Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Gonna miss the game today. Heading down to visit my birds friends for the weekend.
    The line "sure the weekend apart will do us grand" doesn't wash with her.

Her friends???
    If she doesn't get the football thing, dump her!!

(unless you love her and/or she is really hot):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd take a draw today. If we can make it through the next 3 without losing that could give us the confidence to go on a good run and end the season really strongly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

#Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud #CFCvAFC

#Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Flamini, Kallstrom, Sanogo, Gnabry #CFCvAFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Would have liked Flamini instead of Arteta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Would have liked Flamini instead of Arteta

Should have played both.

Best of luck lads. See you on the other side.

Let's celebrate later :D

(Unless my stream dies, then I'll be back :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Should have played both.

Agree with this. Would of left Podolski out and put Cazorla on the wing with Flamini coming in alongside Arteta to nullify the threat of the likes of Hazard, Schurrle and Oscar.

Christ all mighty not even 5 minutes in and were 1 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Christ all mighty not even 5 minutes in and were 1 down.

its like a nightmare.

staying out of the match thread from now on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Same old same old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Well this is just swell.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    its like a nightmare.

staying out of the match thread from now on.
    Time and time again we bottle it against the top teams. Such a soft team we are disgusted I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

The same problems, when the big games come calling we look very very ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Cant do it against the big teams. Still not good enough for them just yet.

Looper007 wrote: »
    The same problems, when the big games come calling we look very very ordinary.

we look worse than ordinary.

I know were missing players through injury but theres no excuses for this. Major error by the boss not playing Flamini alongside Arteta. Can we blame the media calling us bottlers and failures, we consistently **** it up when the going gets tough.

I know were missing players through injury but theres no excuses for this. Major error by the boss not playing Flamini alongside Arteta. Can we blame the media calling us bottlers and failures, we consistently **** it up when the going gets tough.

the players should be ashamed of themselves. This is a calamity, and not the first. Horrible.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    we look worse than ordinary.

yeah sad really. What is the problem with us and 12:45 kick offs

Now Ox is sent off. 3 nil after 17 minutes. My god this is really pathetic :(

This is bull****.

Gibbs off is a f*cking joke.

• Advertisement

yeah sad really. What is the problem with us and 12:45 kick offs

Now Ox is sent off. 3 nil after 17 minutes. My god this is really pathetic :(

pathetic is the only word that accurately describes it.

Cant do it against the big teams. Still not good enough for them just yet.

Wenger needs to splash the cash really. No excuses.

A shambles. An utter laughing stock we are!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dunno can i keep watching team is mentally soft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

How they've let this happen again after Liverpool defies belief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It is absolutely disgraceful to have completely and utterly shit ourselves in three big games this season like this. It defies belief.

• Advertisement

Rabbit in headlights. Its like having Bi Polar supporting this team, highs one week lows the next :(

embarassing. I'm actually hoping we can hold it to 3-0 now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There's no way Wenger should be offered a new contract. This is absurd.

Barlett wrote: »
    How they've let this happen again after Liverpool defies belief

I think our position in the table has flattered us really, the fact Spures and Utd have under performed and Everton lack depth have helped us. Look at our midfield compared to Chelsea's, we seriously lack tall strong midfielders. Even with Ozil Ramsey and Wilshire, they'd still beat us.

Christ we need a serious reshuffle even if we win the FA Cup.

might beat his 8-2 record in his 1000th game :rolleyes:

:(

• Advertisement

There's no way Wenger should be offered a new contract. This is absurd.

Have a feeling Wenger might step down if he wins the FA Cup.

Anyone think in these big games the teams are pinpointing Per? pace is exposing us and they are getting in behind way too easy.

I think our position in the table has flattered us really, the fact Spures and Utd have under performed and Everton lack depth have helped us. Look at our midfield compared to Chelsea's, we seriously lack tall strong midfielders. Even with Ozil Ramsey and Wilshire, they'd still beat us.

Kneejerk reaction if I ever saw one.

With Walcott, Ramsey, Ozil back we'd put up a good fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

How can a defense become so poor over the space of a week.
    Tbh with the way Gibbs was playing for those first few goals, he probably deserved to get sent off.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone think in these big games the teams are pinpointing Per? pace is exposing us and they are getting in behind way too easy.

I think they see Arteta too as a weakness. Awful defensive midfielder

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It was the tactics that messed up today imo and every other time this has happened. With Ozil, Ramsey and Theo in the squad our midfield is comparable to any in the league, no reshuffle needed in that regard imo. Shouldn't be setting up so open against teams like City/chelsea/Liverpool, simple as that.

Plus if he wants to start one deep midfielder it should be Flamini, Arteta may as well have not been there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wrong team selection. Flamini and Arteta should have started.
    We are being torn apart on Gibbs and Podolski's side again just like last week but not getting away with it this time. Giving the ball away cheaply and paying the price.
    This can only get worse now that we're down to 10 too.
    Embarrassing display by team and manager today.

Kneejerk reaction if I ever saw one.

With Walcott, Ramsey, Ozil back we'd put up a good fight.

The whole Kneejerk reaction thing is a little silly now. This isn't a one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Why was gibbs sent off?

Its baffling why we bottle the big games, I honestly cant put my finger on it to be honest? Couldnt even beat a poor Utd team this year.

• Advertisement

The whole Kneejerk reaction thing is a little silly now. This isn't a one off.

Nothing kneejerk about saying the team bottle the big games for sure, pretty kneejerk to be saying our full strength midfield needs a reshuffle and can't compete though.

Why was gibbs sent off?

Chamberlain handled it and the ref/officials cant't tell the difference between him and gibbs from a distance.

If Fergie was managing United this year we would be in the Europa. has this team progressed at all? or just the competition got worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Its baffling why we bottle the big games, I honestly cant put my finger on it to be honest? Couldnt even beat a poor Utd team this year.

Yep can't think of a logical explanation. Board accepting 4th place for too long?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

dvemail wrote: »
    How can a defense become so poor over the space of a week.
    Tbh with the way Gibbs was playing for those first few goals, he probably deserved to get sent off.

The defense against Spurs was nothing spectacular tbh. Felt Spurs had plenty of chances they simply never took.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Not sure you can blame the manager for the two attempts at passes in the middle of the field that got us turned over for two early goals. Horriffic stuff.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It was the tactics that messed up today imo and every other time this has happened. With Ozil, Ramsey and Theo in the squad our midfield is comparable to any in the league, no reshuffle needed in that regard imo. Shouldn't be setting up so open against teams like City/chelsea/Liverpool, simple as that.

Plus if he wants to start one deep midfielder it should be Flamini, Arteta may as well have not been there.

Our deep holding midfielders ain't good enough. Simple as. It's a position Wenger needs to sort out during the summer. Arteta has been a weak link for a while now. Flamini is a battler, love his will but he's not in the same class as what City and Chelsea have.

But that's our game, we don't have a plan B. Our players are flair players not grafters who can battle it out.

It's shocking how bad we are.

Wrong team selection. Flamini and Arteta should have started.
    We are being torn apart on Gibbs and Podolski's side again just like last week but not getting away with it this time. Giving the ball away cheaply and paying the price.
    This can only get worse now that we're down to 10 too.
    Embarrassing display by team and manager today.

Wenger tactically is very poor. He has one way of playing and thats it, no plan b, this team isnt good enough to be on the offensive away from home against the likes of Chelsea and City. He should of played Flamini and I would of had Vermaelen/Monreal at left back and Gibbs left wing. Keep it tight for the first 60mins then have a go in the final 3rd of the game when the opposition are tired and not as much of a threat as they would be at the start of a gane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why was gibbs sent off?

For being black and in the wrong place at the wrong time presumably.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nothing kneejerk about saying the team bottle the big games for sure, pretty kneejerk to be saying our full strength midfield needs a reshuffle and can't compete though

We can't even with Walcott, Ramsey and Ozil. City beat us 6-3

Even with Ozil. Liverpool beat us 5-1

We have some great players but we need some Toure's and Schweinsteiger's to help those flair players out. We haven't got it right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'd bring on Sanago, Giroud isn't going to get anything against cahil, Terry or ivanovic in the air and Terry probably out paces him too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement