Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Going by this: https://twitter.com/lequipe/status/448458133078552576

Griezmann has agreed terms with PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

wawaman wrote: »
    I know that but my point is they have made a big improvement this season

So have we how far behind the league leaders were we last year? did we make it to the semis of the F.A Cup? A cup this year in which we knocked Liverpool out of.

There big improvement is to get them were we are, making the next step up is the hardest of all.

There strikeforce is there there strongest point and next year it could be ours to depending on who we bring in, again if we do we will be making progress.

I respect Liverpool as a club they do things the right way. Shame I don't feel the same way about a lot of there fans :pac:.

gosplan wrote: »
    1: Wenger has done amazing things at Arsenal that pretty much no manager has ever done. Klopp, Rodgers are doing fantastic work but will they put Dortmund and Liverpool on a par with Munich and Man U?
    Are you trying to imply that Wenger has put Arsenal on a par with Munich and United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Are you trying to imply that Wenger has put Arsenal on a par with Munich and United?

I'm sure he's saying that he consistently competed with United for trophies for 9/10 years before the move to the new stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭ronjo

Are you crazy????

We are miles ahead of United.

Look at the table!!! :D

L'prof wrote: »
    I'm sure he's saying that he consistently competed with United for trophies for 9/10 years before the move to the new stadium.
    Which 9/10 years were they?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

96 - 06?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Are we on t.v. tonight anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Don't think so. Will be a stream job i reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Manchester Derby is on too so I doubt we're on anywhere.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    96 - 06?
    Compared wit United:
    League titles: 3-5
    Champions League: 0-1
    FA Cups: 3-4
    League Cups: 0-0

Not quite par I'd say, we had one more FA Cup, they had 2 more leagues and the champions league.

As for Munich: 7 leagues, 5 DFB-Pokal, 5 DFB-Ligapokal, 1 Champions League, 1 Uefa Cup.

Compared wit United:

Not quite par I'd say, we had one more FA Cup, they had 2 more leagues and the champions league.

As for Munich: 7 leagues, 5 DFB-Pokal, 5 DFB-Ligapokal, 1 Champions League, 1 Uefa Cup.

Dont forget to factor in where both clubs were before 1996 or does that not factor into your thinking??

Slovak Sport 1 has it. :D

Compared wit United:

Gee, I didn't see that coming. The point is the team competed at the top level over that period, surely you can admit that? you can try and admit it in a way that doesn't say anything good about the club if it makes you feel more comfortable of course.

ronjo wrote: »
    Dont forget to factor in where both clubs were before 1996 or does that not factor into your thinking??
    Do professional golfers still use a handicap?
    Gee, I didn't see that coming.
    I'm such a bastard with my numbers aren't I?

• Advertisement

Do professional golfers still use a handicap?

No, but that its one of the stupidest analogies I have ever seen.

No, but that its one of the stupidest analogies I have ever seen.
    Saying that a team was on par with United when they demonstrably weren't? I agree.

Numbers shmumbers it was just a transparent ruse to try wind folks up, anyone with a passing interest in football would be able to surmise which 9/10 years in Wenger's career the poster was referring too.

Saying that a team was on par with United when they demonstrably weren't? I agree.

Aha, deflection........ thats handy when you have been called on your rubbish.

Numbers shmumbers it was just a transparent ruse to try wind folks up, anyone with a passing interest in football would be able to surmise which 9/10 years in Wenger's career the poster was referring too.
    You happened to pick the best 10 year period you could have to demonstrate the point and it didn't demonstrate the point.
    Aha, deflection........ thats handy when you have been called on your rubbish.
    Deflection? The whole point was that supposedly Arsenal were on par with United, what came before is irrelevant. If I run 100m in 11 seconds I'm not on par with Usain Bolt no matter how slow I was beforehand. Whatever Arsenal were beforehand they weren't on par with United in that period.

• Advertisement

You happened to pick the best 10 year period you could have to demonstrate the point and it didn't demonstrate the point.

Deflection? The whole point was that supposedly Arsenal were on par with United, what came before is irrelevant. If I run 100m in 11 seconds I'm not on par with Usain Bolt no matter how slow I was beforehand. Whatever Arsenal were beforehand they weren't on par with United in that period.

So why not just say it like that instead of trying to be a smartarse?

Some posters on here would give disprin a headache.

Anyway...

On to cheerier matters.

Any early team news? Working til 9 tonight so gonna miss most of the match.

So anyway, whats the team tonight?

Szcz

Sagna BFG Verm Gibs
    Flam Ox Cazorla
    Gnabry Giroud Pod

I can see Rosicky being rested tonight........ Could bring in Sanogo too but I think he will stick with Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Compared wit United:

'97-'07: 7 trophies, 9 Runner-Ups across the 4 main comps. If that's not competing for trophies, then I have no idea what is! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Solely in terms of financing and future proofing the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

My head is wrecked reading this thread. Both sides have some points but I feel that we're at least in a position to look forward with some degree of satisfaction. We really should win the cup this season and hold onto our cl place. But at the same time lads are entitled to be frustrated with some of our policies, notably transfers this term at least, ticket prices, and tactical errors. However wenger has set the club up to be in with a fighting chance versus two clubs with incredible budgets. Fair play to him for that. His tenure is coming to a close soon and the next man to take the job will be left a sports car with the keys in the ignition. Not a tarted up banger that needs repairs and still has a loan on it. Or a basket case club which changes manager every 10 months. It'll be an easier job perhaps than Rodgers got at Liverpool.
    Shipping 17 goals in three games is ridiculous. We all felt humiliated. But there's still trophies to play for. Our season's not done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

bad2dabone wrote: »
    My head is wrecked reading this thread.

It's very similar to after the Villa game, if we hadn't signed Ozil I don't think I'd have read this thread again :o Not read anything in here recently, my feelings are probably in the minority and I don't feel like being wrong :P

Hoping for a win/big win tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

TheGunns wrote: »
    It's very similar to after the Villa game, if we hadn't signed Ozil I don't think I'd have read this thread again :o Not read anything in here recently, my feelings are probably in the minority and I don't feel like being wrong :P

Hoping for a win/big win tonight

Any win will do, win ugly even:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It's gas I got a fairly abusive email from a Liverpool supporting mate who has been silent on football matters for years and hasn't been to see them since he was 8, telling me how **** arsenal were. Lippy. Fans like that make me insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

#SWANS XI to face @Arsenal: Vorm, Rangel, Williams ©, Chico Flores, Taylor, Britton, Shelvey, de Guzman, Routledge, Michu, Bony

XI Arsenal | Szczesny; Sagna Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Flamini, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Cazorla; Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Flamini a yellow card away from suspension so expecting that tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

mike65 wrote: »
    #SWANS XI to face @Arsenal: Vorm, Rangel, Williams ©, Chico Flores, Taylor, Britton, Shelvey, de Guzman, Routledge, Michu, Bony

XI Arsenal | Szczesny; Sagna Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Flamini, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Cazorla; Giroud

Wholesale changes then :D

Not in the least surprised with that lineup to be honest. He's shown faith in many of them yet again so they had better deliver.

omega man wrote: »
    Wholesale changes then :D

Not in the least surprised with that lineup to be honest. He's shown faith in many of them yet again so they had better deliver.

Pity he didn't play Flamini and Arteta last Sat.
    Maybe he mixed up his dates :D

Id say sat was the last time Podolski will start a game in an arsenal shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Since when is Michu back? He's scored a few times against us if i remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Michu in the starting XI? Back to haunt us again eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Since when is Michu back? He's scored a few times against us if i remember correctly

Came on as a sub in their last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Galvasean wrote: »
    Michu in the starting XI? Back to haunt us again eh?

He is out for 4 months, but back to start tonight against us. What luck, lol. I hope he is not on form. Come on the gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

does anyone know what Sat channel this is on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not taking any chances anyway. That's more or less our strongest line up right now.

Hope we have no "accidents" tonight.

I see the rumours of dropping half the team have been greatly exaggerated.

Least we can all get behind the team for this 90 minutes now

I see the rumours of dropping half the team have been greatly exaggerated.

Hope Gibbs manages to stay awake too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

kingtiger wrote: »
    does anyone know what Sat channel this is on?

http://liveonsat.com/n2day.php

That site lists what channels are showing the games. Usually right but some mistakes do crop up from time to time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

lertsnim wrote: »
    http://liveonsat.com/n2day.php

That site lists what channels are showing the games. Usually right but some mistakes do crop up from time to time

Aye I use the android app, but bloody Munich are on Canal + football

Plenty of empty seats tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I love the way Flamini always covers back when a defender (Vermaelen) goes up the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Horse **** defending

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Oh dear

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement