Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

Id have every last one of the fúckers in training at the crack of dawn this morning for that shambles yesterday.

Doubt they'd be worried, must be 8 players I've read over the season have had big wage increases. One early Sunday morning is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Gotze had his buy-out clause activated and Lewandowski wouldn't sign a new contract.

Still lost his best players and now they have fallen behind

Doubt they'd be worried, must be 8 players I've read over the season have had big wage increases. One early Sunday morning is worth it.

They'd worry under Fergie and thats essentially the difference. Vieira said Wengers main flaw is his loyalty and he was spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

They should be made watch the replay of the match as individuals again and then put forward critiques on their performance. Wenger should do the same.

I remember before when we suffered a massive defeat and the two centre backs rewatched the match and studied it as a unit and identified the weaknesses and where they went wrong. Anyone remember which match that was?

They'd worry under Fergie and thats essentially the difference. Vieira said Wengers main flaw is his loyalty and he was spot on.
    I'd actually love to see the effect on the wage bill from all the new deals. Already had the 4th highest in the league, some of the increases were for players on peanuts beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Still lost his best players and now they have fallen behind

Did you read my post?
    They only lost Gotze (Lewy is still there until the summer) and they replaced him with Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan.

The reason they've fallen behind is because nearly all there players are injured.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Did you read my post?
    They only lost Gotze (Lewy is still there until the summer) and they replaced him with Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan.

The reason they've fallen behind is because nearly all there players are injured.

My point been we have always lost our best players and always had alot injures yet wenger kept us up there

They should be made watch the replay of the match as individuals again and then put forward critiques on their performance. Wenger should do the same.

I remember before when we suffered a massive defeat and the two centre backs rewatched the match and studied it as a unit and identified the weaknesses and where they went wrong. Anyone remember which match that was?

AC Milan in the San Siro perhaps? There was a serious backlash after that game.
    Mozart, Ox and Cazorla will be particularly concerned about their performance and i also think Gibbs was piss poor for Schurrles goal (the second)

My point been we have always lost our best players and always had alot injures yet wenger kept us up there

A fair point but to be honest i cant help feeling the needs of the squad has become second in terms of priorities at Arsenal football club and its ironic given that the squad is our product that rakes in the revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Genuinely think any of the front 6 that played on saturday will be starters for us next season.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They're in 2nd place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

There ia absolutely no way the Board will sack Wenger. It would be beyond crazy. I dont think its even been discussed.

In fact the likelihood is that Wenger is behind most of these decisions. Hopefully he is actually crackin the whip.

There ia absolutely no way the Board will sack Wenger. It would be beyond crazy. I dont think its even been discussed.

In fact the likelihood is that Wenger is behind most of these decisions. Hopefully he is actually crackin the whip.

A new manager would come in and demand a war chest straight away. The board deciding to sack Wenger would be essentially turkeys voting for Christmas.

Vermaelen was the fall guy last time Wenger was thick, who do you think it is this time? Giroud, Podolski or Santi?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Vermaelen was the fall guy last time Wenger was thick, who do you think it is this time? Giroud, Podolski or Santi?

Podolski has taken enough falls off Wenger despite doing well. Giroud has already been dropped for a poor Sanogo which hasnt worked out and tbh i wouldnt fault either Giroud or Pod for effort. Santi on the other hand should fall on his sword as soon as Rambo comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Id have every last one of the fúckers in training at the crack of dawn this morning for that shambles yesterday.

Sloppiness is poor enough but the lack of effort and facilitating such space is utterly unforgivable. I don't ask much of teams i support but for one key key ingredient...effort. If you go down then go down fighting in a blaze of glory. Downing tools and whimpering into the night is not good enough.

Herbert Chapman would probably turn in his grave if he thought this is what the club has amounted to.

Totally agree, I think it's the players who need to step up and take the responsibility...how many world-class players does Liverpool have...JUST ONE and at a long stretch may be TWO... but their team is playing like a team full of world class players, simply because of their work-rate. It's clear some of our players are not pulling their weight. What happened yesterday was atrocious and the thing is it has happened twice before...even then they haven't learned from it...I don't care what people say for me Giroud is worse than a donkey, pace is not be all and end all...players use their body, their positioning to create chances...he does fcuk all...As good as Santi is he can't run with the ball...I've seen him so many times he gets clear but doesn't run with the ball...Arteta hasn't got the legs anymore....Chesney has gone cocky for me... I could go on about the whole team bar one or two...basically nobody feckin bothered to turn up yesterday knowing how important that game was

obviously Wenger has to take a lot of blame... some of his tactics especially playing high line and Arteta against the Cnut Mourinho's teams...His teams are set-up to suck up the pressure and hit on the counter....and this is not the first time...Fergie and Mourinho have used this tactic against Arsenal on numerous occasions and Wenger hasn't learned from it...It's not naivety it's plain stupidity...He seriously needs to crack the whip...If I don't see a reaction on Tuesday...It's definitely time for Wenger to go at the end of the season and

Sorry folks, end of my rant...was controlling it from yesterday afternoon...

Podolski has taken enough falls off Wenger despite doing well. Giroud has already been dropped for a poor Sanogo which hasnt worked out and tbh i wouldnt fault either Giroud or Pod for effort. Santi on the other hand should fall on his sword as soon as Rambo comes back.

Yup agreed Santi needs a rocketing. I HATE seeing him out the wing, offers nothing and makes our buildup play more stagnant, either he plays the #10 role or not at all.

They're in 2nd place.

23 points behind 1st

Just saying any manager that looses his best players will drop off

I'm not against change I just don't think the grass is always greener

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Rumours are now that Wenger won't extended his contract at the end of the season.

I was the biggest Giroud fan earlier on in season but cant stand him now. Offers absolutely nothing, not even trying or look interested anymore. Cant wait to see him dropped when we get a proper striker.

• Advertisement

Giroud

The youngfella recalled from loan too and wengers was supposedly visibly pïssed off with giroud yesterday

Think he is going to get it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

23 points behind 1st

Just saying any manager that looses his best players will drop off

I'm not against change I just don't think the grass is always greener

I thought you were trying to say that Wenger didn't drop off when he lost his best players and Klopp has.

Giroud

The youngfella recalled from loan too and wengers was supposedly visibly pïssed off with giroud yesterday

Think he is going to get it

I hope so i think we are all fed up of him now.

Yup agreed Santi needs a rocketing. I HATE seeing him out the wing, offers nothing and makes our buildup play more stagnant, either he plays the #10 role or not at all.

For me left back.......in the dressing room. Horrible attitude. Give me a Romford Pele over some of our fly by nights any day of the week. Really need to go back to that sort of player. Fast tenacious and physical.

Ox is generally decent and id say nerves might have crept into his game with the bad start but i honestly believe we made a relatively ordinary Chelsea side look like the red arrows yesterday. The difference is the likes of Hazard or Oscar would be swept off if they were as lapsy daisy-cal as our lads yesterday.

A fair point but to be honest i cant help feeling the needs of the squad has become second in terms of priorities at Arsenal football club and its ironic given that the squad is our product that rakes in the revenue.

Possibly it was, yeah.

Was trying to find a match report and of course we were affected by injuries, even during the game. This quote from Wenger is priceless though, if not a bit tragic, all things considered.
    Vermaelen's story for the best part of two years has majored on hardship and adversity. Never mind the playing out of position, there was a time when the issue was about him playing at all. A problem with the plantaris tendon in his ankle ruined 2010-11 for him and when it flared in the other foot at the start of this season, the outlook felt gloomy.

Wenger noted that "only 25% of the population" had the plantaris and it was tempting to wonder whether Vermaelen had offered a fresh spin on Arsenal fitness woes by developing new body parts to injure. It was, according to Wenger, a "genetic accident". Mercifully, Arsenal's medical staff were better able to diagnose and treat the problem the second time

For me left back.......in the dressing room. Horrible attitude. Give me a Romford Pele over some of our fly by nights any day of the week. Really need to go back to that sort of player. Fast tenacious and physical.

Ox is generally decent and id say nerves might have crept into his game with the bad start but i honestly believe we made a relatively ordinary Chelsea side look like the red arrows yesterday. The difference is the likes of Hazard or Oscar would be swept off if they were as lapsy daisy-cal as our lads yesterday.

Agreed getting sick of these flair players that offer very little again the big teams. We need grinders, would love 11 Ramseys.

Our front 6 next season should be:
    Ramsey new player
    Walcott Ozil Ox/New player
    New player

I thought you were trying to say that Wenger didn't drop off when he lost his best players and Klopp has.

No sorry

We're giving him a hard time but all his best players are out too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Agreed getting sick of these flair players that offer very little again the big teams. We need grinders, would love 11 Ramseys.

Ramsey new player
    New player

Flamini surely? You wont find much more of a fighter than him.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Flamini surely? You wont find much more of a fighter than him.

No good backup dont want him to start. Need someone big and athletic imo. Flamini loses his positional sense during a game. Definitely backup to the new man.

• Advertisement

Ramsey new player
    New player

Has Ox played much on the left? I'd have a new player there tbh with Ox as Theo's back up.

Has Ox played much on the left? I'd have a new player there tbh with Ox as Theo's back up.

Yup fair enough i just was thinking he would hardly sign three new ones.

Costa, Griezmann and Bender would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Thats true but dont agree about Podolski. Been very average. Offers little. Not a winger not a striker. Love the guy and his attitude but not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gibbs. This was by no means his only bad match this season or any other season he's played.
    Monrael not much better. I'd try both on the left side of midfield and if not good enough then out the door.
    New left-back needed.

I think it's good news that we're waning interest in Draxler, because if we bought him and Wenger did see the potential for him to turn into a striker, it would still take time, and we need to hit the ground running. Plus 40 million is a lot to spend on a midfielder/ striker in waiting.

Would rather Griezmann and a top class striker.

Bear in mind that we need to buy a fair few squad players too,to bulk up the squad after the mass exodus of last summer, with more to come on top of that, with the likes of Djourou, Bendter, Fabianski leaving.

Whenever wenger leaves it's gonna be a very sad day for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I think it's good news that we're waning interest in Draxler, because if we bought him and Wenger did see the potential for him to turn into a striker, it would still take time, and we need to hit the ground running. Plus 40 million is a lot to spend on a midfielder/ striker in waiting.

Would rather Griezmann and a top class striker.

Bear in mind that we need to buy a fair few squad players too,to bulk up the squad after the mass exodus of last summer, with more to come on top of that, with the likes of Djourou, Bendter, Fabianski leaving.

Would Loic Remy be good enough for Arsenal?

Would Loic Remy be good enough for Arsenal?

I'd take him as back-up, but not as a main man. He doesn't seem prolific enough. But he has expressed interest in joining the club.

I'd take him as back-up, but not as a main man. He doesn't seem prolific enough. But he has expressed interest in joining the club.

I would take him if we got a world class DM and winger. fast, good hold up play and decent finisher. would be a big improvement on what we have. Could turn out like a Sturridge for us

Wouldnt mind Lallana for the LW spot actually

Whenever wenger leaves it's gonna be a very sad day for me

Yeah and especially if its on a low note. Would be tragic. I remember almost crying looking at Brian Clough all those years ago and i'm not even a Forest fan needless to say.

While Clough's personal life was a bit more turbulent (or at least id imagine it was) its still the end of an era which yielded many positive days. It does have the feeling of the end for Wenger this season in my honest opinion. I reckon he'll go and hopefully it will be after we win the FA cup. He deserves that much at least..

But who would take over? For me Roberto Martinez would be number one.

• Advertisement

Yeah and especially if its on a low note. Would be tragic. I remember almost crying looking at Brian Clough all those years ago and i'm not even a Forest fan needless to say.

While Clough's personal life was a bit more turbulent (or at least id imagine it was) its still the end of an era which yielded many positive days. It does have the feeling of the end for Wenger this season in my honest opinion. I reckon he'll go and hopefully it will be after we win the FA cup. He deserves that much at least..

But who would take over? For me Roberto Martinez would be number one.

What about Pochettino? Utilised youth systems very well at Espanyol and Southampton. Plays good football.

Anyone think if we threw a bit at Juve, we could get Tevez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What about Pochettino? Utilised youth systems very well at Espanyol and Southampton. Plays good football.

:confused:

He can barely speak English

He speaks English well. Just does not to the press. Clever tbh as that means what he says can not be misconstrued.
    Anyone think if we threw a bit at Juve, we could get Tevez?

Not a chance. He's their player of the season and they will want him for the Champions League next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Isn't Manuela still available? :D
    She speaks many languages.

True but I prefer Martinez. Think he is the perfect fit for us and is both young and savvy. Problem is he is perhaps a young Wenger in regards to lack of willingness to rock the boat regarding transfer funds.
    Other than him Jurgen Klopp who is a top coach and a real character.

Isn't Manuela still available? :D
    She speaks many languages.

Be careful or we might end up with Trappatoni. :D Speak of whom id piss myself if he became Spurs new manager. Would sum up the complete car crash that their club is

I'd like an inbetween manager like Rafa and then get Guardiola :)

I'd like an inbetween manager like Rafa and then get Guardiola :)

Rafa over transfers????? Oooohhh i dunno now. Risky risky business. Good man manager but complete lunatic when given power over buying/selling

With our board I can't see it being a problem.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement