Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Give and take LFC then MCFC then CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We're all excited and giddy, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

niallo27 wrote: »
    Im not knowlegable on how arsenal run their football club but drom looking in from the outside things cant have been that tight that he actaully had to make a profit.
    My understanding is that the club needed a cash reserve to comply with conditions with regards to the stadium loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We're all excited and giddy, that's all.

You're not here to crow though Lloyd.

That's the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Invariably after games the ones who come in here to gloat or try to wind lads up are Liverpool fans. Coupled with a certain individual who has an almost tourettes like compulsion to deride arsenal at every turn, well it starts to grate. But I won't begrudge Liverpool their success in getting their champions league status back for a season, they've played well and confidence is high. So I wish them all the best for next season, they could do well in the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

As much as I like the way Liverpool are playing, I feel that they are playing above themselves this year.I would be surprised to see them sustain this level consistently without some new players - expensive ones.

Arsenal do seem to have been competing with the brakes on for the last number of years and for me this year is the first in a while that I feel the chains are starting to come off. I'm not saying AW is infallible, far from it, but maybe he'll start to have the type of player he needs to play the way he wants. i think regardless of how the season finishes, we'll have our answer in the summer as I feel there are no longer excuses for not getting the best players available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I have alwasy praised wenger.
    Them firgures go to show what a disgrace arsene wenger is.

Do you want to make up your mind and stick to a point, or just go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If arsenal are not top of the pile I couldn't give a fcuk who is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think it's safe to say that we'll be making good use of the ignore button in here if Pool win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Minute I saw that team out for the Chelsea game I knew we were in for a long day. It was tactically one of the most naive team selections I have seen in a long time. Wenger has to improve his tactical nous or we will be in for more hiding's next season.

I agree that it was naive but how many options do we have? We don't have the players available now to change it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This is page 551 of the Arsenal thread. I had to go back to page 543 to find a page without use of the word Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Hopefully City win it. The LFC fans I know in real life are some of the most self-righteous soccer fans I have ever met. The look on their faces with each passing win is that of ever-increasing smugness and arrogance that would drive ya mad. The posters here could be lovely and maybe for their sake Liverpool should win but they are not my immediate concern :pac:

Nacho Monreal (foot)
    Laurent Koscielny (calf)
    Aaron Ramsey (thigh)
    Mesut Ozil (hamstring)
    Jack Wilshere (foot)
    Abou Diaby (ACL)
    Theo Walcott (knee)

All out against City.

Let's face it lads, Saturdays game is going to be another tough one to watch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Nacho Monreal (foot)
    Laurent Koscielny (calf)
    Aaron Ramsey (thigh)
    Mesut Ozil (hamstring)
    Jack Wilshere (foot)
    Abou Diaby (ACL)
    Theo Walcott (knee)

All out against City.

Let's face it lads, Saturdays game is going to be another tough one to watch :(

A lot of injuries but surely, surely there has to be some pride in the players that are there to put in a performance and get a result.

Chesney
    sagna, mert,verm, gibbs
    flamini arteta
    rosicky santi Ox
    Giroud

should definitely be good enough to put up a fight and be in with a chance of getting a result especially at the emirates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

I assume most people would take a crappy boring nil all draw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hope Arsenal crash and burn myself - 5th place with Everton making 4th and then crashing out of the CL at the 3rd round qualifier. Perfect. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I hope Liverpool lose on goal difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

mike65 wrote: »
    I hope Arsenal crash and burn myself - 5th place with Everton making 4th and then crashing out of the CL at the 3rd round qualifier. Perfect. :)

I dont get the necessity of this post? what are you hoping to achieve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Exactly the type of post that makes fans of other clubs rather one of two teams buy the league than your historic club win it for the first time in a quarter century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Exactly the type of post that makes fans of other clubs rather one of two teams buy the league than your historic club win it for the first time in a quarter century.

Liverpool fans are the worst fans in all sports.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    I dont get the necessity of this post? what are you hoping to achieve?

City and Chel$ea are not going to be budged, Arsenal are the weakest link in the recent PL hegemony (though with Utds current turmoil its hard to know what will happen there) so Arsenal are the team I want to see fail most to help Liverpool re-establish its CL credentials for the long term (its nothing personal).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

City and Chel$ea are not going to be budged, Arsenal are the weakest link in the recent PL hegemony (though with Utds current turmoil its hard to know what will happen there) so Arsenal are the team I want to see fail most to help Liverpool re-establish its CL credentials for the long term (its nothing personal).

If that's the real reason why did you specifically state you would like Liverpool's most bitter rivals to finish above Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

While that's you have always had one available. Much like us the first half the season and we were doing well.

But imagine taking Suarez Sturridge and Gerard all out off the team at the team for a sustained period like Arsenal are going through since after Christmas and I think as much as Liverpool have been playing well and credit due to that no one can deny that would not have a huge impact on how there season has panned out just as it is on ours right now.

Yeah we've been lucky enough so far in injuries, most of ours were at the back which we could just about cope with. We're light in midfield and don't have much goals after Suarez and Sturridge.

I do think it is fair analysis to say no European football has helped Liverpool and the vast majority of Liverpool fans would see us having a title challenge and hopefully a run in the CL next season as another dream like season. Realistically the target next season is just keeping CL football, you don't realise how big it is till its gone.

Just on injuries, it seems to be a common complaint at Arsenal, it would seem maybe morseo than other clubs around you. I don't know if that's a perception or is there anything to it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Liverpool would be great if it wasnt for a small amount of fans who give them all an incredibly bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

K-9 wrote: »
    Just on injuries, it seems to be a common complaint at Arsenal, it would seem maybe morseo than other clubs around you. I don't know if that's a perception or is there anything to it.

Every team gets injuries but ours always seem to last so much longer than any other team. If Liverpool lose a player for 4 weeks, he'll be back in 6 at the latest. If Arsenal lose a player for 4 weeks, it'll be at least 8, usually more. Wenger I believe has said it is going to be looked into over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Alright I'll bite.

Liverpool won't win the league. Not this year, nor will they in the next 5 years. They're pretty much the definition of a one man team and it will catch up with you sooner rather than later.

I would love if Madrid snapped Suarez up in the summer because that coupled with your abysmal spending record would have you floundering in 5th place next year...and order would be restored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't see there being too much between Liverpool and Arsenal squadwise this season. I expect both to finish top 4 and strengthen in the summer. I think Arsenal are better placed to challenge for next seasons title given the amount of games both teams have had to cope with this season. We haven't coped as well as I'd have hoped, but I can't remember ever having so many quality players out injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Alright I'll bite.

Liverpool won't win the league. Not this year, nor will they in the next 5 years. They're pretty much the definition of a one man team and it will catch up with you sooner rather than later.

I would love if Madrid snapped Suarez up in the summer because that coupled with your abysmal spending record would have you floundering in 7th place next year...and order would be restored.
    FYP

One man team really? Still even if that is true at least that would mean Liverpool still have one more man than Arsenal.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Liverpool would be great if it wasnt for a small amount of fans who give them all an incredibly bad name.

There hard work aint they, hope they all come back when there season goes tits up

One man team really? Still even if that is true at least that would mean Liverpool still have one more man than Arsenal.

Now you are just trying to start something. Go away. Don't you guys have your own thread where you should be celebrating your best season in years instead of bitching in our thread?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Every team gets injuries but ours always seem to last so much longer than any other team. If Liverpool lose a player for 4 weeks, he'll be back in 6 at the latest. If Arsenal lose a player for 4 weeks, it'll be at least 8, usually more. Wenger I believe has said it is going to be looked into over the summer.

Our players are usually back on, or even before time, Sakho and Enrique the exceptions to the rule but there seem to be genuine reasons for that. For it to be a recurring thing would be worrying all right.

Most of the Liverpool fans I know are just enjoying this season because we never expected it, it's surreal really, plus we've the added bonus of lots of slagging of United. We haven't had much to brag about and were the but of jokes for a good while, so most of us are just getting in much delayed pay back! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

All there blowing cause there in with a chance is all after been dumped out of both cups

Can't wait for city and Chelsea to turn them over and they will be right back battling with us for fourth

The shower of flutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Must be bored of our thread and have decided to spend the day in here instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So looks like we're gonna be waiting "a few more weeks* for Ramsey :mad:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140327/team-news-who-s-fit-to-face-man-city-
    I doubt we'll see him this season.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are you not old enough at this point to do without those type of posts?

It really irritates me when fans of other teams come into specific club threads to act the maggot and gloat, etc. It is by far the worst thing about the soccer forum.

Arsenal are not my favourite team in the world by any means (Michael Thomas hangover) but they would be preferable to any of the other teams who threaten to win the league if/when Liverpool don't win it in any given year.

Saying that though, any time I go into the Arsenal, Chelsea or Utd threads I generally try not to stir crap as it does no good. I take pleasure in the failings of others especially when it benefits Liverpool, but that is no excuse for posting crap imo.

/rant

The problem with posting crap in other superthreads is it gives ammunition to types of poster that thrive on that stuff, even the seagull ones pipe up! That's by no means a criticism of this thread, its a problem in Liverpool and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If that's the real reason why did you specifically state you would like Liverpool's most bitter rivals to finish above Arsenal?

i too would love to see spur get top 4 instead of everton.. o wait :pac::pac:

i too would love to see spur get top 4 instead of everton.. o wait :pac::pac:

As long as the top 4 looks like:
    Arsenal
    City
    Chelsea
    Sp*rs
    The rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

We're going to play in New York during the summer. No other tour planned according to this
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140320/club-confirms-pre-season-visit-to-usa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Right I'm going for it.

Give Wenger another 2 years to finally spend the money available.

I actually still believe in him despite some of my posts.

And if anyone can quiten certain fans on this thread, it's him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

CatInABox wrote: »
    Sometimes I click into the Arsenal thread, and I get totally confused. I start to question myself, "Did I click the wrong thread?". Then I question Boards, "Has boards accidentally sent me into the wrong thread?".

Finally, it dawns on me that I DID click the right thread, and Boards HAS sent me to the right thread, it's just got the wrong people in it.

Sigh.

I do laugh at times at the fact that niallo posts more in the Arsenal thread, than he does over in ours. :D

Arsenal:

op56rUY.png

Liverpool:

OnGSvfS.png

As long as the top 4 looks like:
    Arsenal
    City
    Chelsea
    Sp*rs
    The rest.

I'd be OK with
    Arsenal
    Everton
    Southampton
    Newcastle

myself, unlikely as it might be. :D

Knex. wrote: »
    I do laugh at times at the fact that niallo posts more in the Arsenal thread, than he does over in ours. :D

Arsenal:

Liverpool:

Thats just weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Do you want to make up your mind and stick to a point, or just go away?

Did you not see my post after that. Posts like this looking for thanks are just as bad as opposition fans posting ****e in here.

Did you not see my post after that. Posts like this looking for thanks are just as bad as opposition fans posting ****e in here.

No, they are not.

I guess most of us feel more strongly about opposition fans posting ****e than you do, then.

ronjo wrote: »
    No, they are not.

I posted he was a disgrace for not spending more money and straight away I said I was wrong and apologized but just ignore that when your looking for thanks.

I posted he was a disgrace for not spending more money and straight away I said I was wrong and apologized but just ignore that when your looking for thanks.

Wouldnt you have more fun chatting with your fellow Liverpool supporters though considering you are on your best run in years?

ronjo wrote: »
    Wouldnt you have more fun chatting with your fellow Liverpool supporters though considering you are on your best run in years?

The great thing about this forum is the different views rather than just one sided comments. That's why I got off rawk. My original post was in reply to a post that Rodgers was getting too much credit and I'd like to see how they would get on without European football. It's spiraled from there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement