Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 mod warning post #5144

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

niallo27 wrote: »
    Did you not see my post after that. Posts like this looking for thanks are just as bad as opposition fans posting ****e in here.

What's with this "looking for thanks" crap? What use is a thank to me? Can I exchange them for money? Maybe it's just an indicator of how much of us don't want the likes of you and mike in this thread unless you actually have something to contribute. So, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What's with this "looking for thanks" crap? What use is a thank to me? Can I exchange them for money? Maybe it's just an indicator of how much of us don't want the likes of you and mike in this thread unless you actually have something to contribute. So, do you?

Why didn't you quote my third post from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Its hard to know how to line up at the weekend?

One thing is certain..... We need two DMs and I would leave Podolski on the bench.
    I think Tayto had a valid point when he said he is much more effective when teams are sitting back so I would only consider bringing him on if we are losing to be honest. Perhaps also, if by some chance it was level and we were will on top with 10 mins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Back 5
    Kim/flamini
    Gnabry rosicky. Ox
    Sanogo

I would pick Ganbry, ox and sanogo for there threat in behind, we desperately need that

I also liked sanogo workrate and been a nuisance the two times I have seen him think we need that

Arteta gets the bullet cause his legs are gone Kim looks a bit more mobile

Decent options from the bench

Sit back stay compact and try get the ox and gnabry to catch them on the break

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

abe-simpson-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Knex. wrote: »
    I do laugh at times at the fact that niallo posts more in the Arsenal thread, than he does over in ours. :D

Arsenal:

op56rUY.png

Liverpool:

OnGSvfS.png

That's so sad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Why didn't you quote my third post from last night.

Why should I? This is the Arsenal thread, not the Liverpool thread. So contribute usefully here and stop trolling, or continue trolling in your own thread if you want, I don't care. Although seemingly you prefer being in here judging by post count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

bad2dabone wrote: »
    That's so sad!

Well half them posts are from last night and today. Arsenal fans are so touchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Hands up if anyone wants to talk about anything Arsenal related?

• Advertisement

Well half them posts are from last night and today. Arsenal fans are so touchy.

It's OK if you prefer it in the Arsenal forum. It's classy here. I can understand why you post here more than in the Liverpool one.

Back 5
    Kim/flamini
    Gnabry rosicky. Ox
    Sanogo

I would pick Ganbry, ox and sanogo for there threat in behind, we desperately need that

I also liked sanogo workrate and been a nuisance the two times I have seen him think we need that

Wouldnt be too unhappy to see this but would be surprised to see Wenger make so many changes. Its only 3 I know but seems a bit radical for him.

wawaman wrote: »
    Hands up if anyone wants to talk about anything Arsenal related?

Oh please yes. So do you think we'll get our confidence back for the Wigan match? The Everton league game in goodison is huge also. Can't afford to lose it.

Oh please yes. So do you think we'll get our confidence back for the Wigan match? The Everton league game in goodison is huge also. Can't afford to lose it.

8 days between Everton and Wigan.

You'd hope the lads could pick themselves up in the event they do beat us.

Honestly. The squad depth. Speechless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Massive game on Saturday, no matter what certain people say we are crippled in mid by injuries.

Would love to try the 2 dm and hit them on the break, but is this team able or ever been drilled to play this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

As of right now i am worried about the semi final, if we come away from the city/everton games with say 1 point then confidence will be very low and Wigan have shown that they can raise their game when it matters.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Massive game on Saturday, no matter what certain people say we are crippled in mid by injuries.

Would love to try the 2 dm and hit them on the break, but is this team able or ever been drilled to play this way?

I's worked on occasion, the win against Napoli springs to mind but definitely been more miss than hit. Either way Wenger has to stop setting the team up so open against the bigger clubs. I'm expecting a pretty cagey game tbh as the team will be playing to not lose more than anything else.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I's worked on occasion, the win against Napoli springs to mind but definitely been more miss than hit. Either way Wenger has to stop setting the team up so open against the bigger clubs. I'm expecting a pretty cagey game tbh as the team will be playing to not lose more than anything else.

That's what Pellegrini will be expecting and then BAM! we start out as an attacking force!

The logic of Wenger!

That's what Pellegrini will be expecting and then BAM! we start out as an attacking force!

The logic of Wenger!

AND ONE DAY IT WILL WORK !!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

A draw would be a good result for us. A win a fantastic one.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    A draw would be a good result for us. A win a fantastic one.

Its such a shame its come to that.

Absolutely crucial to avoid defeat at Goodison and beat Wigan which would hopefully set us up to finish the last league games strongly.

• Advertisement

if we avoid defeat at goodison we should be ok for 4th.

if we get beaten its super squeaky bum time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't think I could handle the stress of it going down to the last day for the third year in a row...

Don't think I could handle the stress of it going down to the last day for the third year in a row...

we should start a 4th place support group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Back 5
    Kim/flamini
    Gnabry rosicky. Ox
    Sanogo

I like that. and Sanogo will give Demichelis and Co. more hard time than Giroud ever will..

we should start a 4th place support group.

And call it "1-1 at Newcastle" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Man City to win 3-0. Wengers tactics, or lack of, will see us overwhelmed again. People saying we have improved from last year are bonkers. More points on the board doesn't mean improvement necessarily. If we had more points than last year and came 5th then thats not improvement. Wenger does the same thing year after year and expects different results. I think the last 9 years prove he's wrong. It's time for a radical change at the club, management and players, or we can continue on the same road for another 9 years. Wenger should do the honourable thing and move aside to let the club find a new direction. It's the only way.

I must have imagined we were top of the table for half the season until our key players got injured and dreamt that we are in the cup semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was this mentioned:

032614_exhibition_game_arsenal2_620x350.jpg

Apparently we are only having the one match over there. Surely they could have gotten a few more games around the country to make it worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

mike65 wrote: »
    One man team really? Still even if that is true at least that would mean Liverpool still have one more man than Arsenal.

Is it any wonder your post count is so embarrassing when you spout such drivel so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anyway, something else I wanted to suggest. Anyone up for a forum get together to watch the cup final if we make it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

151fba4890ff27df132f546d76609e48.jpg

She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon!
    She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May!
    And when! I asked! Oh why she wore that ribbon!
    She said its for the Arsenal and we're going to Wembley!
    Wembley! Wembley!
    We're the famous Arsenal and we're going Wembley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Anyone else think there is a bit of rebuilding to be done in the summer.

Arteta is gone. We need a new left sided attacking player. Sanga could leave. Which I'm not too fussed about. We need more pace. We need a new striker too. I think we could do with an upgrade on Gibbs too. We are getting killed on the left side this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ya know if santi can be used as bait to get a younger quicker more natural left sided player, i wouldnt say no to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I havent been keeping up with transfer gossip who is likely to be leaving and joining arsenal in summer lads?

jonny666 wrote: »
    Anyone else think there is a bit of rebuilding to be done in the summer.

Arteta is gone. We need a new left sided attacking player. Sanga could leave. Which I'm not too fussed about. We need more pace. We need a new striker too. I think we could do with an upgrade on Gibbs too. We are getting killed on the left side this year.

That would cause massive disruption to the squad. Just look at spurs for an example of why making those massive changes is a bad idea.

Replace Arteta and replace Bendtner is what is vital. No need to gut the team.

I havent been keeping up with transfer gossip who is likely to be leaving and joining arsenal in summer lads?

Park, Bendtner and Fabianski are pretty much certain to leave.

Vivianno is only on loan and has hardly been close to the pitch so likely wont be kept.

Vermaelen will probably go in search of first team football.

Sagna is up in the air.

Everyone else would be if Wenger deems them surplus to requirements. Sagna is the biggest one.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ya know if santi can be used as bait to get a younger quicker more natural left sided player, i wouldnt say no to it.

Stupid post there by myself, signed a contract two weeks ago

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That would cause massive disruption to the squad. Just look at spurs for an example of why making those massive changes is a bad idea.

Replace Arteta and replace Bendtner is what is vital. No need to gut the team.

Yeah I gotta agree with u there. Arteta and a striker are priorities and we can't go replacing em all. I'm just shocked when I realised how many we could do with.

If Sanga and vermahlen leave they will need replacing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Maybe Niall is a closet Arsenal fan and that's why he's here so much?

He probably spends a lot of time crying at the man in the Torres 9 jersey staring back from the mirror ... because he doesn't know what's real or what's not, who he is anymore. And he really likes the SAS thing. but he just can't get images of Olivier Giroud out of his head.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Park, Bendtner and Fabianski are pretty much certain to leave.

Vivianno is only on loan and has hardly been close to the pitch so likely wont be kept.

Vermaelen will probably go in search of first team football.

Sagna is up in the air.

Everyone else would be if Wenger deems them surplus to requirements. Sagna is the biggest one.

I wouldn't be too sorry to see Sanga leave. I wouldn't have said that at the start of the season but I think he has regressed too.

Raf32 wrote: »

Don't blame you for thinking it, I think he's performed poorly in a lot of games and probably should have been dropped by now if it wasn't for all the injuries. He has the talent no doubt but just needs to find the consistency. Would like to see a big game from him on Saturday but alas I fear he will be anonymous once again against a big team.

Don't blame you for thinking it, I think he's performed poorly in a lot of games and probably should have been dropped by now if it wasn't for all the injuries. He has the talent no doubt but just needs to find the consistency. Would like to see a big game from him on Saturday but alas I fear he will be anonymous once again against a big team.

Like Ozil he is a number 10 and nothing else. either play him there with ox and gnabry each side of him or dont play him at all imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Arteta and Cazorla are top four players but not title winning players.

I like Arteta, he's really worked on a new position and done a job for us. But there's a reason we got him from Everton in his late 20's. Same with Cazorla. At the time we got him, people said he was the best mid in Spain not playing for Madrid or Barca. But he was in his late 20's too and there's a reason no one big picked him up from Villareal.

To win the league you have to have the best players in the league.

Arsenal this season only really had Ramsey that stood out as being anything near that. Maybe Walcott could have had a sick run this year. I guess that wouldn't be too surprising but for the rest you can say it's not going to happen at that level and it never will.

Wenger can buy those players and make those players but until we have them we won't win the league.

I guess what makes me stay supporting Wenger is this question...

What if Arsenal for the last few years had never been a selling club and could also have afforded to spend more?

I mean before you consider the players we might have bought, you start by immediately adding Fabregas and RVP to our squad.

I get that other managers could set us up better against big teams but Wenger with no financial constraints is capable of building something really incredible.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Anyway, something else I wanted to suggest. Anyone up for a forum get together to watch the cup final if we make it?

yep - for sure!

It's all going to be ok...apparently we're signing the "Iranian Messi" :D

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/27/arsenal-make-2million-offer-for-iranian-lionel-messi-sardar-azmoun-4680498/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

keano_afc wrote: »

I had this scary image of a full scale riot in a pub after we concede a last minute goal in the final and all turn on each other!

I had this scary image of a full scale riot in a pub after we concede a last minute goal in the final and all turn on each other!

well if we lose the cup final - hell if we don't even get to the cup final - the Anti-Wenger side will defo be sure to have some more members!

at the end of the day we're all gooners and just want the club to succeed.
    I'm behind Arsene, but i'd be behind a new guy too.

Unless he was like Moyes.

And then when that's over, Mike and Niall pop in a for a chat in their Pool jerseys!

It's all going to be ok...apparently we're signing the "Iranian Messi" :D

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/27/arsenal-make-2million-offer-for-iranian-lionel-messi-sardar-azmoun-4680498/

someone else will offer 2.1m and we'll pull out.

Arsene only values him at 2m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have little interest in the Cup but i'll go in for the row.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement