Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I said at the the start of the season we wouldn't maintain because we hadn't improved on enough players and the same old weaknesses would appear. The timing of good/bad results is irrelevant IMO, a team has to be judged over a season and we're on course to barely improve. (The timing of poor form is only relevant if it's a proper collapse at the end for like 1ppg or something causing a team to drop from a useful position).

Imagine United without Moyes and then consider how far we've progressed.

Unfortunately we're still not playing to his strengths, it's incredible really and suggests it wasn't a planned buy

We already had the 4th highest wagebill and over the season all the new contracts will have inflated that further.

Disagree.

Usual stuff. 2010-11 we were right up top and then got 12 points from the last 11 matches. That was supposed to be a sign of progress as well at the time. 2009-10 it was 8 points from the last 7.

That would've taken some amazing mismanagement.

I have to say that I disagree on almost everything you have here. In fact I think you failed to pick up the essence of my post.

I can't understand why you think we haven't progressed this year.

Are you always this down-beat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I have to say that I disagree on almost everything you have here. In fact I think you failed to pick up the essence of my post.

I can't understand why you think we haven't progressed this year.

Are you always this down-beat?

Only 2 points better off on the corresponding fixtures to last year

I think it's good he's back, you need different perspectives to make it more interesting to read. And that usually means the thread is more active

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

batistuta9 wrote: »

I think it's good he's back, you need different perspectives to make it more interesting to read. And that usually means the thread is more active

And in Cup Semi having beaten Spurs, Liverpool and Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's funny. Before the season had we been told we were almost guaranteed a top four finish and a very high chance of winning the FA Cup, every single person here would have taken it in a heartbeat. Now that it is happening, it isn't good enough?

At the end of the day we've had a very good season that could still turn out great. It seems some people are expecting 38 wins and anything less is a failure. Top three and an FA Cup would have been massive progress. Top four and an FA Cup isn't a bad alternative. Remember what the start of season expectations were and judge based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The more people with different opinions post here the better
    Not agreeing is the hole point of debate

ronjo wrote: »

And coventry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

dvemail wrote: »
    Tweet from the famous Geoff

GeoffArsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 12m

Just had it confirmed that the 'rumour' about AW resignation is total rubbish. Now get behind him & the team ffs.

This news has lifted my spirits somewhat. Hearing some people in here calling for the managers head at this point in time is ridiculous, he has had his hands tied financially the last 8 seasons and although we haven't won anything in a good while personally I think he has done a fantastic job giving the circumstances. If there is anybody I want and think deserves to spent the big bucks available now its Wenger, he has his faults but I believe he is the man to take us to the next level. Roll on tomorrow night I feel Swansea are going to feel the wrath after Saturdays shocker!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You could say you are over simplifying it by reducing it to a points total, this year we have done well in the cup, are in a better position in the league. Have seen the arival of Ozil the emergence of Ramsey and Chamberlain has also come on showing more and what we can expect along with the emregence of Gnabry. Flamini was a solid addition. Szcez along with Merts have both silenced there critics.

Were still not quite there but to say we haven't improved is farcical imo.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's funny. Before the season had we been told we were almost guaranteed a top four finish and a very high chance of winning the FA Cup, every single person here would have taken it in a heartbeat. Now that it is happening, it isn't good enough?

At the end of the day we've had a very good season that could still turn out great. It seems some people are expecting 38 wins and anything less is a failure. Top three and an FA Cup would have been massive progress. Top four and an FA Cup isn't a bad alternative. Remember what the start of season expectations were and judge based on that.

No. A lot here felt it was the best chance in years for the league

In general i don't like the but you would've taken that at the start, it disregards the whole way things actually pan out. And is usually said after a failure\disappointment

• Advertisement

You could say you are over simplifying it by reducing it to a points total, this year we have done well in the cup, are in a better position in the league. Have seen the arival of Ozil the emergence of Ramsey and Chamberlain has also come on showing more and what we can expect along with the emregence of Gnabry. Flamini was a solid addition. Szcez along with Merts have both silenced there critics.

Well said. To put things into perspective, we were 24 points off the leaders this time last year, this season that gap has closed and is down to 7 points. We have also had terrible luck with injuries too.

If we win, great. It's 10 years since we won the league and we've have cup finals in that time so another one is hardly progress.
    I hate that construction of "argument". What does it mean? Would I take 4th rather than 5th? Of course. It's a silly argument. Anyone happy with 4th and the FA Cup at the start of the year is aiming damn low.
    Great season? Really? Embarrassed by Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Bayern Munich. 1 point against a United side who are the butt of all the jokes.
    It's April and we've got 2 games of note left. That's not a good season, let alone very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

In general i don't like the but you would've taken that at the start, it disregards the whole way things actually pan out. And is usually said after a failure\disappointment

Don't agree, before the season started i don't think anybody thought we had a shot at any trophy. The fans were on the verge of a meltdown as the only recruitment we had done was Sanogo and Flamini. If you offered the fans a top 4 place in August we would have jumped on it.

Just reading the thread since Saturday evening there has never been a truer quote in football than "your only as good as your last game" :pac:

Don't agree, before the season started i don't think anybody thought we had a shot at any trophy. The fans were on the verge of a meltdown as the only recruitment we had done was Sanogo and Flamini. If you offered the fans a top 4 place in August we would have jumped on it.

Nope I said all summer we could challenge and believed all season we could its only now I've really given up hope of winning the league.

But we have still improved upon last year and I expect we will improve again next year. It's not all negative as some people would have you believe :rolleyes:. Nor were we embarassed by Munich :rolleyes:.

In the summer before the club actually managed to get to the last 24 hours of the transfer window without spending

All the talk about arsenal being the only club without a new manager, etc.
    People have even posted it here in recent weeks, marty for one i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Nope I said all summer we could challenge and believed all season we could its only now I've really given up hope of winning the league.

But we have still improved upon last year and I expect we will improve again next year. It's not all negative as some people would have you believe :rolleyes:. Now were we embarassed by Munich :rolleyes:.

More faith than me then so. :D
    Definitely an improvement on last season so far and nothing an FA Cup won't make a great season.

You could say you are over simplifying it by reducing it to a points total,
    Position then? Same as last year.
    this year we have done well in the cup,
    We were knocked out of the League Cup one round earlier this season actually. But least it wasn't Bradford this time. Only 2 rounds further in the FA Cup so far and it ain't won yet. I don't place much importance on domestic cups though, league and CL are my main concerns.
    are in a better position in the league.
    ?
    Have seen the arival of Ozil
    I don't care who arrives if the results don't improve. Results are what counts.
    the emergence of Ramsey and Chamberlain has also come on showing more and what we can expect along with the emregence of Gnabry.
    Next year eh?
    Flamini was a solid addition. Szcez along with Merts have both silenced there critics.
    Flamini not a bad addition but he is being kept out of the team by Arteta mostly. Whether that's because Flamini isn't as good as a player whose legs have deserted him or because Wenger is being blind, it's not a great sign either way.
    Again, perception is one thing, results another. We've conceded just 3 fewer goals so far than the total for all of last season. This despite having a pretty damn stable CB partnership and goalkeeper compared to last year.
    Same league position, same round of the CL, one round earlier in League Cup, 2 rounds further in FA Cup. If that's progress we're in for a long ****ing ride.

If we win, great. It's 10 years since we won the league and we've have cup finals in that time so another one is hardly progress.

Will you be happy with the season if we win the cup and get back in the champions league?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Great season? Really? Embarrassed by Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Bayern Munich. 1 point against a United side who are the butt of all the jokes.
    It's April and we've got 2 games of note left. That's not a good season, let alone very good.

What was embarrassing about the Bayern Munich matches? The team were outclassed over the 2 legs in the end but it was nowhere near a disaster in the same way the other 3 matches you mention were plus we only lost one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

As I stated before people obviously ignored the fixture list and got carried away a bit early on due to our good run.

Yes the 3 hammerings have been shocking but talk we have regressed or stagnated is wrong.

We have started spending big. Look at the way we havetied down so many contracts. We wont lose one player this year that we dont want to. I wouldnt give Sagna a £100,000 3 year deal. If he goes he goes.

The one year we gain stability, sign a truly world class player and have a great chance of a trophy and we have people calling for the Managers head because they got so upset over a couple of hammerings. The mind boggles.

Real progress this year on and off the field. I believe it will continue and the money will be spent.

Back to the football I hope we see Kallstrom tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Same league position, same round of the CL, one round earlier in League Cup, 2 rounds further in FA Cup. If that's progress we're in for a long ****ing ride.

I'm not even going to bother :cool:. Don't you have ever had one positive thing to say about Arsenal and suprise suprise you re appear after a heavy loss.

Will you be happy with the season if we win the cup and get back in the champions league?
    I'll be happy to win the cup, I won't be happy with the season overall and I'll be fearing next season if Moyes leaves or realises how to actually manage Manchester United.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    What was embarrassing about the Bayern Munich matches? The team were outclassed over the 2 legs in the end but it was nowhere near a disaster in the same way the other 3 matches you mention were plus we only lost one of them.
    It completely showed the massive gulf between Arsenal and a really top side. I even predicted before the tie that Munich would win the first leg comfortably and Arsenal would get a consolation result in the second leg and it would be used as a positive sign by the fans the same as last year, classic.

I'm not even going to bother :cool:. Don't you have ever had one positive thing to say about Arsenal and suprise suprise you re appear after a heavy loss.
    I could've reappeared after a few games this season and didn't. I thought that maybe people are ready to wake up but apparently not.

I'll be happy to win the cup, I won't be happy with the season overall and I'll be fearing next season if Moyes leaves or realises how to actually manage Manchester United.

How about if we finish the season strongly and end up say 3rd on 80 points and a Cup win? Would you be happy then?

Its stability and consistency more than real progress, as I have said already, in the circumstances the boss has done a superb job. If we had not of moved to a new stadium I am almost certain we would of had a lot more success in these baron last few seasons. I am frustrated as anybody but you have to look at the bigger picture.

I could've reappeared after a few games this season and didn't. I thought that maybe people are ready to wake up but apparently not.

Wake up half of what you spout is shiite to be honest. Munich for example we were the better team in the first leg until we went down to ten men then they outshone us and rightly so. Second leg yes they were the better team but we managed to get a draw in Munich not many teams have even managed that. Yet you label it embarassing.

You have a tendency to pick and chose what you reply to and seperate responses breaking them down and leaving out parts and ignoring parts you can't find fault with.

The only consistent thing is it's always always negative or nothing at all. Your they type of fan who if we went out and won a quadruple would still be sitting in the corner arms folded complaining how such and such isn't up to standard whilst everyone else revelled in the brilliance and happy to have watched a winning team.

How about if we finish the season strongly and end up say 3rd on 80 points and a Cup win? Would you be happy then?

I'd highly doubt it.

I'd say he'd be happy with a 38 win league, CL trophy, FA cup and League cup.

Never really asks for too much really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It is quite telling that you decided to return now when the chances of winning the league are essentially gone though. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you really do seem to revel in negativity, it's bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Nope, I'm not expecting 38 wins. All I want is team to turn up for important games against ya direct rivals and not implode. Yes I would've taken 4th and the FA cup at the start of the season but not 6-0 drubbings from Chelsea et al.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We've made some progress this season but the way things are looking at the moment, I won't be satisfied with the progression. With our increase in financial might I'd expect us to be in the mix until the very end of the season, which is starting to look unlikely. We make some gains some years and some losses other years; our level tends to remain the same and Wenger looks unable to change it. We've regressed in the CL (when was the last time we even made a QF, 2009/10?) and getting humiliated when we travel to our apparent title rivals has become far too routine.

An FA cup win would be great but if domestic cup silverware has been irrelevant to measuring Wenger's job performance over the past 9 years, then it's still irrelevant now.

• Advertisement

Not particularly. This was a season to push on. Next year is going be very, very tough if Liverpool invest and United wise up.
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    Its stability and consistency more than real progress, as I have said already, in the circumstances the boss has done a superb job. If we had not of moved to a new stadium I am almost certain we would of had a lot more success in these baron last few seasons. I am frustrated as anybody but you have to look at the bigger picture.
    4th
    4th
    3rd
    4th
    3rd
    4th
    3rd
    4th
    4th (so far)
    Consistency certainly. As for not moving stadium freeing up funds, pretty sure the spending on the new stadium has been covered by the increased matchday revenue. While there were some constraints on risk due to the move I don't think it cost competitiveness.
    Wake up half of what you spout is shiite to be honest.
    Yet you can't form an argument against it, you attack me and ignore any facts or statistics that I post. When my predictions turn out accurate I'm still called pessimistic.
    Munich for example we were the better team in the first leg until we went down to ten men then they outshone us and rightly so. Second leg yes they were the better team but we managed to get a draw in Munich not many teams have even managed that.
    Another year, another heroic failure in Europe.
    Yet you label it embarassing.
    I just miss going into the second leg of a European match with a chance. Remember how fun that was?
    You have a tendency to pick and chose what you reply to and seperate responses breaking them down and leaving out parts and ignoring parts you can't find fault with.
    I leave out bits that are platitudes or truisms generally. I'll leave out the odd bit I agree with because I'm not arguing against that.
    The only consistent thing is it's always always negative or nothing at all. Your they type of fan who if we went out and won a quadruple would still be sitting in the corner arms folded complaining how such and such isn't up to standard whilst everyone else reveled in the brilliance and happy to have watched a winning team.
    LOL. I'll revel in brilliance when I see it. I'll revel in results and a league title and the Champions League title when we win it. I won't revel in mediocrity and the same results year after year and the same f*cking excuses given and swallowed year after year.
    I'd highly doubt it.

I'd say he'd be happy with a 38 win league, CL trophy, FA cup and League cup.

Never really asks for too much really.
    Bahaha, you're so funny. And original. How do you come up with it?

All this "what would you be happy with?" bull****. Am I the only one who actually wants to win the feckin league?

It is quite telling that you decided to return now when the chances of winning the league are essentially gone though. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you really do seem to revel in negativity, it's bizarre.
    I've had a few people ask on match threads that I start posting here again. I've also posted plenty on said match threads. Posting here again reminds me why I left, 90% of posters too happy to settle for mediocrity and anyone who suggests that progress hasn't happened (and actually uses numbers and facts to back it up) is being "negative".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I think most people will be happy if it turns out like that, I know I will. Never expected to win the league this year. What most people have an issue with is would be the performances away to the 3 teams above us. If we had went there, put in a good show and were defeated then that would be ok. But we got destroyed in all 3 games, I can't recall a season where we got hockeyed by such a score against the teams above us. We've had many seasons with bad injuries, so we can't use that as an excuse.

Crazy thing is, if we win our next 2 games we are very much still in with a real chance of winning the league. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I've had a few people ask on match threads that I start posting here again. I've also posted plenty on said match threads. Posting here again reminds me why I left, 90% of posters too happy to settle for mediocrity and anyone who suggests that progress hasn't happened (and actually uses numbers and facts to back it up) is being "negative".

Yeah I've noticed you posting in the match threads and just figured you were done with this thread which is fine, but why only return at this time?

[edit] you also talk about numbers and facts and complain about consistently finishing 4th or thereabouts, but seeing as we have the 4th highest wage bill, it's not that much of a surprise. We're all obviously hoping for better than that and there have been signs of progress this year, but you talk as if we should be walking the league no bother.

Yeah I've noticed you posting in the match threads and just figured you were done with this thread which is fine, but why only return at this time?
    As I said, few people suggested I should and I thought that maybe I could discuss things now without "Oh I don't think you're even an Arsenal fan", "oh you're so negative" rubbish and an actual discussion. It appears that ain't happening unfortunately.
    [edit] you also talk about numbers and facts and complain about consistently finishing 4th or thereabouts, but seeing as we have the 4th highest wage bill, it's not that much of a surprise. We're all obviously hoping for better than that and there have been signs of progress this year, but you talk as if we should be walking the league no bother.
    We shouldn't be walking anything. We should be doing better in the Champions League for the last few years and we should be pushing in the league.
    The excuse for the last few years was "We sold our best player, we did well to stay top 4." This season we sold no-one, we had stability and added a €50million player. And it looks like we're still just going to stay in the top 4 and that's it. Just imagine for a second that Moyes had a clue what he was doing.
    There's something wrong at the club and I don't know if it's Wenger or not. The fact that we're still not playing to Ozil's strengths is mystifying. The fact that we bought one player in January who had a dodgy back and we knew about it (and Walcott's injury) is just incredible. Absolutely incredible, there's no other way to describe it. And now we're talking about injuries and fatigue and not having a strong enough squad. At the same time we've probably just about inflated our wage bill near to where it was before a lot of the deadweight was shipped out and we're right back where we started.

I leave out bits that are platitudes or truisms generally. I'll leave out the odd bit I agree with because I'm not arguing against that.

You just summed yourself up better than most here could. You hit the nail on the head most people will even when debating say on this part I agree such and such has been brilliant and a bright light in recent weeks you on the other hand will just choose to ignore and not comment on it because god forbid you show any kind of positivity. Or have a positive thing to say about the club you "follow".

It why I just can't be arsed responding to your argument since you pick and choose what you respond to so it always ends in point being ignored and other being used to suit your own argument. Or how you have a tendency to try belittle others opinions as soon as they disagree with yours. Anyways I'm done with this to be honest :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

But we have still improved upon last year and I expect we will improve again next year. It's not all negative as some people would have you believe :rolleyes:. Nor were we embarassed by Munich :rolleyes:.

Really don't see how anyone would've thought that they were.
    Did alright in the second leg, first can be disregarded

You just summed yourself up better than most here could. You hit the nail on the head most people will even when debating say on this part I agree such and such has been brilliant and a bright light in recent weeks you on the other hand will just choose to ignore and not comment on it because god forbid you show any kind of positivity. Or have a positive thing to say about the club you "follow".
    Ah the "not a real fan" thing again. Jesus do you read what you say?
    As for not arguing a point, you're not exactly doing that yourself, since your whole argument against anything I say seems to be "you're not a fan", "you can't just use numbers", "stop being negative", "I don't like the way you argue" rather than actually addressing anything I say.
    It why I just can't be arsed responding to your argument since you pick and choose what you respond to so it always ends in point being ignored and other being used to suit your own argument. Or how you have a tendency to try belittle others opinions as soon as they disagree with yours. Anyways I'm done with this to be honest :cool:.
    You mean like saying or implying they're not a real fan because they want the club to actually go somewhere and do something other than turn a profit for shareholders? Seriously, do you read what you type?
    What bits have I ignored today? The only thing I recall skipping is the end of a post that didn't really have a lot to say/make a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Chelsea fan here, how could the person being asked not be happy with that?
    More often than not 80 points would leave you in the top2 around 7,8 or 9 points ahead of the third placed team.

Without trying to be smart, given it's been 9 years an FA cup win is something to be happy about, still hold it in high enough regard myself, and the Prem's big boys still try their best to win it (do you think Moyes didn't try his best to beat swnsea at home in round 3? :P)
    Of course champions league is harder but you have to remember how hard it is to get far, let alone win.
    I'm of the opinion that we're only in the QF ourselves due to luck of the draw so far and Mourinho being able to grind out results, so losing to Bayern is something to be bulling about.
    All in all i'd be happy with a season such as the one suggested, might even get the few of ye off Wenger's back, without that unwanted distraction he might just discover how to get it right again. You never know!

• Advertisement

Ah the "not a real fan" thing again. Jesus do you read what you say?
    As for not arguing a point, you're not exactly doing that yourself, since your whole argument against anything I say seems to be "you're not a fan", "you can't just use numbers", "stop being negative", "I don't like the way you argue" rather than actually addressing anything I say.

You mean like saying or implying they're not a real fan because they want the club to actually go somewhere and do something other than turn a profit for shareholders? Seriously, do you read what you type?
    What bits have I ignored today? The only thing I recall skipping is the end of a post that didn't really have a lot to say/make a point.

I'll admit that I'm argumentative, you on the other hand seem to have to get the last word in and be seen gliding serenely off. Hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I think all this Wenger talk should be left until the end of the season. 8 league games left and 2 in the cup hopefully so we should all just try and get behind the team. And at the end if you want him in or out, then fair enough but all this arguing wont help anyone now and will further derail our season.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Chelsea fan here, how could the person being asked not be happy with that?
    More often than not 80 points would leave you in the top2 around 7,8 or 9 points ahead of the third placed team.

Without trying to be smart, given it's been 9 years an FA cup win is something to be happy about, still hold it in high enough regard myself, and the Prem's big boys still try their best to win it (do you think Moyes didn't try his best to beat swnsea at home in round 3? :P)
    Of course champions league is harder but you have to remember how hard it is to get far, let alone win.
    I'm of the opinion that we're only in the QF ourselves due to luck of the draw so far and Mourinho being able to grind out results, so losing to Bayern is something to be bulling about.
    All in all i'd be happy with a season such as the one suggested, might even get the few of ye off Wenger's back, without that unwanted distraction he might just discover how to get it right again. You never know!

Thats exactly how I feel about it Sheepy.
    80 points and FA Cup would be a great season overall for me and most Arsenal fans.
    Sure we even won the league twice with less points !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Raf32 wrote: »
    I think all this Wenger talk should be left until the end of the season. 8 league games left and 2 in the cup hopefully so we should all just try and get behind the team. And at the end if you want him in or out, then fair enough but all this arguing wont help anyone now and will further derail our season.

Absolutely right. We have to get on with it and win as many of our games as possible, and maybe the FA cup. Sort out the management in the summer with the team...

You reckon the lads are all huddled around the oul desktop in Arsenes room reading this and thinking
    "Fcuk, those Paddies are a shower of cnuts, I am done for the season. Give the fcukers something to really moan about" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Button, do you not acknowledge the difference between scraping third/fourth on the last day of the season compared to coasting to a champions league spot while having an outside shot at the title? Sure, numbers wise it would appear we haven't improved much over the last 2 seasons but football is not arithmetic, context has to be brought into consideration too and I don't think it's right to say this season is not objectively better than the last two.

You reckon the lads are all huddled around the oul desktop in Arsenes room reading this and thinking
    "Fcuk, those Paddies are a shower of cnuts, I am done for the season. Give the fcukers something to really moan about" :pac:

Yup all us keyboard warriors will result in more broken cannons :pac:

I know it wont happen but would love to see Bellerin get a chance tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I really want to see Akpom at some stage, Arseblog confirms his recall from Coventry http://news.arseblog.com/2014/03/akpom-recalled-from-coventry-loan/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looks like you got your wish :pac:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140324/team-news-who-s-fit-to-face-swansea-

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement