Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Wenger tactically is very poor. He has one way of playing and thats it, no plan b, this team isnt good enough to be on the offensive away from home against the likes of Chelsea and City. He should of played Flamini and I would of had Vermaelen/Monreal at left back and Gibbs left wing. Keep it tight for the first 60mins then have a go in the final 3rd of the game when the opposition are tired and not as much of a threat as they would be at the start of a gane.

I think it's more picking the wrong tactics rather than not changing at all. Spurs and united are poor enough this season we should be putting them to the sword but he sets the teams up to grind out results against them (it worked against spurs I know) but when we face Chelsea/City/Liverpool he sets up to with a high line and an open approach which leads to us being ripped apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This has to be Chamberlain's worst day in an Arsenal shirt.
    He has been brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

" Ref: "Gibbs, you're off!"

Ox: "But ref, it was me!"

Ref: "Shut up Walcott, get on with the game""

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'd bring on Sanago, Giroud isn't going to get anything against cahil, Terry or ivanovic in the air and Terry probably out paces him too.

Our problems have not been at the front today although Giroud should have scored early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

switching off now. going down to the shed. gonna drink some beer and sit in silence.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looper007 wrote: »
    We can't even with Walcott, Ramsey and Ozil. City beat us 6-3

Even with Ozil. Liverpool beat us 5-1

We have some great players but we need some Toure's and Schweinsteiger's to help those flair players out. We haven't got it right now.

The City result wasn't that hard to take though because it was fairly evenly matched game where we had 2 clear goals disallowed, obviously shouldn't have set up so openly though. We beat Liverpool a week later. I agree we need signings but only 3 or 4, not a total overhaul.

Regardless of these poor results the team has improved since last season in a big way, it's important not to lose sight of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

This has to be Chamberlain's worst day in an Arsenal shirt.
    He has been brutal.

the whole team has been to be fair. A lack of heart and fight.

We're so far away from a title winning team its crazy.

It's sad cause this season felt like we could do it but the big games have shown us up to be out of our depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

What a shocker.....

Our problems have not been at the front today although Giroud should have scored early.

It comes back week in and out to haunt us..... Wenger failed to sign a striker, so at least we are a threat going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

This is why we won't win the league again - we can't beat the big teams , city , utd and Chelsea .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Arteta is not a defensive midfielder ive seen milk turn quicker than him. Is it just me or has his legs gone since he came back from his last injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chamberlain has been terrible. Gibbs was brutal thank god he is off the pitch. Arteta and Per too slow and Cazorla too weak and small for the big games. Giroud i have no words for, wouldnt mind not seeing him again until next season

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I agree we need signings but only 3 or 4, not a total overhaul.

Regardless of these poor results the team has improved since last season in a big way, it's important not to lose sight of that.

I was been a little caught up in the moment. We need top class battlers to match the flair, A world class Striker (this is a must) and a pacey centre back.

It's a major improvement but teams will get stronger, Utd will spend like crazy, Liverpool will strengthen for sure as will city and Chelsea.

will Arsenal, I don't know.

4-0 now. Christ this is a downer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Our problems have not beust it's the onlyn at the front today although Giroud should have scored early.

I'm not blaming him the whole team has been rubbish but it'll keep giroud fresh for mid week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Yeah I'm not really watching any more. Can't stomach these mercenaries humiliating us. Dirt they are.

blingrhino wrote: »
    This is why we won't win the league again - we can't beat the big teams , city , utd and Chelsea .

beaten Liverpool and Spures (twice)

drew with Everton, Chelsea and Utd at home
    beaten by Chelsea,City, Liverpool and Utd away from home.

Defeats to Stoke and draws to Southampton and West Brom (the other big teams swept the floor with them)

Not good enough.

I can't see many big names wanting to come after the 3 drubbings we have taken this season but let's hope the big names don't follow our results.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

This is bad and in all likelihood will end far worse.

Don't like to put the boot in but wenger should have walked a few years ago as with each bad result like today he's damaging his amazing achievements at the club. IF we win the cup he should seriously consider finishing on a high. I'm starting to think no matter what players we have other big club managers simply have one over on him from a tactical perspective. That's not going to change sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Haven't posted here in ages. Just coming in like an alcoholic at AA meeting after an all night bender. Just need to be with people who feel like I feel right now :(

How do we blow the FA cup i wonder?

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »

I seriously wonder if we win this, Wenger won't think he needs to spend and makes excuses that we're on the right path.

Wigan beat us 7-0 by half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

We won't. It's an inferiority complex against teams like Man Utd and these tramps that needs to be sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭djan

I didnt expect a win but nothing this bad. Think a lot of people were deluded as to how we have been doing. We have lost the majority of games against the big teams showing we are very far off. If we compare the to starting 11s today maybe 2 arsenal players would get into the chelsea one.

gebbel wrote: »
    We won't. It's an inferiority complex against teams like Man Utd and these tramps that needs to be sorted out.

But most of these players have played on the big stage. I would buy the inferiority complex, if they were full of youngster's making their way. But all these guy's have played in World Cups. Champions leagues. Chelsea and City ain't world beaters but we make them look like they are Munich, Real or Barcelona. It's basic we're not good enough when it comes to the big teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭djan

Looper007 wrote: »
    beaten Liverpool and Spures (twice)

drew with Everton, Chelsea and Utd at home
    beaten by Chelsea,City, Liverpool and Utd away from home.

Defeats to Stoke and draws to Southampton and West Brom (the other big teams swept the floor with them)

Not good enough.

Everton and Spurs are not big teams, this season big teams have been man city, chelsea and liverpool. From those games we have got 4/15 points we have a serious task on now to get 4th.

Andre Marriner has told Oxlade-Chamberlain he deserved an Oscar for his turn in 12 Years A Slave

(trying to laugh so I don't fall into the pits of depression)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

blingrhino wrote: »

Liverpool are a bigger team than you and we gave you a good walloping recently too. Same old frailties.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Liverpool are a bigger team than you and we gave you a good walloping recently too. Same old frailties.

What utter bollox

Liverpool have never won the EPL and won't win it this season either.
    Living on past glories is pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

this season liverpool are a better team then arsenal

Just wait for the European Cup 5 times nonsense. Forrest and Villa have won a European cup does that make them a bigger club than us, ridiculous logic.

ricero wrote: »
    this season liverpool are a better team then arsenal

Since when has the season finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This is unbelievable.... a bunch of whales would have more composure on the ball than these lads...

Get off Arteta,.... as a matter of interest how many times has Flamini not been in the team for the likes of the City, Liverool drummings?

Chamberlain is having a nightmare....

I despair. What is it with the defence that they get rolled over every time against a team with a potent striking force, in Chelsea's case, an explosive midfield.... serious questions need to be asked after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I see Liverpool supporters are back again..

*leaves thread*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Arsenal's ability to win trophies is increasingly an item of the past. Your current team is gutless, and has been ruthlessly exposed today just as you were at Anfield last month.

• Advertisement

Kos off, oh dear :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Good luck in the FA cup. ;)

Enjoy 3rd this year. Try not get a nosebleed from being that high.

I can see it now, the reason we wont sign a top striker and defensive mid in the summer, we will have to go through a qualifying round at the end of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭handsfree

handsfree wrote: »
    worryingly we've been spanked in our early kick-offs (man c & pool). we've also performed poorly since ramsey went out injured.

I think we can win this game but like last week, it'll be difficult to watch.

organisationally we've been weak against the big boys. it's time Wenger started setting his team's up to counter our opponents strengths rather than just turn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Just a reminder to all who decide to use this thread. Play nice and look to argue a point rather than start an arguement.

• Advertisement

Arsenal's ability to win trophies is increasingly an item of the past. Your current team is gutless, and has been ruthlessly exposed today just as you were at Anfield last month.

Did we not beat your team twice?
    Where does that put them? Ruthlessly exposed and even more gutless?

Ramsey made Arteta look like a top player in the midfield, thats how good he is.

And you're racking up the trophies :rolleyes:

We beat you twice already this season, remember. Ok the 5-1 was impressive but Liverpool are in no position to slag our club off.

This is the very reason nobody wants Liverpool to win the league

I can see it now, the reason we wont sign a top striker and defensive mid in the summer, we will have to go through a qualifying round at the end of august.

Unless utd win it :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dont be ridiculous, ffs the EPL is the same competition its just a name change.
    Its like saying Arsenal never won the league if the powers that be changed the title of the competition next year :rolleyes:

I fear for us now making the cut for the CL ....... I know the top 4 places very tight but we have a huge task. My optimism has vanished.

Dcully wrote: »
    Its like saying Arsenal never won the league if the powers that be changed the title of the competition next year :rolleyes:

Yeah your lot seem to have a mental block about it though :D

This is the very reason nobody wants Liverpool to win the league

Yeah I was being nice yesterday saying I'd like them to win cos of how long they have gone without the league and having never actually won the Premiership, but given their gloating having won nothing, I think Man City would be alright.

Dcully wrote: »

The point is Liverpool fans have some neck coming in here slagging us when weve been more successful the last 20 years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement