was more than a week or so. Absolute disaster. Between himself and Theo it's a huge loss. I wonder will Arsene hit for Germany?!

Playing down injuries would suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Always seem to lose our best players at the most vital time of the season, we can never catch a break :rolleyes::mad: No way can we cope without Walcott and Ramsey hope Wenger has something up his sleeve like he did when he brought in Monreal out of the blue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

All over twitter... **** sake.

confirmed by wenger

• Advertisement

If the Ramsey story is true that's the icing on a huge piece of shiit cake served up tonight.

Might force Wenger into the market with Flamini now facing a ban, Ramsey out, Walcott out and with the games we have coming up he may need to act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I think Arsene should have been bringing in a player even if Theo and Rambo were fight fit, the fact they are out injured means its doubly important to get someone of top top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I didn't notice much passion in that first half.
    I saw players losing the ball in tackles and just standing there instead of trying to tackle and retrieve it. Second half was much better.

You won't get it every minute of every game. It's a **** night but it's not a loss and we get to thump palace Sunday before heading into the big games

Diaby will be like a new player.
    Hope to fcuk Jack is not badly injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Well it has pretty much torn our rotation apart all these injuries/flamini ban. Not good.

I don't like Feb because of Arsenal related losses/stress the last few years. I am determined/confident though that with this set of players, they will make it a happy time for us.

Our season could implode over the next few weeks simply because we refuse to spend money. We need to buy now, if we don't we will certainly be caught out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

There is still something mentally missing, once we attack and believe we score two, but then retreat concede and loose all confidence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I wouldn't be so sure about thrashing Crystal Palace - Pulis doing a good job there 1) getting their confidence back and 2) not leaking goals. A 2-0 win would be a great result against them given how they are playing at the moment.

There really should be some independent investigation done on our medical team, we constantly get players back in training and lose them again without a kick of a ball not to mention the ones that go from 4 to 8 to 16 weeks consistently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I think Arsene should have been bringing in a player even if Theo and Rambo were fight fit, the fact they are out injured means its doubly important to get someone of top top quality.

That was always the risk, as in losing players to injury. Now it's fact, I doubt it will make Wenger do anything.

Southampton a very good side. We were lucky to get a draw, especially after an appalling first half. I had penciled in a draw or a loss in my head earlier in the day. Let's hope City and Chelsea slip up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

If Wenger doesn't invest before the end of this window then we can kiss goodbye to any chance of the title. Injuries are hitting hard now and the smaller our squad gets the more chance of more injuries. This is our chance and the boss needs to help the team with some signings. The time for playing it cool has passed, sign some f**king players arsene before it's too late. Being a gooner can be so frustrating some times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

FearDark wrote: »
    Our season could implode over the next few weeks simply because we refuse to spend money. We need to buy now, if we don't we will certainly be caught out.

We could do with a signing for sure with these injuries but I don't buy that it's the club refusing to spend the money. Players not being available is the more likely culprit imo

Diaby will be like a new player.
    Hope to fcuk Jack is not badly injured.

Diaby. We'll have him for three games, he'll play absolutely class in one, have a meh game in the middle and then miss kick a ball in the last match where his leg will explode off and he'll be out for another 9 months.

O.k. Im over it now. Still disappointed but you cant expect to win every game and Southampton are a good team.

Knock 5 or 6 past Palace and all will be good with the world again.

p.s. sign Draxler.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    That was always the risk, as in losing players to injury. Now it's fact, I doubt it will make Wenger do anything.

Southampton a very good side. We were lucky to get a draw, especially after an appalling first half. I had penciled in a draw or a loss in my head earlier in the day. Let's hope City and Chelsea slip up tomorrow.

Southampton won 2 of their last 12 games so not that good.

One fit cm. Fml.

If any of us here were doing our job as bad as the Arsenal medical team, we would be sacked without a thought, wrong that the same crowd is still there for years while we are always the most injury plagued team in the league.

I dont think there is any fear of spending money. No point buying for the sake of it. Look at United-cant find a CM in January at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well that is a dreadful bit of news to end the day. Ramsey out for six weeks is a disaster. Wenger has to bring some bodies in otherwise we can kiss the league goodbye.

• Advertisement

I dont think there is any fear of spending money. No point buying for the sake of it. Look at United-cant find a CM in January at all.

Wenger has always gone with his bare bones strategy, and more often than not, we become unstuck. I doubt he will do anything different now.

Southampton won 2 of their last 12 games so not that good.

They have drawn quite a lot, which means defensively they are tough.

Wenger seemed to suggest we are going to do some business

Please god

think we could do with getting 2 in, so busy 72 hours ahead hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

8 new pages (40 per page) since this morning? You'd think we had lost 5-0 or something.

Not an ideal result but a point is a point and Southampton are a good enough side.

• Advertisement

Surely Draxler isn't the immediate solution - he's out injured isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Really need to bring in someone soon.

Lot of people pissed off with podolski strolling around at the end, didnt see it myself.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    8 new pages (40 per page) since this morning? You'd think we had lost 5-0 or something.

Not an ideal result but a point is a point and Southampton are a good enough side.

Every point dropped counts in a title race ;)

Plus it may be 8 pages but no ones been ranting ;)

Soups123 wrote: »
    Wenger seemed to suggest we are going to do some business

Please god

I missed that. What did he say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I've a bad feeling this Ramsey injury will be a season long thing. It'll be a goddamn miracle and testament to Wenger and the players if we win this league with the luck we've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I missed that. What did he say?

I hope we have something to tell you on Friday

I don't think it's 8 pages because we dropped two points, for me it's more-so that we need to get in a few players, the days of Arsenal having a bare-bones squad have to be over now that we are a financially sound. We are not Man City but for the love of jesus we could at least compete with them on squad size.

greendom wrote: »

Maybe a good surprise?

Anyone know the story on Jack's injury?

We now have Walcott out long-term.
    Ramsey out for 6 weeks (probably more with out record)
    Flamini out for 3 games.

Some of our players seem to be seriously lacking fitness too.
    Didn't notice Chamberlain in the game at all when he came on. He has been out a long time and will take time. Pod clearly unfit too. Rosicky injured.

We definitely need cover now.

Ozil came out a different beast the 2nd half - hope he keeps it up now. Not seen him celebrate a goal like this before. He's normally a jog over and high five kind of guy from what I've seen.

BfGZOAgIcAAKDQq.jpg

HazDanz wrote: »
    Maybe a good surprise?

Or he'll tell us there are no signings :pac:

I'll be honest, only caught the laat ten minutes. Looked like we were playing for a draw. No sense of urgency at all.

Worst part if all this is that I'm shouting for Sp*rs now tomorrow.

How can The Arsenal team put us through that?!

:pac:

Wenger you teasing fcuker.

Although don't mind being teased as long it ends up with a happy ending.

Fingers crossed

greendom wrote: »

" I have signed my extension contract ".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement