Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's so hard to believe Wenger is 64 now! I mean...64! That is too old being honest! Look around the rest of the Premier League at the ages of the managers in it! We do need a younger manager being honest, Brendan Rodgers is 41. Him and other younger managers are the future of English/World football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

DenMan wrote: »
    It's so hard to believe Wenger is 64 now! I mean...64! That is too old being honest! Look around the rest of the Premier League at the ages of the managers in it! We do need a younger manager being honest, Brendan Rodgers is 41. Him and other younger managers are the future of English/World football.

Fergie was 71 when he won the Premier League last year. Age doesnt come into it once he is still up to the pressure.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Fergie was 71 when he won the Premier League last year. Age doesnt come into it once he is still up to the pressure.

Fergie was used to so much success and he had a team who believed in him! That's a great foundation to have! Plus they won the Champions League...TWICE! I don't think this Arsenal team has much faith in Wenger anymore, especially players like Cazorla and Vermaelen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Is there many of the lads that have won a league in any country? 3 maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Fergie was used to so much success and he had a team who believed in him! That's a great foundation to have! Plus they won the Champions League...TWICE! I don't think this Arsenal team has much faith in Wenger anymore, especially players like Cazorla and Vermaelen.

Why would Cazorla?
    He had his best season under Wenger. :confused:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I wouldn't Cazorla?
    He had his best season under Wenger. :confused:

He's looked really down the last month or so! Plus I saw him shake his head at the substitution of Podolski for Vermalean. I'd trust Podolski more to put away a pass from Cazorla over Giroud. All is not well in the camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ya, thats why Cazorla refused to sign a new contract....oh wait.

He's looked really down the last month or so! Plus I saw him shake his head at the substitution of Vermalean for Podolski today. I'd trust Podolski more to put away a pass from Cazorla over Giroud. All is not well in the camp!

I think you're looking into it too much.
    Vermaelen I could understand.. but not Cazorla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Don't think you can take anything from this game other than the fact that for all our vaunted solidity, we still lack bottle at key times.

This year we've stopped dropping silly points. Hopefully, next year we can learn to pick up good points.

It's really hard to take bit we won't win the league this year simply because we don't deserve to. We went away to Chelsea and Liverpool and pretty much conceded goals as quickly as we could. Puts the poor performances against Man U in context too.

They say you have to lose one to win one. I hope the Hirt and shame from this runs deep and spurs the players on next season.

I think you're looking into it too much.
    Vermaelen I could understand.. but not Cazorla.

He knew it was a wrong decision to sub him! Even with 10 men we could have still hurt Chelsea and keeping Podolski on would have helped! Instead we just caved in! Took off a striker and brought on a defender! Played into Chelsea's hands! Losing Koscielny too was an uphill mountain to climb in the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Pains me to watch MOTD any time we lose, but after todays result I just cant stomach watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Decided to bite the bullet and watch the highlights. Ive one question, what the **** was Gibbs doing for those 2 first goals, absolutely outrageous positioning by a premier league full back, absolutely nowhere to be seen. Wenger is gone at the end of the season mark my words I can see it in his eyes in that interview, he knows hes taking the team as far as he can :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Gus99 wrote: »
    Correct. They probably have around £100m to spend in the summer on transfers (incl the first year of wages of any players they buy). Which I hope they do spend, on the right players. However some earlier posts were glossing over the fact that up until very recently we had to make an annual operating profit (after player trading) of £20m just to meet the debt repayments, and this was not easy based on the commercial deals we had been locked into. It will be much easier going forward.

Exactly right. We do have it now. To say we did before is completely wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Wenger looked very down in that interview, almost like he knows this is close to the end. I admire the man greatly, respect everything he has done on and off the field, I've criticised him plenty of times but it pains me to see him broken after a game, especially on his big day.
    I think he will go at the end of the season.

Someone asked a few pages back who would you rather see win the league, I'm going to go with Liverpool, they play the right way, haven't relied on a sugar daddy like some others and I think Stevie G deserves a winners medal. I couldn't say Chelsea because I can't stand mourinho and can't say city because they are just buying success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I might also add that my Liverpool friends including my brother would make my life a misery if the pool won the league, I don't mind the plebs on here because there's always the ignore button. It's a no win situation really...

wonga77 wrote: »
    I might also add that my Liverpool friends including my brother would make my life a misery if the pool won the league, I don't mind the plebs on here because there's always the ignore button. It's a no win situation really...

Is there an Ignore button for your family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Pains me to watch MOTD any time we lose, but after todays result I just cant stomach watching it.

I never go near it when we lose and I had no intention of changing that today it was bad enough the first time. I wasn't going to go through with that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Gus99 wrote: »
    Correct. They probably have around £100m to spend in the summer on transfers (incl the first year of wages of any players they buy). Which I hope they do spend, on the right players. However some earlier posts were glossing over the fact that up until very recently we had to make an annual operating profit (after player trading) of £20m just to meet the debt repayments, and this was not easy based on the commercial deals we had been locked into. It will be much easier going forward.

i think 08 is the last time arsenal were in profit, excluding player sales.
    though even those commercial deals were poor they were around 16-20mil a season i think, prize money gained in those seasons (league + CL) would've covered the loans too, however in the summer they had 70mil to spend - that was accumulated over that period, 70mil!
    surely they could've spent some that? a player or two, whatever it would've helped out (injuries, etc.)

they like playing the pauper card but it loses its credibility when you're sitting on cash, everyone - pundits, papers, fans - attacks it based on that, "you've money but don't spend it"
    have 70mil, spend 40 on ozil, announce HY accounts and now have 120 - WTF

but that's gone, going forward; well it should be easier but how much faith can you've in it?
    I think they will spend or want to spend but i'm not sure if they're willing to go the lengths or actually know how to spend it.

the summer was a failure target wise & they landed on their feet i think. go after a DM, namely bender & gustavo, get neither. then they happen to have flamini asking to come and train at the club.
    go after a CF; higuain, between price & thinking suarez is available it goes no further with him (i've no really problem there, prioritising LS) but it also goes nowhere with suarez either.

so after an opening day loss to villa the two positions targeted are still unfilled & this all against the backdrop of 'rooney, we could do more than rooney' 70mil, increasing fan frustration from all angles etc. no further forward.
    that flamini lad who dropped in to train, sure we'll sign him. Cirque du Real was in full swing too at this stage late august, offering ozil to man u, then in the last 24/48 hours to arsenal - they took him, they HAD to.

money was spent on ozil & flamini turned out to be shrewd signing, coupled with a good run of form in the league, everything was rosy. landed on their feet, shortcomings forgotten.

the january window, i wouldn't view it as critically as a lot on here. though if draxler has a release clause of 35/37 for the summer, how do you expect to sign him for 30 in jan? if it was a case of really wanting him & not going that extra bit, that'd be different but it's hard to know.
    kallstrom as farcical as it was, it was a freak occurrence & spartak covered the cost until he was fit again

amy lawrence & raffa honegstein were talking on football weekly about dick law apparently showing up at different clubs in the summer and basically making take it or leave it offers, never heard from again - that can't be happening again
    they also thought that with the ozil deal - pressure they were under, time constraints - that they just had go get the deal done, no time for haggling and went against their better judgement and paid slightly more than they wanted but it they didn't seem to learn from it (referring to January)

it should be easier in the future but they can't repeat what they done last summer again. they need to get who they want, strengthen where they want.

on wenger staying, i'm not sure what to think apart from i wish he had 15 months left instead of 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I don't think wenger will stay on

I agree I think if he wins the cup this season I could see him stepping down.
    He looks like defeated man to me, the loses over bigger clubs this season and the way he just sits on the bench looking lost shows me he's at the end. Could be wrong but some young blood and a manager not afraid to splash the cash on players would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wonga77 wrote: »
    Wenger looked very down in that interview, almost like he knows this is close to the end. I admire the man greatly, respect everything he has done on and off the field, I've criticised him plenty of times but it pains me to see him broken after a game, especially on his big day.
    I think he will go at the end of the season.

Someone asked a few pages back who would you rather see win the league, I'm going to go with Liverpool, they play the right way, haven't relied on a sugar daddy like some others and I think Stevie G deserves a winners medal. I couldn't say Chelsea because I can't stand mourinho and can't say city because they are just buying success

All wengers fault.

in terms of success he will go down as an average manager. not one of the greatest managers sadly.

People will remember Morinho, Guadoila, heck even ancheloti in 30 years time and wenger not at all.

Its sad. The man has only himself to blame. He is too stubborn, too stupid and too one dimenstional to see change and admit defeat(on his philosophy and tacitcs)

sad times as he imo should have been sacked 4 years ago.

what has changed by keeping him from 4 years ago to now? Has he changed? Has he won something? Has he showed that this club can compete at the very best?

Hell no he hasnt. He has not progressed.

He has two choices.

1. Completely change your philosophy and ways and adapt and play like the top teams tacics

2. Call it time and quit for the greater good of the club.

And before most of you arsenal fans moan about my post. i have more right then some of you here as i like 60k+ fans who take time to go see this **** side play and pay more then any League club in europe to see us get spanked 6:0?

no sorry. that is not acceptable.

Wenger has to go or he has to change his ideas COMPLETELY.

just ****ing copy morinho's tactics and stile if need be! Have a plan B and C!! this is beyond stupid now.

Wenger needs to take a long hard look at the mirror.

All wengers fault.

in terms of success he will go down as an average manager. not one of the greatest managers sadly.

People will remember Morinho, Guadoila, heck even ancheloti in 30 years time and wenger not at all.

Its sad. The man has only himself to blame. He is too stubborn, too stupid and too one dimenstional to see change and admit defeat(on his philosophy and tacitcs)

what has changed by keeping him from 4 years ago to now? Has he changed? Has he won something? Has he showed that this club can compete at the very best?

He has two choices.

1. Completely change your philosophy and ways and adapt and play like the top teams tacics

And before most of you arsenal fans moan about my post. i have more right then some of you here as i like 60k+ fans who take time to go see this **** side play and pay more then any League club in europe to see us get spanked 6:0?

just ****ing copy morinho's tactics and stile if need be! Have a plan B and C!! this is beyond stupid now.

No I think you do..
    Fair enough you're angry about the result and you've every right to be.

But show some ****ing respect to the greatest manager this club has ever had.
    You talk about Wenger like he's done nothing for the club and then praise Mourinho.. Can you honestly say Mourinho would have stuck with any team that had financial constraints? The answer is No!

What Wenger has achieved will go down long in history.

Oh and that last little about you having "more right than some" because you go see them every week.. Guess what? Don't bother going anymore.. The club don't need fans like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

All wengers fault.

He has two choices.

An average manager? He managed the ****ing invincibles. Let alone everything else he did.

All wengers fault.

He has two choices.

An absolute disgrace of a post and maybe it's time you looked to Man City and Chelsea for weekly satisfaction.

And 60,000 do not feel the same nor the away support today. It's keyboard warriors like yourself that consistently let the club down with claptrap like this. All you want is success and to be on the right side. Fair play and good luck to ya but Arsenal is not the Club for you.

I love this club. I love spending my times in the Emirates when I can. But why do I and all fans yearn for success more than most? Why does defeat hurt so bad? Because we love Arsenal but we also love Arsenal that Wenger built. We want him to succeed more than anyone. And that is why defeat hurts so much. We want THIS Arsenal to succeed.

We have had terrible results. Wenger was WRONG today as he conceded. We know that. But as I said earlier we are only in the title race because of our kind run of fixtures early in the season. Anyone that got excited in January was easily fooled. People will pop to Liverpool - no Europe and have had the magnificent luck of no injuries to their 3 most attacking players.

The hyperbole and over reaction has been ridiculous. Did any of you read the tributes and reaction to Wenger's 1000th game?

He deserves his chance to compete. He has the money for the first time in 5/6 years and I believe he will very competitive in the transfer market.

He has started that process.

And DO NOT FORGET the only reason Ozil signed was because of Wenger and the promise of the future of the Club.

Read into Arsenal. Look at this super Club. Read in depth in quality and to the people who know. Do not- DO NOT get the update from the usual rag for finances like that was quoted earlier. No one - absolutely no one would have done what Wenger would have done from 07-12 even if trophy wise it was ****. He has secured this Clubs future and deserves lee way.

I am going to bed to a YouTube of my favourite Arsenal chant....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSRngMaYZ5g

No I think you do..
    Fair enough you're angry about the result and you've every right to be.

But show some ****ing respect to the greatest manager this club has ever had.
    You talk about Wenger like he's done nothing for the club and then praise Mourinho.. Can you honestly say Mourinho would have stuck with any team that had financial constraints? The answer is No!

What Wenger has achieved will go down long in history.

Oh and that last little about you having "more right than some" because you go see them every week.. Guess what? Don't bother going anymore.. The club don't need fans like you.

Hear hear fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Can't believe people are calling for Wengers head! Yes we have had a few very painful defeats this season but given the fact that we have lost some of our key attacking players to long term injuries I actually think it is a miracle that we were still in the top four.

Yes we could have tried to bring in a few more bodies in the Jan transfer window but even if we did there was no guarantee that they would perform immediately.

At the start of the season after the Villa defeat I would have snapped someone's hand off for a top four finish and a good chance at the FA cup. Yes we did have as chance to win the league this season with the collapse of united and the slip ups by the other teams but it was an outside chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

All wengers fault.

He has two choices.

Probably the most idiotic post I've seen on here in quiet some time, and from a poster who usually makes valid points. It's a shame to see reactions like this from fans after bad games like this. Wenger has his faults, I've pointed some myself in the past, but he is far from an average manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

WOW! so ya go to a few games and you can post with more authority than most??? Doesn't work like that pal.
    And anyway, the post was mindless to say the least.
    Im a Liverpool fan but to say Wenger will be not remembered is crazy.
    Will Henry, Bergkamp, Viera, Pires, Walcott, VAn Pierse and oh so many more not be remembered???
    They will, and thats thanks to Wenger.
    If it wasn't for him you lot would still be getting 38000 at "the Library" finishing top 10 at best.
    But the real Arsenal fans here know all this.

You were top of the league not too long ago. Surely that was down to Wenger? Calling for his head is madness imo.

Injuries have crippled your team at the wrong time of the season.

Also, wanting Wenger replaced with Martinez? Careful what you wish for. Look what happened Utd replacing stability with a manager who has limited success and no experience at a top club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So Wenger doesn't need to change?

Average manager....yes particuary based on the last 8 years. With the resorces in Arsenal AW is getting out about the minimum you would expect. They are clearly stronger than Everton/Spurs and as such top 4 is really a given with a average manager. What makes him great? To be great he needs to deiver and he has failed to do that. His team has not gotten any better (or leat better compared to the opposition). He has not won any trophy but worse than that he hasn't even looked like winning any (apart from league cup but thats hardly a glory anyway).

What in the last 8 years shows you that somehow this is the time that he will change?

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So Wenger doesn't need to change?

Average manager....yes particuary based on the last 8 years. With the resorces in Arsenal AW is getting out about the minimum you would expect. They are clearly stronger than Everton/Spurs and as such top 4 is really a given with a average manager. What makes him great? To be great he needs to deiver and he has failed to do that. His team has not gotten any better (or leat better compared to the opposition). He has not won any trophy but worse than that he hasn't even looked like winning any (apart from league cup but thats hardly a glory anyway).

What in the last 8 years shows you that somehow this is the time that he will change?

So they are clearly stronger than Spurs and Everton, but this has nothing to do with Wenger? He has achieved the minimum that an average manager would get. So does that make most Liverpool managers for the last two decades below average as they couldn't do it consistently? You talk about the resources available but you obviously don't have a clue what you are talking abut because he has consistently delivered top four positions all through the building, and paying of a new stadium.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Wenger out again??

As an opposing fan I would like nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Quazzie wrote: »
    So they are clearly stronger than Spurs and Everton, but this has nothing to do with Wenger? He has achieved the minimum that an average manager would get. So does that make most Liverpool managers for the last two decades below average as they couldn't do it consistently? You talk about the resources available but you obviously don't have a clue what you are talking abut because he has consistently delivered top four positions all through the building, and paying of a new stadium.

Of course it has to do with AW, but based on resourses its exactly what he should be doing.

Most Liverpool managers the last 20 years have been below standard. They finally get in a good manager with Rodgers and look at them.

Arsenal have some of the biggest commercial deals in the league, big stadium, high paying fans. Hardly a pauper. Its not that he isn't winning the league, but he shows no signs that they are closer to winning it than years ago.

Good managers don't make mistakes, good managers learn from them. Which of these is Wenger?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Arsenal have some of the biggest commercial deals in the league, big stadium, high paying fans. Hardly a pauper.

Now they do yes. Before now we haven't as many of our deals were done because of the new stadium. We are only starting to get rid of these deals now.

You say he is underperforming for the resources available to him. He has had less resources than Man City, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Spurs, and has consistently finished ahead of or amongst them. If it was based solely on resources available he'd be in Europa league spot at best. Other teams have consistently out spent us, but not consistently finished ahead of us.

To make it easier. Name a manager you think could take over and achieve more than Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Results and trophy wise Wenger hasn't been top class recently but for running a club, balancing the books turning a profit while building a new stadium he has been top class, unfortunately for fans the latter doesn't mean much.

I'm firmly in the Wenger 4eva camp but That's not to say haven't been disappointed at how things have been done on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I reckon if wenger leaves we will realise this squad is not As good as we think it is

This thread has gone full retard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

gosplan wrote: »

Thought only I could see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭G1032

All wengers fault.

He has two choices.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous couple of sentences I've ever read on the internet............
    I didn't continue to read the rest of the post...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So what was going on with Gibbs yesterday. So woefully out of position for their first 2 goals I wonder whether the ref sent him off for not being good enough. Up until yesterday I thought he might still be in with a chance of going to Brazil. He has generally been solid though when he has played. Injuries haven't helped and perhaps he wasn't 100% yesterday ?

I get the feeling that Arteta has been over-used this season and his legs are just not up to it. He couldn't cope with the Chelsea midfield yesterday and Ox showed that he's not ready for cm yet either. The game was lost in midfield and it really wasn't pleasent.

I really like Giroud and have long defended him on this thread but he is just not capable of performing the job expected of him in the last 2 games. He's willing but being up front on his own just doesn't work. I can't see us ever going back to 4 4 2 so that means having midfielders prepared to break to be alongside him or ahead of him. He can't do the lone furrow thing and it's painful to watch him try.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »

3lcd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

folks saying wenger should be sacked, saddens me greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Arsenal have had money to spend otherwise they wouldn't have so much in the bank
    70mil + accumulated over recent seasons
    Why was at least some of that not spent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Haven't read any of this thread, but I can imagine how it's gone down. If we finish top 4 and win the FA Cup (which is by no means a given), it will have been a very good season. I reckon if our midfield wasn't so decimated at such a crucial stage of the season, we'd be genuine title contenders right now. If we can repeat what we did last season and strengthen the squad while keeping our best players at the club, then next season should be very promising. Can't believe we've been so bad so often though, bitterly disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭G1032

Worth a read........ A lot of valid points

http://le-grove.co.uk/2014/03/23/i-hope-arsene-doesnt-sign/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Arsenal have had money to spend otherwise they wouldn't have so much in the bank
    70mil + accumulated over recent seasons
    Why was at least some of that not spent?

I remember reading last year that it had to do with stadium
    loan. One of the terms was to have a large reserve, I assume it was in case the clubs revenues slumped. It may have been there but I don't think the club could have touched it. This year is the first one where we have had decent funds available, and they are still only a fraction of the funds available to the nouveau riche clubs for transfers.

L'prof wrote: »
    Haven't read any of this thread, but I can imagine how it's gone down. If we finish top 4 and win the FA Cup (which is by no means a given), it will have been a very good season. I reckon if our midfield wasn't so decimated at such a crucial stage of the season, we'd be genuine title contenders right now. If we can repeat what we did last season and strengthen the squad while keeping our best players at the club, then next season should be very promising. Can't believe we've been so bad so often though, bitterly disappointing.

All very true.

The implosions have been shameful. That's the main thing to work on next year. We need to see improvement tbh.

Last 5 seasons Away results vs top 4 finishers (incl. this season):

P 15
    W 1
    D 1
    L 13
    F 13
    A 44

That is why everyone wrote us off and their 100% correct

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

G1032 wrote: »
    Worth a read........ A lot of valid points

http://le-grove.co.uk/2014/03/23/i-hope-arsene-doesnt-sign/

Finding it hard to disagree with a lot of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

An absolute disgrace of a post and maybe it's time you looked to Man City and Chelsea for weekly satisfaction.

And 60,000 do not feel the same nor the away support today. It's keyboard warriors like yourself that consistently let the club down with claptrap like this. All you want is success and to be on the right side. Fair play and good luck to ya but Arsenal is not the Club for you.

I love this club. I love spending my times in the Emirates when I can. But why do I and all fans yearn for success more than most? Why does defeat hurt so bad? Because we love Arsenal but we also love Arsenal that Wenger built. We want him to succeed more than anyone. And that is why defeat hurts so much. We want THIS Arsenal to succeed.

We have had terrible results. Wenger was WRONG today as he conceded. We know that. But as I said earlier we are only in the title race because of our kind run of fixtures early in the season. Anyone that got excited in January was easily fooled. People will pop to Liverpool - no Europe and have had the magnificent luck of no injuries to their 3 most attacking players.

The hyperbole and over reaction has been ridiculous. Did any of you read the tributes and reaction to Wenger's 1000th game?

He deserves his chance to compete. He has the money for the first time in 5/6 years and I believe he will very competitive in the transfer market.

He has started that process.

And DO NOT FORGET the only reason Ozil signed was because of Wenger and the promise of the future of the Club.

Read into Arsenal. Look at this super Club. Read in depth in quality and to the people who know. Do not- DO NOT get the update from the usual rag for finances like that was quoted earlier. No one - absolutely no one would have done what Wenger would have done from 07-12 even if trophy wise it was ****. He has secured this Clubs future and deserves lee way.

I am going to bed to a YouTube of my favourite Arsenal chant....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSRngMaYZ5g

Another fan that has not been to a match? If you did you would know how most fans feel the same about Wenger. He is average now at present. Past it. Won't ever win a title or cl with arsenal ever.

Like I said. If he can change his ways next season that's fine but if not be should go. Simple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement