Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd like an inbetween manager like Rafa and then get Guardiola :)

Guardiola has been at Bayern for less than a year. Yes, they've dominated but I dont see why he would walk away so soon. I reckon he will be there for at least another two or three seasons depending on how the Champions League goes.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Guardiola has been at Bayern for less than a year. Yes, they've dominated but I dont see why he would walk away so soon. I reckon he will be there for at least another two or three seasons depending on how the Champions League goes.
    I agree, hence we get a manager with a short term (3 years or whatever Pep has left) contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why are we even discussing this? Wenger going nowhere.

With our board I can't see it being a problem.

:D Rafa would probably end up having the shortest reign of any premiership manager. In fact it wouldnt get beyond offer stage, Rafa would probably walk out of the interview. He definitely wouldn't put up with Cazorla walking round the pitch though

I agree, hence we get a manager with a short term (3 years or whatever Pep has left) contract.

I thought you meant one season. Rafa would do in that case but he can be very wasteful with money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I dont want that spanish waiter near my club :pac:

I thought you meant one season. Rafa would do in that case but he can be very wasteful with money.

A player could be still suffering jet-lag and Rafa would decide he isnt up to it after paying 20m for him. Ozil would probably have been loaned back to Germany at Christmas if Rafa managed Arsenal

Wouldn't say that if he got us a CL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'd be behind martinez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Why are we even discussing this? Wenger going nowhere.

It's down to Wenger and if he believes he knows what went wrong in those 3 heavy defeats and if he believes himself to be motivated and able to turn it around. If not he will leave.

greendom wrote: »
    It's down to Wenger and if he believes he knows what went wrong in those 3 heavy defeats and if he believes himself to be motivated and able to turn it around. If not he will leave.

He's never walked out on a contract before. Highly doubt he will now. But, I wouldn't put it pass the board to shove him out with so little time remaining.

He's a very loyal man, but you'd wonder how that loyalty has been paid back. Rvp, Cesc, Song, Nasri...

This could be the last of a long line of people (arguably) not standing by him.

He's never walked out on a contract before. Highly doubt he will now. But, I wouldn't put it pass the board to shove him out with so little time remaining.

He's a very loyal man, but you'd wonder how that loyalty has been paid back. Rvp, Cesc, Song, Nasri...

This could be the last of a long line of people (arguably) not standing by him.

He isnt going anywhere today, but his contract is up in the summer. Wouldnt be walking out if his contract is up.

I really believe that is why he hasnt signed a new one yet. He is waiting to see how the season plays out before making a final decision.

hmzzz
    mm88.
    +Mm1Mm ....
    U

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rafa over transfers????? Oooohhh i dunno now. Risky risky business. Good man manager but complete lunatic when given power over buying/selling

Lol, huh? How exactly is he a "complete lunatic"?

hmzzz
    mm88.
    +Mm1Mm ....
    U

Me

What?!

:D

• Advertisement

hmzzz
    mm88.
    +Mm1Mm ....
    U

Me

Totally agree with your first point but I don't think the weather had any influence on the game at all.

hmzzz
    mm88.
    +Mm1Mm ....
    U

Me

hcsjsd
    hdjkcn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wenger is the man for the job, I hope he signs a new 2 yr contract sees it out then steps aside

Raf32 wrote: »
    hcsjsd
    hdjkcn
    Sorry folks - the pocket wanted to get in on the debate. He feels very strongly about whatever it was he said !

And btw Raf - no need for that sort of language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

So apparently in a past life Wenger was the Dauphine of France who of course had a fiery romance with Joan of Arc and his previous life is in keeping with his traits of stubborness and having no "plan B".

It's not all bad news for Wenger though - according to a spiritual healer from Bromley the duo were married back in the 15th century.Stephany Cohen says she is the god of all aliens, and believes that when she was Joan of Arc in a previous life she tied the knot with the Gunners boss.

"Mr Wenger and I were engaged in a previous life," she told News Shopper.

"We had a romance when I was Joan of Arc and he was the Dauphine of France.

"He was the same man we know him to be today. Highly intelligent but very stubborn. His big problem is he never has a plan B."
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-news-transfer-rumours-arsene-3273880
    Figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Wenger is the man for the job, I hope he signs a new 2 yr contract sees it out then steps aside

I agree with this. I think it would be shameful not to give him a chance after what he's done for us these last ten years.

He's sacrificed his reputation in the eyes of many, and chances of glory elsewhere I'm sure, to bring us safely through a very difficult time. He's not been perfect, he's certainly made errors, but I don't think any other manager could've kept us in the knockout stages of the CL with a net transfer spend of zero for so long.

Sorry folks - the pocket wanted to get in on the debate. He feels very strongly about whatever it was he said !

And btw Raf - no need for that sort of language

Apologies dunno what came over me :pac:

Watchinf El Classico now.
    Would love to see Cesc back. We need a leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Raf32 wrote: »
    Apologies dunno what came over me :pac:

Strangely both your and Greendoms post made more sense to me than some of the ****e spouted in here the past 24hrs :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's no way he will quit or get sacked especially with the team as close to winning a trophy as it has been in a long time.

Martinez? Seriously?

Beat Swansea and City and things will swing again, winning it is out for me but 2nd/3rd and an FA Cup would be huge steps forward

I'll be stunned if we beat City.

I'll be stunned if we beat City.

They could destroy us if we set up like yesterday.

Shame we couldnt get Benzema.

• Advertisement

I ain't backing it with my own cash :) but we are due a win!

Shame we couldnt get Benzema.

Di Maria is very good tonight.

Martinez? Seriously?

I think he's a decent manager and guy.

Feel dirty wanting Real to win. Would love either dimaria or Benzema. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

IAWT

efb wrote: »
    IAWT

Que?

Lol, huh? How exactly is he a "complete lunatic"?

As i said earlier
    A player could be still suffering jet-lag and Rafa would decide he isnt up to it after paying 20m for him. Ozil would probably have been loaned back to Germany at Christmas if Rafa managed Arsenal

Guys. How has this club gone from Pires, Henry and Ljungberg to Bendtner, Giroud and Sanogo?

The antithesis of what we were accustomed to. I realise that we'd pay top buck for the Henry's of this world today but we didnt even bring fast and dynamic players through the youths.

Reading tweets saying wenger told the team he's done at the end of the season, and the board trying to change his mind. Hence the blackout.

Damn twitter for all the rumours. Shouldn't read it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

As i said earlier

That doesn't explain how he's a complete lunatic over buying and selling. :confused:

Guys. How has this club gone from Pires, Henry and Ljungberg to Bendtner, Giroud and Sanogo?

The antithesis of what we were accustomed to. I realise that we'd pay top buck for the Henry's of this world today but we didnt even bring fast and dynamic players through the youths.

Why are you comparing two wide players and a striker to three out and out strikers? :confused:

Henry, Kanu and Wiltord would be more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Reading tweets saying wenger told the team he's done at the end of the season, and the board trying to change his mind. Hence the blackout.

Read that too @arsenalaction, 11k followers. Doubt theres anything in it. The red tops would be all over it if there was a sniff of truth in it.

Just saw Dragan Stoijkavic is out of work! :eek:

bad2dabone wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised but at the same time ill take it with a grain of salt for now. It could be to stir a response from the team.

I hope if Wenger does bow out it will be lifting a cup decorated with red and white ribbons at Wembley. I wouldn't think he would be finished in football after Arsenal even if he did sign on for another two years.

Wouldn't be surprised but at the same time ill take it with a grain of salt for now. It could be to stir a response from the team.

I hope if Wenger does bow out it will be lifting a cup decorated with red and white ribbons at Wembley. I wouldn't think he would be finished in football after Arsenal even if he did sign on for another two years.

I thought he said he wanted ro coach the French National team when he was done with club football?

• Advertisement

Just saw Dragan Stoijkavic is out of work! :eek:

would be sickened

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Read that too @arsenalaction, 11k followers. Doubt theres anything in it. The red tops would be all over it if there was a sniff of truth in it.

Or if it was complete and utter bulls*it. One guy once leaked a rumour in the early days of twitter that we had signed Rodrigo Palacio from Boca Juniors and the dumb red tops ran with it.

I thought he said he wanted ro coach the French National team when he was done with club football?

If that job popped up after the world cup there would be no better man to at least generate team spirit and comraderie amongst les bleus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

He stays I reckon

Why are you comparing two wide players and a striker to three out and out strikers? :confused:

Henry, Kanu and Wiltord would be more accurate.

Overall im trying to compare today's potency with that of a decade ago but i suppose i should have used a wider variety of today's players.

Only Mozart for Wiltord comes close to changing that team. Ramsey and Ox might have potential but Cazorla and Wilshere are highly substandard at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement