Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

What the **** are you on about? It wouldn't be exciting going into the last day needing a result and getting it?

No, I find it perverse that you would look forward to (find it exciting) if we only got 9 points from 8 games!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Reminds me of that old Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times" :pac:
    Well right now it's looking like there's only 2 matches left in the season worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I believe it was you getting the points confused. Which is it?

nope its others here so i used walcott as a bait for you to see what people will say.

So what is it then?

Rotate players because they are relaly tired or are players lazy?

Which one?if they are tired and wenger doesnt rotate then that is yet another reason why wenger is an average manager

No, I find it perverse that you would look forward to (find it exciting) if we only got 9 points from 8 games!
    Stop making stuff up for ****sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I'll never give up but neither will I settle for mediocrity.

How do you go about not settling for mediocrity? What are you doing that other people are not?

If anything I'd say securing 4th last season showed a bit of grit, even if it was a lovely run of fixtures that helped, not something that's been shown this season. There's still plenty of time to slip back as far as we were last season as well.
    The season's over before my Paddy's Day hangover is gone. Well, assuming we don't have a complete collapse til the end of the season. If we go on a run like 10/11 (9 points in the last 8 games) we might get some excitement afterall.
    Stop making stuff up for ****sake.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I wouldn't call challenging for the BPL and winning the FA Cup mediocre.

What would you call the 6-0, 5-1 and 6-3 then?
    "Challenging" is a funny word because it is hard to quantify. I suppose we challenge until we meet real quality and then fall off and inevitably settle for fourth.
    As for the Cup, it is only incidental to me. The real action is the EPL. Sure didn't Wigan win it last season and where are they now.

:rolleyes:

Where did I say I was looking forward to it. Are you really that obtuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Ches Fabianski

Sagna
    Mert
    Verm
    Gibbs

Flamini
    KallstromArteta

Ox Gnabry
    Rosicky
    Cazorla

Sanogo

Can't see Kallstrom start. Ox & Chesney should sit out a game, they were awful on Saturday.

Szczesny
    sagna mert TV gibbs
    flamini rosicky
    gnabry cazorla podolski
    Giroud

Had to go with giroud cause you just know he'll score against weaker opposition. The only other consideration would be fab but went with snez to get the confidence back. Would have dropped gibbs and played Verm at LB only for kos injury.

3-0 for me.

Giroud x 2, cazorla

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call challenging for the BPL and winning the FA Cup mediocre.

we are no longer challenging for the BPL and tbh never did so long as we couldnt even beat any of our rivals minus a home win against liverpool.

And you speak as if we won the fa cup. We wont. We wont even reach the final. This squad and wengers ability is pathetic when it comes to must win games.

masters of bottlers.

At least we will get top 4

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nope its others here so i used walcott as a bait for you to see what people will say.

You outsmarted us all!!

What would you call the 6-0, 5-1 and 6-3 then?

Losing like that is not even Premier league standard. More like a ****ing pub team.

You rarely see bottom relegated teams get spanked that hard and even if u do, what does that prove? A team supposedly trying to so called compete with the big boys yet get spanked like we are some ****ing pub team?

How can other fans accept that?

See what wenger and the fools in the pitch done? Not only have the embassed themselves on the pitch. they have also made many arsenal fans across the board bicker and fight.

Cheers wenger. If you dont want to change your ****ing ways not bother signing a new contract.

omega man wrote: »
    Szczesny
    sagna mert TV gibbs
    flamini rosicky
    gnabry cazorla podolski
    Giroud

Had to go with giroud cause you just know he'll score against weaker opposition. The only other consideration would be fab but went with snez to get the confidence back. Would have dropped gibbs and played Verm at LB only for kos injury.

3-0 for me.

Giroud x 2, cazorla

Monreal at LB?
    Can't see Giroud starting.
    I thought Pod was injured for some reason!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

First one is paywalled, second one says nothing new. All I could find was that some properties were sold at a 20% discount, representing a total "loss" of 4% of income, pretty piss-poor management if that was enough to put them in danger of administration. And last I checked the chances of a company making £50million profit in the last 6 years going into administration is pretty low.

Ahhh... I can't find it in a reasonable time frame, sorry.

I had thought that is was either the FT or SwissRamble that had it, but I can't see it on either.

SwissRamble, by the way, has great articles on the financial side of the club, and talk about our massive cash pile.

See here.

Monreal at LB?
    Can't see Giroud starting.
    I thought Pod was injured for some reason!

I thought Monreal was injured too? If not then he's in for me. Giroud will score I'm positive but can't see sanogo doing the business, goals wise at least.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ahhh... I can't find it in a reasonable time frame, sorry.

I had thought that is was either the FT or SwissRamble that had it, but I can't see it on either.

SwissRamble, by the way, has great articles on the financial side of the club, and talk about our massive cash pile.

See here.
    Yup, seen it. Still doesn't explain the lack of spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

the other 16 teams dont expect there team to win the League or basically compete with the big teams!

Can be looked at both ways:

The positive being that at least you've no worries about falling out of Europe altogether, being stuck in a boring mid-table adventure (roughly positions 7-10) or being stuck in that stressful & unknown world of a relegation battle.

Ye lads don;t have it that bad.

The negative then being that without supporters giving out about not being satisifed with results or final position, ye could end up on a slow slippery slope into mediocracy beginning with a season outside top 4 , followed by finishing 7th, 8th.
    5 seasons later ye're in a relegation fight (unheard of).

Extreme situation put forward i know, but ye're entitled to vent frustrations, just remember how good ye have it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

we are no longer challenging for the BPL and tbh never did so long as we couldnt even beat any of our rivals minus a home win against liverpool.

And you speak as if we won the fa cup. We wont. We wont even reach the final. This squad and wengers ability is pathetic when it comes to must win games.

masters of bottlers.

At least we will get top 4

Of course we were challenging ya fool! And as unlikely as it is we're still only 6pts off first.
    Also I never said we'd win the cup.. But if we do then I'd count this season as a success.

And you talk about must win games like we've won none. I'd say every FA Cup match a must win game... But you're to busy calling our best ever manager "average" and "Pathetic" to see.

Of course we were challenging ya fool! And as unlikely as it is we're still only 6pts off first.
    Also I never said we'd win the cup.. But if we do then I'd count this season as a success.

And you talk about must win games like we've won none. I'd say every FA Cup match a must win game... But you're to busy calling our best ever manager "average" and "Pathetic" to see.
    big IF mate lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Yup, seen it. Still doesn't explain the lack of spending.

Are you actually for real?? Are you seriously not aware of the financial restriction we have been under until last year or just choose to ignore it to make your arguments more valid and yourseld feel better??

• Advertisement

So what is it then?

Which one?if they are tired and wenger doesnt rotate then that is yet another reason why wenger is an average manager

Phrase your frustrations differently before posting them, 2003-04, enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

7pts off 1st with a game in hand

Is there a certain irony in the posters citing the manager and players for a lack of guts and belief and character are the ones throwing the towel in on the league??

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Phrase your frustrations differently before posting them, 2003-04, enough said

10 years ago. enough said

Is there a certain irony in the posters citing the manager and players for a lack of guts and belief and character are the ones throwing the towel in on the league??

Do you think the players showed guts and belief last Saturday?

Are you actually for real?? Are you seriously not aware of the financial restriction we have been under until last year or just choose to ignore it to make your arguments more valid and yourseld feel better??
    The cash reserves and the rest means we could've spent for the last 5 transfer windows. And that's without considering that transfer fees are amortised and that any short-term debt could've easily been handled with the new commercial stuff coming online.

You think we still have a chance then?

Supporting your team is supposed to be fun, if I got this fckin negative and moany I wouldn't bother, way too many important things in life watching football is a break from it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

i thought players cant play more then 1 match a week?

So what is it then? cant rotate? unable to play 1 match a week? which is it?

make a decision

Are you arguing with yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Are you arguing with yourself?

Someones got to listen :pac:

• Advertisement

Jeez if the pool lads can still live off the 05 cl win then we should still be reminding ourselves of that invincible's team, at least until someone else achieves it (unlikely!) :D

I wouldn't say that means you lose your title of being a great manager.
    As an outsider he's still one of the best, his big game tactics have been horribly found out this year however.

I don't think that the 6-3 defeat to City was as bad as it's made out.
    It was only in the last few minutes that they pulled away from ye, iirc ye had 2 efforts incorrectly ruled out for offside and were unlucky in some other regards. The defence didn't perform to its best that game, the heart was there.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Supporting your team is supposed to be fun, if I got this fckin negative and moany I wouldn't bother, way too many important things in life watching football is a break from it all

I think it was Skankley who said -

Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The cash reserves and the rest means we could've spent for the last 5 transfer windows. And that's without considering that transfer fees are amortised and that any short-term debt could've easily been handled with the new commercial stuff coming online.

Cash reserves couldn't be spent over that period of time.

They had to be there as a safe guard if income dropped and the club was in a position where it couldn't pay back the stadium loans.

Just genuinely curious, what new stuff?

You think we still have a chance then?

I do. I think theres a chance we come out of the Everton game 4 points off top and we will win our last 5 games. Whether that will be enough I am not sure.

greendom wrote: »
    Cash reserves couldn't be spent over that period of time.

They had to be there as a safe guard if income dropped and the club was in a position where it couldn't pay back the stadium loans.
    They need about £30million in cash reserves, they've got an awful lot more than that and have for a while.
    So why don't you just post this all the time?

Try last season having to listen to clownish fans everywhere giving out about Rafa when he was more than doing well considering when he came in and the ridicule he got from Chelsea fans.

What an embarrassment that was

You know or should know that is not true.

• Advertisement

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Just genuinely curious, what new stuff?
    Massive improvement in Emirates sponsorship, about £20million increase per year, though not sure if that includes the kit and stadium. And rumours of an extra £10million+ per year from Puma. Been known for a few years now. Hell even last year they knew they were getting a massive increase in TV money. That increase will cover Ozil without even gong near the cash reserves.
    I do. I think theres a chance we come out of the Everton game 4 points off top and we will win our last 5 games. Whether that will be enough I am not sure.
    You're mad.

You know or should know that is not true.

Which bit?

They need about £30million in cash reserves, they've got an awful lot more than that and have for a while.

So why don't you just post this all the time?

Great movie, I enjoyed it more than kids.

I watch a game get disappointed might carry it into the next day if it's a biggie. But that's it move on to the next game I would love to win every week and more frequent than we have but that's not going to change no matter how much I moan

I'm the exact same with my own Saturday team, it's sport

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Emirates sponsorship went from 5.5 million a year to 30 million a year for 5 years, in 2012.

Puma replaced Nike, going from 8 million(or so, 55 million was paid up front on a ten year, 130 million deal)a year to 30 million a year, for 5 years.

These were good deals at the time, but everything changed soon after signing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Anyone see Alan Smith on Sky sports talking about Wengers tactics.
    He reckons he gets the tactics wrong for the big games against top teams. Reckons we are far too open from the off, should hold things tight.

He reckons he gets the tactics wrong for the big games against top teams. Reckons we are far too open from the off, should hold things tight.

A lot of posters said that even before the Chelsea game.
    I'd say Morinho smiled when he saw how we were set up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So what is it then?

You really don't have a clue and quite frankly are an awful supporter. Not for your dissenting voice but rather your rediculous statements, lack of rationality and simplistic reactionary thoughts.

But before you have a go at me, which you're probably entitled to do now, can you please name the 9-10 managers better and worse than Mr Average.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

People predicting 2-0 and 3-0. Not so sure about that. There are a few goals in Swansea IMO. Could be very close or a draw. I stuck my neck out the other day to suggest a draw against Chelsea,lol. Just shows how wrong one can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i propose the Lego song be adopted as the Official Song of the thread.

for both sides of the argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Defo. Need a DMF and to focus on duties without the ball for the first 15-20 mins.

It's interesting to me that the City away game was very different from the other two. We had a go and really made a match of it. Fought to claw it back to 3-2 and then they scored straight away. It was still just 4-2 till the 88th min and ten all hell broke loose, including us being robbed a couple of times. It was swashbuckling and naive but better than the horror shows against Liverpool and Chelsea.

I really think that sending that team out to attack Chelsea from the off was a terrible move by Wenger. I've seen some people say 'well if Giroud's early chance went in, then...' but how often do Mourhino's Chelsea concede early in huge games at home.

Hopefully he'll learn from it. I don't think the team believed the other day. I think they might have believed in not conceding for the first 45 and then taking it from there.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i propose the Lego song be adopted as the Official Song of the thread.

for both sides of the argument.

"Everything is cool when you're part of a team" :pac:

COYG

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement