Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Raf32 wrote: »
    and so its a battle for fourth, this year i really dont care about getting it.

Nothing changes of we get it. If we don't, maybe we actually invest. But this is so horribly familiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Would most Arsenal fans still prefer clinching 4th spot or winning the FA cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Expect a battering of City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

bad2dabone wrote: »
    he saved us there. no doubt about it, that was heading for a 3rd swansea goal.

everton could catch us.

could = will.

Massive game at Goodison coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Great question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Nothing much has changed. Beat Everton and it'll be ours to lose. Swansea was one of the tougher games left. After City and Everton we should be all good. Six ahead but a game more played. Assuming they win that, we'll be three ahead so the Everton game is now vital.

Yes Swansea are a great team. They have a great record against good teams. They must be 5th now.
    #I have to admire your faith.

Nothing changes of we get it. If we don't, maybe we actually invest. But this is so horribly familiar.

wont make a difference attracting the standard of players we want too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

has to be both - I'm not contemplating anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bad2dabone wrote: »
    yep.

post-11413-Wheels-Fly-Off-Racecar-gif-ECKu.gif

only saving grace is evertons tough last 4 games.
    man u - ok not tough
    southampton - tough enough
    city - very tough
    hull - who knows.

I thought top 4 was set in stone. Everton have been slowly grinding out results, opposite for Arsenal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

You boys really need to get something from the city game now, cant see it myself but you never know, a draw would be nice if you could manage it;)

• Advertisement

4th is a better achievement than the cup but this year i just want the cup, lost faith in the league now

Cup or 4th mean little to me. It's about winning the EPL for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Talk about kicking yourself in the leg.....wtf.....to lose the lead on an own goal. So disappointing. We look so fragile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

We finished top 4 and bought Ozil, what makes you think that finishing outside 4th would make us do similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Both is a must but gun to head then it's FA cup for me hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Fair result, we didnt deserve to win that.

Waiting for the tired old Wenger interview, expect "mental strength", "solidity" "important we didnt lose" to be thrown out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

If ye fall out of the CL it could be a long road back
    The cup might look nice but its worthless

keano_afc wrote: »

Waiting for the tired old Wenger interview, expect "mental strength", "solidity" "important we didnt lose" to be thrown out.

We lacked a little bit of sharpness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

headbashwall.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

From what I counted, Giroud got 4 touches in the second half before his goal tonight, most of them were just touches i.e. a poor pass and Giroud just about managed to get a foot to them.

Was focused on Giroud tonight. I don't think anyone actually looks to see where he is before they try to pass the ball to him. I lost count of how many times Giroud made a run and 5 seconds later someone (usually Gibbs) passed the ball to where he was originally or to a place that would have been good had Giroud not already made a run.

Podolski also got 4/5 touches before his goal. It was actually amazing to watch. We bring on a fresh player on the left and then decide to play every ball on the right hand side after that.

Again Giroud and Podolski match up well and then Giroud gets taken off before they get a chance to get used to playing well together again.

Very annoyed again, but in all honesty we didn't deserve anything out of that match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Only positives you can take from that is Gibbs played well, Cazorla looks like he has got a bit of his flair back, and Giroud scored again, and also KK looks like he could really do a job for us till the end of the season.

Otherwise, it's despair, an ocean full of sunken dreams and floating despair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Played with the handbrake on.......must be a seized caliper more like...

keano_afc wrote: »

Would you rather he did a Sherwood and throw his toys out of the pram?

Ah, it's made of silver, it's worth a few bob now, plus it'd look lovely on the mantleplace.

Crraaasssshhhh.

Disagree. The cup would be nice this year to get that trophyless monkey off our backs but in the unlikely event we make a balls 4th this year then I would be still very confident of getting back next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I thought top 4 was set in stone. Everton have been slowly grinding out results, opposite for Arsenal though.

top 4 should have been nailed on. as it is we're wobbling badly. confidence is on the floor. as you can see with pool, confidence is key. as key a factor as anything else.
    we've got to keep city to a respectable scoreline, and then get the last few wins needed pick ourselves up and get the FA cup and the CL sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Somebody said it earlier but he may be right.....perhaps Ozil was actually helping this group of players more than it actually appeared.

There just has to be some good news coming, t otal car crash at the moment

• Advertisement

Crraaasssshhhh.

Enjoy !

listen, at least our faint title hopes are extinguished, now we can concentrate on what we're good at:

getting 4th on the last day of the season
    and
    losing to lower opposition in the cup!

wayhey!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Still not worried about top 4, evertons last few fixtures are too tough

greendom wrote: »
    Enjoy !

It's all you can do at this stage :D

what about spurs? only 7 back and a nice run in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

what about spurs? only 7 back and a nice run in

We have an easy run in with players returning we're ok

• Advertisement

The best news we could hope for now is Ramsey to be available on the bench for Sat and then fit for the rest of the season.

Tonight's game was supposed to be easy too.
    No easy games at all.

We won't be switching on the form all of a sudden for the cup Semi so I'm concerned.

Why oh why didn't we strengthen the squad in January - I sadly fear we'll pay the price for that misjudgement. Hope I'm wrong.

we'll be ok. get some horse placenta on Rambo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This is about squad.

Wenger had one fast dangerous player and he got injured. As a result we're pedestrian and massively lack a cutting edge.

Flamini, Arteta, Cazorla, Ox, Rosicky is about as bad a midfield in terms of attacking ability as Wenger has put out in the last few years.

One fast player out of 5 and one guy that can score from outside the box. No-one with that unpredictable x-factor that keeps defences on their toes.

I don't take today as some sign that things are all messed up. We're just not scoring enough and when you concede a silly goal or an O.G., it gets reall difficult to make it up because we're never ever scoring more than two.

• Advertisement

Id play for the draw against City, every point counts now towards fourth, a bad defeat would eliminate our GD advantage on everton and losing to them the following week would finish us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

They have one easy game:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

suppose it could always be worse, could be man united, theyre having some season. we really need a point against City at the weekend, but after seeing the past 2 games, i think we'll lose 3-1 :(

The best news we could hope for now is Ramsey to be available on the bench for Sat and then fit for the rest of the season.

With Ozil to follow soon after and Wilshere not long behind either. Midfield really needs freshening up at the moment.

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    suppose it could always be worse, could be man united, theyre having some season. we really need a point against City at the weekend, but after seeing the past 2 games, i think we'll lose 3-1 :(

i'd take 3-1 now. honestly.

as dreadful as that sounds, if we take a pounding again it's over. No CL. No FA Cup. loadsa humiliation.

Id play for the draw against City, every point counts now towards fourth, a bad defeat would eliminate our GD advantage on everton and losing to them the following week would finish us

Wenger will set the team up exactly as he did against Chelsea. Plan "A" only.
    I have great fears. City have a very fast team with goals from every position.

Wenger will set the team up exactly as he did against Chelsea. Plan "A" only.
    I have great fears. City have a very fast team with goals from every position.

Best team in the league we are gonna get pumped

if he sets the team up the same way as versus city and chelsea and pool.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Wenger needs to go against the grain against City and just park the f***in bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Why would he change? We'll probably see the same team as tonight, set up the same way. Navas will have an absolute field day with the amount of time Gibbs spends up the pitch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement