Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I'll be honest, only caught the laat ten minutes. Looked like we were playing for a draw. No sense of urgency at all.

Worst part if all this is that I'm shouting for Sp*rs now tomorrow.

How can The Arsenal team put us through that?!

:pac:

To be fair we were down to 10 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Jaafa wrote: »
    I've a bad feeling this Ramsey injury will be a season long thing. It'll be a goddamn miracle and testament to Wenger and the players if we win this league with the luck we've had.

Walcott and now Ramsey. What we need now is for Wenger to stop being so stubborn and plug the obvious holes in the squad. People call him a genius but wr haven't had a trophy in 9 years and this is our best chance. I think it will be more a testament to his ineptness if he doesn't strengthen and it will be unforgivable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Walcott and now Ramsey. What we need now is for Wenger to stop being so stubborn and plug the obvious holes in the squad. People call him a genius but wr haven't had a trophy in 9 years and this is our best chance. I think it will be more a testament to his ineptness if he doesn't strengthen and it will be unforgivable.

Wow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wenger you teasing fcuker.

Although don't mind being teased as long it ends up with a happy ending.

Fingers crossed

Why what did he say?

Just watched Flamini's tackle there now - ridiculous, how could Wenger defend it:D You can't tackle like that ball or no ball. I see some on Twitter saying Rafael's against Chelsea was the exact same but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been a red!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lot of people pissed off with podolski strolling around at the end, didnt see it myself.

I seen it, towards the end we broke with Ozil and I think it was Gibbs or Ox who ran past a walking Podolski in the centre circle, I even said it to the brother "look at that lazy pox Podolski" but looking back it was probably more of an instruction to not go all out attack, but it looked bad alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think there's been some exagerration of the Ramsey injury. This is what Arsene had to say...

Wenger on Ramsey: "Unfortunately he had a setback in training. Hopefully he's not out too long but he won't be available for Sunday's game"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

We are top of the league by two points right now, we will probable still be here this time next week.

City need to be super this coming week in order to jump us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Jesus lads, you're some bunch to go from cold to hot to cold again. Draw at Southampton is no disgrace.
    Ramsey is bad news if true but he's unlikely to hit top form immediately anyway and at least in that part of the field Arsenal has the most depth, still plenty of quality there. Compared to City Arsenal will always look barebones.
    I don't think a panic buy would help matters in any way. Especially not if the supposed target is injured himself. Schalke manager said to today no way Draxler's leaving before the summer unless a crazy offer (50-60m) comes in.
    Let all calm down a bit now.

saul-goodman.jpg

P.S. City will win tomorrow (I hope - accumulator) but that doesn't mean anything. Long way to go still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

HazDanz wrote: »
    We are top of the league by two points right now, we will probable still be here this time next week.

City need to be super this coming week in order to jump us.

Indeed. We are well in it.
    But then just look at the back-up City have if players get injured.
    They can replace like with like. We can't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This.

They recently lost Aguero. Their star player by a country mile, they continued to thrash everyone by 3 or 4 goals, didn't miss him one bit. If we loose Giroud it's good night Irene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

True.

I think though a lot of our issues is growing pains mentally. Same team went out first half compared to second and we got two different performances. It isn't fatigue in my books, it's something else when we see blips in play like we did tonight.

If Mert was captain as well tonight we probable would have won ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Looks like Flamini will be banned for 4 games due to his second suspension. all of a sudden looking very light in midfield :(

Looks like Flamini will be banned for 4 games due to his second suspension. all of a sudden looking very light in midfield :(

What's Rosicky's status? Wasn't on the bench tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What's Rosicky's status? Wasn't on the bench tonight.

I dunno, Actually I forgot about him. If we get him and jack back we should be ok I suppose.

A new signing by the end of the week would give us a nice boost. Wenger seemed reasonably positive about the possibility so fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

We all wanted and in some ways expected a win tonight but Southampton are no joke this year and considering we had 10 men for much of second half and went a goal down early on in game a point is not the worst result.

But with the schedule we have ahead of us 3 points tonight were very important so ya I have to admit im disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Luckily for us City will play Chelsea on Monday. Ideally that's a draw and we crush Palace :D My worry is that City get six points tonight and on Monday, and the subsequent momentum makes them untouchable. We all know that City are our main threat but are they good enough to beat Spurs and Chelsea in quick succession? Let's hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

With our injuries and fixture list I'm thinking it would be better if we weren't in one of the cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

With our injuries and fixture list I'm thinking it would be better if we weren't in one of the cups.

was just saying to a buddy of mine we shouldn't be too bummed to lose against bayern. if it keeps our season on track.

once we don't take a spanking :)

also last night was unfortunate, but hopefully we don't sleepwalk into games again. awful first half, great recovery, then back to sleep for the equaliser. I tell ye i'd be looking at offering some cash for Morgan Schneiderlin, he'd be ideal in the engine room. also lallana was great last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Been linked with Schneiderlin in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's funny, if at the start of the season you told me that by the middle of January, Arsenal would be top of the table, and I'd be hoping for a Spurs win, I'd have laughed in your face.

Now though?

TIM SHERWOOD'S A GOONER!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

It seems we've made a formal bid of 24.7 mil for Draxler....I know it's only Metro and Daily star. But, As Wenger said will have something on Friday...may be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Would make sense, its way below the asking price.

It seems we've made a formal bid of 24.7 mil for Draxler....I know it's only Metro and Daily star. But, As Wenger said will have something on Friday...may be

That's way too low if true. Does sound like Arsenal tho. Piss off the selling club and allow another club to make a proper bid and pinch him from us.

Yep that's the way Wenger deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sounds about right for a 20 year old. Hardly gonna bid the asking price straight away anyway..

AdamD wrote: »
    Sounds about right for a 20 year old. Hardly gonna bid the asking price straight away anyway..

True enough but all were doing with that bid is alerting other clubs that were serious about bringing him to the club giving them the opportunity to outbid us, Watch City come in now and blow us out of the water :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Around 30 should be right, ozil the finished article was 40 so draxler with potential should be 30

Mitroglu of Olympiakos linked with Fulham, think he would do a decent job for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gringo180 wrote: »
    True enough but all were doing with that bid is alerting other clubs that were serious about bringing him to the club giving them the opportunity to outbid us, Watch City come in now and blow us out of the water :rolleyes:
    I'm sure they were already aware of our interest before this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Utd beat the bottom club at home 2-0

We get a decent enough point away to saints

All of a sudden it's a 3 way battle between us Liverpool and utd for 2 champions legaue places ffs

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All of a sudden it's a 3 way battle between us Liverpool and utd for 2 champions legaue places ffs

Which rag is saying that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

are we not still top of the table last time I checked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

jonny666 wrote: »
    are we not still top of the table last time I checked

Pfft.

The league table as it appears:

1. Arsenal
    2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Liverpool
    5. Spurs

League table in the newspapers:

2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Liverpool
    5. Spurs
    6. Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is Draxler injured or what?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have a good feeling about today. Draxler to sign and City to get stuffed :D

Is Draxler injured or what?

Yes, until sometime in March apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sky say we have a delegation in negotiations with Schalke http://news.sky.com/story/1203008/arsenal-linked-with-big-money-draxler-move

• Advertisement

Talk of a CM as well. Schneiderlin would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

greendom wrote: »

Was just going to mention him, thought he was outstanding last night. Would be a great long term replacement for Arteta.

greendom wrote: »

I don't think there needs to be a massive over reaction to last night but there have been signs that Arteta and Flamini given their age and some performances are not long term options. We need a new defined defensive/holding midfielder.

Lars Bender again maybe?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Would make sense, its way below the asking price.

Im conflicted on the whole thing. I mean we probably will have to pay north of 30m to land him in fairness and the reported bid is a bit too low but at the end of the day any more than 35m for a 19 year old is bordering on ludicrous no matter how good he is. But the fact we have the delegation team out in Germany though would give Schalke some confidence that we are serious as opposed to say if we faxed them the offer.

I don't think there needs to be a massive over reaction to last night but there have been signs that Arteta and Flamini given their age and some performances are not long term options. We need a new defined defensive/holding midfielder.

Lars Bender again maybe?

Gundogan maybe could be the better option?

Have a good feeling about today. Draxler to sign and City to get stuffed :D

I've a feeling Spurs will a result tonight myself. That 6-0 will have hurt them like hell and with a new fresh face on the touchline they might have a point to prove. Even if it does help Arsenal they will want to be trying to get top 4 and what a lift to them if they can take a scalp off Man City tonight. Chelsea seems to be the even bigger threat coming up on the opposite rear view mirror. Dont forget Chelsea beat City and while City might be freescoring, Chelsea are hard to score against

• Advertisement

Do we need another centre midfielder tho :confused: I think we would be better off spending on a CF or CB instead of another midfielder.

I think sp*rs will let in at least 3 tonight unfortunately.

I think sp*rs will let in at least 3 tonight unfortunately.

The way i see it if Watford can go to the Etihad and take a two-nil lead then City are by no means invincible. There is chinks in the armour. I reckon Spurs can get a draw tonight....<shudder.......feels dirty>

Do we need another centre midfielder tho :confused: I think we would be better off spending on a CF or CB instead of another midfielder.

Lads were on about more long term option with Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini in their 30s (Flamini will turn 30 in March).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So I was half right yesterday when some had a go at me about sources!

Pfft sources...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement