Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

but they can bring on the beast, if they need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I fancy spuds to nick a draw, they've come into the game a lot more over the last 20 minutes. Aguero off is no harm either.

I was just thinking if that happened with us, that would be our season over in terms of titles.

Not really good enough that we are egg shell weak for cover upfront but remarkable at the same time that we have got away with it until now and are still in with a shout.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

HazDanz wrote: »
    I was just thinking if that happened with us, that would be our season over in terms of titles.

Not really good enough that we are egg shell weak for cover upfront but remarkable at the same time that we have got away with it until now and are still in with a shout.

Yeah, and city are so well stocked they didn't even have to bring Negredo on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What was touted as being our 'Marquee' signing has turned out to be their 4th choice striker (Jovetic). Would be an amazing achievement to stick close to them over the course of the season against those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Apparently carrying a shoulder injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Its hard to compare ourselves towards City and Chelsea. There 2 clubs that have bought there success with the ridiculous amounts of money there sugar daddy owners have pumped into there teams. Its always why I could never respect there clubs as much as I could respect Utd or Liverpool, because like ourselves they spend what there income allows them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fcuking hell, terrible decision by the linesman :mad::mad::mad: fcuk sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm out, this is an absolute piss take.

Will pundits point out how many decisions they've gotten this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Officials seem to have switched Manchester club's in their bias.

Ive seen bad decisions but by jaysus that is taking the piss. How poor have the officials been all season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ronjo

I said COYS earlier now I will say something equally ridiculous.

I wish Fergie was around to comment on the crazy decisions they have got this season

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I fancy spuds to nick a draw, they've come into the game a lot more over the last 20 minutes. Aguero off is no harm either.

Shut up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Even tho its bad for our title hopes, its funny cause its Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Shut up!!

Accidentally reported you telling yourself to shut up.

City going top might take the pressure off us a bit, we don't usually do well when were favourites etc.

Hopefully last night and not been top will give the players a kick up the hole and we can do our business in the background.

Its actually laughable how bad that decision was. Raging here :mad::mad:

1-3 now. The comebacks on. Sherwood gooner for life and all that jazz

It not all doom and gloom were still right in the race be a point off City and despite what the media and many people would have you believe this City team isn't the all conquering Hercules of a team that will destroy anything in there path.

Were well in this, I do think a good signing could really Spur us on not only on the pitch but in the drive and moral of the team.

Chelsea dominant as expected but Hammers are chucking bodies in front of every shot getting sone fantastic blocks in.

Ooh Hazard just wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It not all doom and gloom were still right in the race be a point off City and despite what the media and many people would have you believe this City team isn't the all conquering Hercules of a team that will destroy anything in there path.

Were well in this, I do think a good signing could really Spur us on not only on the pitch but in the drive and moral of the team.

If we could stay with them and then beat them at our place we would have a great chance.
    Can't help thinking we needed 3 points last night and also how poorly we played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Can't believe I am rooting for Spurs. I feel really really dirty. Going to need a very long shower in the morning!

ronjo wrote: »
    Chelsea dominant as expected but Hammers are chucking bodies in front of every shot getting sone fantastic blocks in.

Ooh Hazard just wide

You broke the golden rule :( Watch them score any time now :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »

Sorry, my bad. Just assumed everyone watching City but both on tv here so wanted to give update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Spurs constantly disappoint me. Now i know what it must feel like to be a spurs fan. Constant, crushing, disappointment.

Tuttosport in Italy.. no idea who that is.. are claiming we have signed Vucinic from Juve.

Medical tomorrow.

Tuttosport in Italy.. no idea who that is.. are claiming we have signed Vucinic from Juve.

Medical tomorrow.

What's his position and is he any good?

Forward I think. Don't know anything about him.

Reported as loan move.

Vuvinic is 30!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Forward I think. Don't know anything about him.

Reported as loan move.

He is a striker indeed. Not sure if he is any good. . .

• Advertisement

Michael Owen infuriates me, we have been top most of the season Yet again he is spouting on how the title race is between City and Chelsea.

If there was a how to guide on how not to be a pundit he should be on the front cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Vuvinic is 30!!

Flamini is 30 in about 6 weeks. What's your point?

Not sure he is a CF but his goals record in Italy isn't anything to write home about nd given the track records of most players especially in there later years coming to the EPL from the Serie A it wouldn't be really one to get excited over.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Flamini is 30 in about 6 weeks. What's your point?

That I never heard of him and he's 30 that was my only point, so you may relax now.

apparently a done deal - with juve going to take dani osvaldo from sot'on to replace him in their squad. both loan moves.
    don't know much about the guy but hearing that he'd suit our style and we really do need backup in that striker position. He's got title winning experience and as its a loan move its win-win really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Vucinic is a good player and Id be happy to see him come on loan. Very intelligent movement but does lack pace. Can play both wings too.

• Advertisement

Joey OBrien hurt.

Mourihno abusing 4th official. Classy guy.

ah jaysus check out raphael honigsteins tweets:

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 11m
    Tomorrow's Süddeutsche Zeitung: "Arsenal's fabled delegation never arrived nor announced themselves in Gelsenkirchen on Wednesday"
    Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 10m
    they also say Chelsea wanted to trigger €45m release clause last summer while Arsenal haggled over the price

If the Vucinic deal is true and a loan I would welcome it we do need back up and it will provide depth in the squad.

It also wouldn't have me sitting on the edge of my seat either.

That and Draxler I' be happy, yea I'm greedy.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    apparently a done deal - with juve going to take dani osvaldo from sot'on to replace him in their squad. both loan moves.
    don't know much about the guy but hearing that he'd suit our style and we really do need backup in that striker position. He's got title winning experience and as its a loan move its win-win really.
    shano_88 wrote: »
    Vucinic is a good player and Id be happy to see him come on loan. Very intelligent movement but does lack pace. Can play both wings too.

He's great imo. We will benifit with him in the squad. Comes from a title winning squad too so he can bring that mentality with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Did Vucinic score against us for Roma when we played them in the Champions League in 2007? I remember seeing him around that time but not too well, might have been for Montenegro against Ireland either.

• Advertisement

I just can't see us getting Draxler.
    We won't spend that kind of money imo.

All ovet at bridge.

Nil all.

Get in !

All ovet at bridge.

Nil all.

Get in !

So the updated league table now looks like this

1. Manchester City
    2. .........................................
    3. Chelsea
    4. Liverpool

Good results tonight. Chelsea held and Sp*rs pumped.

All ovet at bridge.

Nil all.

Get in !

Delighted yet also frustrated we didn't capitalise lastnight. City and Chelsea playing each other couldn't have been timed better.

Big contraversy at end too.

Etoo thought. He had scored when keeper put it down and he ran in and tapped it in.Must have given aa free just before.

Lampard missed from 8 yards with last kick of game and 38 shots to 1 ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Come on you Irons!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Excellent result. Now Chelsea really have to go at Man City next week.

gandalf wrote: »
    Excellent result. Now Chelsea really have to go at Man City next week.

Starting to think I'd prefer a Chelsea win over a draw now.

Gringo180 wrote: »

Apology accepted in advance :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement